The Moon's Light

Rayner

All in all, today had been a relatively average day for the vampire. Well, if the average vampire taught high school and had spent the majority of his day goofing off. He wasn't a very serious man except when it came down to his coven. He looked after every one of them as if they were his own, no harm would ever come to them as long as Rayner was in charge. He had been the leader of the clan for centuries now-- they had been living here in this town for only a couple of years. He and Christiana held the head positions, and then there were the younger vamps. Some of them were kind of stupid. Most pulled their weight, although Brandon annoyed the crap out of him. He didn't seem to understand his position-- the bottom of the totem pole.

Class had been long and boring, even with Christiana sitting in the front row. Oh god, that was endlessly amusing. He found it so funny how she passed for high school age while he looked better situated in his mid-late twenties. It was something he constantly teased her about. He totally reveled in it; in fact, he had given her detention three days this week so far, including today. He always made up some bullshit to put in the computer, but really it was just because he liked having her around for company while he was finishing up some work.

Emily always got detentions from him too-- little shifter brat. He could smell it on her. The age old feud hadn't died in the least over the decades and the rivalry was still strong. He hadn't wanted her in his class, but he had anyways. So he didn't feel bad about giving her detentions all the time. She was sassy as hell, too. He always had to stop himself from going back into a tirade of 'the old days'. That would blow his cover, and as hard as it was for him not to go off and wish he could smack her one....just a little one...he did it. She tried to pout her way out of detention, but it never worked on him. He just upped the time she had to stay.

He had been sitting here checking papers for the better part of an hour, the room in silence apart from the popping of Emily's gum and the scratching of Christiana's pencil. It was painfully loud in his ears compared to the otherwise stillness.

Rayner's eyes fell on Emily with a little bit of a smirk. "Miss Emily, you can go now." He told her, nodding towards the door. She looked like she was going to make some sarcastic, sassy comment, but instead she packed up her things and trooped to the door, leaving him all alone with Christiana. Perfect. Not that he could do anything here-- after all, he was the teacher and she was the student for all intents and purposes. He shuffled his papers and filed them away. There was Coven matters to be attended to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Slow start, but I just wanted to introduce y'all to Rayner <3
Anywhoosit, new story 'cause we feel like it. enjoy 8D