The Moon's Light

Emily

Emily hated it when that stupid vampire gave her detention, but it did it every single fucking day. EVERY SOLITARY DAY. She had begged and pleaded to be allowed to drop the class or go to a different school, but she was always told the same thing-- 'Suck it up princess. Why don't you cry me a river, build me a bridge and get over it?' So, she did. She didn't complain when she was at home with the pack, even though they drove her up a wall sometimes. Being the youngest was awful. They were tough on her and they knew it, rules this, rules that-- she was far too stubborn to have somebody ordering her around. Besides, she enjoyed her solitude sometimes.

It was already dark outside and she was taking the long way home. Through the woods to where the pack lived-- and no, they did not live in a cave. The house was actually really impressive. A sprawling home with more than enough room for the entire pack plus more, a large garage and a huge lawn. They owned a lot of the land around them, more for secrecy reasons than anything else. There had always been legends of shifters in these woods. Some thought they were werewolves, but it wasn't the same thing at all. She could shift into any animal that she had seen in person, and the full moon had nothing to do with anything; she shifted at will. Some people were just ridiculous.

She kicked a rock as hard as she could and regretted it almost immediately. "Owww!" she whined even though there was nobody around to hear her, grabbing her toe. This was really not helping her mood, neither was the fact that she was positive she was going to be in trouble when she got home. After all, school had gotten out at like, 3:30, and it was just about 7 now. She'd been in detention for what seemed like a lifetime, but she was kind of dragging her feet as well. She was in no hurry to be in trouble, so why should she rush home?

She could see the house from the path already. She didn't really want to go inside, so she stood just inside the forest for a couple of minutes. Ugh, she just wanted to stay here forever, but it was starting to get kind of cold, and really, really dark, and she wanted to be inside all warm and cozy. She just wished she could forgo the lecture for bed. Sighing, Emily ran a hand through her dark hair and stepped out into the moonlight, quickly shifting into one of her favorite forms-- a small grey cat. How could somebody be angry with a cute little kitty?

She ventured up the stone steps and through the pet door. With any luck she could skulk to her room without being seen and pretend she'd been here the whole time.
♠ ♠ ♠
...i have nothan to say. except that i would like some waffles.