Status: Active.

Finders Keepers

We've Got These Faces, They're Painted

Zack and I drove away from the mansion, just a couple blocks away to find a quiet place. He pulled up at a hill and opened the sunroof. He brought a bottle of mineral water with him and I found a cooler full of cans of beer in the trunk, so I got myself a can.

We made ourselves comfortable to watch the stars through the sunroof and shared a blanket because it was quite chilly that night even when we didn’t turn on the airconditioner. The radio was on a low volume and it was softly playing a song by Phoenix – 1901, I think.

We kept talking to each other, keeping the conversation alive. What made me a bit nervous was that we were speaking in also low voices, and his voice – oh my god, I could melt right here, right now. It was really deep and I have a weakness for that kind of voice – it’s sexy.

“Tell me more about yourself,” he said, looking up to the sky. “We haven’t really talked about you.”

“Me?” I chuckled, “I think it’s too much about me. Why don’t you tell me about you?”

He took a deep breath. “Fine. Well, I really like surfing.”

“Surfing? So you’re not just a musician, but you’re also a surfer?”

“Yeah and I work out like 24/7.”

I laughed. “That explains the Johnny Bravo look.”

He chuckled. “Yeah. I also do photography.”

“Photography? I suck at it. I tried taking photos using my cousin’s camera a few times but he always said that I really suck,” I giggled at the memory. “I’m not angry at him though; he’s right. I really suck at photography.”

“Maybe I can teach you sometimes,” he said, turning his head. I turned my head too and met his green eyes.

“You do?” Wait, why am I muttering?

“Mmhm.”

He deeply stared into my eyes and leaned in closer. I took a deep breath but as our lips were about to touch, I felt something funny in my stomach so in a quick movement I opened the car door, landed on the cemented ground and puking my guts out.

Must be the alcohol.

Ugh, this is so embarrassing.

- - -

I woke up with a pounding head and heavy eyelids. Last night after what happened we quickly went back to the mansion to get everyone back in the car and Zack drove us back to Alex’s house. I don’t know where the others slept but right now I am safely lying on my bed, in my bedroom, alone. Maybe they crashed on the couch or floor in the living room.

I found two pills of Advil and a glass of water so I consumed both of it before getting out of bed and took a refreshing shower.

Just like I guessed, Alex’s friends were crashing in the living room. Rian and Kara shared the couch, Jack was on the carpet and Zack was on another sofa. I tip-toed to the kitchen and made myself some toasts with blueberry jam, and a cup of apple tea. I finished my breakfast and decided to look for work today.

I went back to the living room and found Zack really cute with his mouth slightly opened, so I went to him (and trying not to step on – or purposely kick – Jack that kept changing his position every ten seconds) and lightly kissed his forehead before I headed out to the town.

Funny how I went to different cafes, restaurants, bookstores, clothing stores, flower shops, and grocery stores but none of them needed an employee at the moment. I was about to lose hope until I walked past a gallery. Winters’ Gallery, that’s what the board said. The paintings that were displayed were really good, so I went inside to look around.

The paintings were amazing; they were all very breath-taking. Back in Essex everyone said I paint like a goddess, but compared to these, my paintings are nothing.

I was observing an abstract painting – the textures and colours – when someone cleared their throat behind me. I turned around and found a woman in her mid-twenties, looking at my direction.

“Is there anything I can do to help?” she asked politely.

“Um, no, not really, I’m just looking around. Really great stuff you got here,” I said. “I paint too.”

She raised her eyebrows. “Really?” She seemed to be interested.

“Yeah, but I really am just a beginner compared to the paintings in here.”

I saw her cheeks reddened a bit. “Oh, psh, they’re not that special. But thank you. My name is Jane Winters, I own this gallery,” she offered me her hand and I shook it.

“Penny Trucia,” I replied. “Um, do you need an employee, by any chance?” I asked. “I just moved here around a week ago and I’m looking for a job, and I really love painting and I love your paintings so I guess I’ll fit in here.”

She laughed. “Actually, yeah. My brother actually works here but he’s rarely here, so basically I’m all by myself.” She motioned me to come with her to a counter and she took a sheet of paper and placed it in front of me. “Just leave your name and number here.”

“That’s it?” I said in disbelief.

“Yeah, you’re in,” she grinned. “You don’t need to work starting today though; tomorrow is fine.”

“No, today is fine!”

I got a job associated to the thing I love the most and my boss seemed cool.

I’m really looking forward to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY GHINA I UPDATED THIS FOR YOU, ARE YOU HAPPY? now kum 2 mama ~ loljk

highschool has been crazy for me, assignments are piling up like a hill of dead fishes. it's also only been a month but drama has been going around, my sweet Lord.