Guilty Pleasure

Almost Got Caught

I woke up at 3 p.m. the following afternoon. After my stint with Whitney, I did feel a little guilty. I cheated on my wife, the woman I have kids with. I was never one to cheat, but with Whitney, everything was different. I was finally happy again, and I knew that I had feelings for her. Whether or not they were returned, I had no idea. But I was surprisingly okay with that.

I walked down to my kitchen, where I saw Sienna sitting down, drinking her coffee. She had a weird, unreadable look on her face and I really hoped that she didn't know about Whitney.

"James" she said quietly.

"Yeah?" I questioned.

"I have something I need to tell you"

"What is it?"

"I found out something"

Oh shit, I'm screwed. That's it. It's all over, she knows.

"Look, honey, I can explain" I started before she cut me off.

"What are you talking about? James, I'm pregnant" she said, pausing to see my reaction.

A look of relief washed over my face. "What? Congratulations! Babe, I'm so happy" but in fact, I wasn't happy. I felt more tied down then I already was.

"I know, I want to turn one of the guest rooms into a nursery. James, I'm so happy" she said, but she looked like she was faking it. No matter how good of an actress Sienna was, she could never fool me.

"Me too" I said quickly, a little too quickly. "Um, I'm gonna go drive around for a little while. I'll be back soon" I kissed her forehead, grabbed my leather jacket, and closed the front door behind me. I jumped in my car and drove to the bar. I had to find Whitney. I also desperately needed some tequila.