Status: indefinite hiatus; possibly going to be re-written.

Stain

Prologue

Her heart was pounding, she was sprinting through the forests, running as fast as she could, to get away from the monster.

It was only a few drinks, she just wanted to get home, and out of that...this had happened?

Was he going to murder her? Rape her? Beat her?

She didn't know.

And that was the scariest part, she had no idea what he was going to do with her once he caught her. The horrid images flicked through her mind like a film reel, her eyes were swollen with tears. Her gut was stinging with the pain of the kick he had given her in the stomach when he first caught her.

There was a fork in her path, she stopped and looked both ways, and ran into the thicket of trees to the left, doing it out of impulse.

Her black Chuck Taylors pounded the dirt ground, she panted out of exhaustion. She was tired, she wanted stop and lay down, she wanted to rest.

She wanted this nightmare to be over with.

Stopping, she looked around, the eerie silence was blasting in her ears. All she could hear was her heart pounding in her chest and her staggering breath. Every noise made her heart stop, her shirt stuck to her chest.

He could be right there, any second, any minute, every breath could be her last one. This could be her last moment. Everything could be her last. Her last words, her last breath, her last blink. Everything.

She was terrified. She had done nothing wrong to deserve this...nothing at all.

Her dark brown bangs stuck to her forehead, damp with sweat.

Bark slammed up against her back, cold hands gripped her neck, a force she had never thought imaginable was against her.

"You thought you could get away from me, you little bitch?!"

He had her by the throat, his sharp finger nails suddenly getting longer and digging into the soft skin that covered her neck, her neck popped when her blood slowly ran onto his hands.

Her heart was slamming against her ribcage, tears poured out of her eyes.

His blue eyes burned with anger, turning a deeper, darker blue.

He bit his lower lip, then laughed.

"Silly little mortal girl, thinking you can out run me. You know, our race has always been superior, and you silly little cunt humans thought you were. Ha. Ha. Ha."

The smell of his stale breath stung her sinus system, she turned her head away.

He gripped her face and turned her to face him, driving her further up the tree, the blood from his nails stabbing her neck was running down his hand.

She whimpered in pain, wincing against the impalement of his sharp, claw-like fingernails against her pale neck.

"Is this how you like it, slut?"

His sharp fangs suddenly broke the skin on her throat, her warm, salty, sweet blood pouring into his mouth, it was running so fast not all of it made it to his mouth, instead it ran down her neck, into the crease between her breasts.

She screamed, her put his free hand over her mouth.

Her scream was muffled, but still audible.

He removed his attention from her blood, and looked at her, "Shut your face bitch! Before I fucking kill you!"

He pulled out a pocket knife, she stopped screaming but her tears came out faster, mixing with the blood that was running out of her neck.

Laughing, he returned to her neck, and began slowly licking the stream of running blood going down her chest. Her tears overcame her and she began sobbing, writhing against his touch.

He hadn't fed in days. All energy had returned to him since he saw the intoxicated young girl staggering on the sidewalk in the middle of the night.

"Filthy little bastard!"

He turned his attention away from the girl, and looked.

They were standing there.

"Have her. I'm done anyways."

He gave way of his grip on her neck, her limp body falling to the ground, blood still flowing from her neck.

She lied in the dirt, the two other men running up to her, her blood forever staining the earth.

She began to drift out of reality, into a sense of unconsciousness, not being able to see or feel, only to hear.

"Silvan, we have to."

"God damn it Aleksander, no we don't! We have enough Nymphs to take care of already."

"Shes dying! What am I supposed to do?! Just sit here and let her die?!"

"In your 114 years of living, I am sure that you have let people die before."

There was silence.

"And I regret that. I will never let that happen again."

She had almost completely slipped into death, until a burning fire entered her, staining her with the curse...forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a one-shot for a contest.

Comment?

Should I continue it into a series?

Love&&Stitches,
Lyndsey.