Status: indefinite hiatus; possibly going to be re-written.

Stain

Bloody Slag

Aleksander paced in the hallway, flipping through old photographs and a cigarette dangling out of his mouth. Nicotine had no effect on vampires but it was a habit he still held from his mortal life.

Alena had terrified him. Seeing her about to jump off that balcony, even though he knew nothing could have happened to her other than being in an uncomfortable pain for a bit, made his stomach drop. A wave of panic had washed over him that he had to cover up with calmness, he couldn’t alarm or scare her. Then she would have jumped.

He sighed, leaning over the balcony, the smoke slowly leaving his breath into the night air. He glanced at his watch, three in the morning. She had gone to bed in the room off of his own over two hours ago.

He slowly opened the bedroom door, his cigarette dangling from his mouth, about to die. She was sleeping without blankets. Her pale legs crossed over one another, as did her arms above her. Her dark brown hair that was now turning slightly curly was pushed out of her face, which was beautiful. Aleksander walked over to the window, opened it, and put the cigarette out on the windowsill, the ashes crushing into the concrete.

He could feel the cold air lightly blowing onto the back of his neck as he stared at Alena, then snapped himself out of it to walk over to her and kiss her lightly on her forehead. The lovely scent of her hair filled his nose as he pulled away whispering, “Sladkie mechty, krasivaya zhenshchina.”.

As he slowly shut the door behind him Silvan stood in the hallway in front of him, spinning his fedora on one finger.

“You did not.”

“I didn’t do what?”

“Sleep with her, the girl.”

Aleksander cast a sly smile at him, “No, not yet. And she has a name.”

Silvan gave him a puzzling look, “She remembers her name?”

“No, I gave her a name. Alena.”

Silvan looked up at the ceiling, “Last time I checked, the name Alena’s meaning was torch, so are you assuming she is some sort of homicidal pyromaniac?”

Aleksander gave him a sarcastic laugh, “Sure. No, I thought it was a gorgeous name and traditional, so, I basically named her.”

As he walked off into the parlour he sighed aloud, “You’re going to end up falling for her, Alek.”

“No.”

“Yes you are.”

“Silvan, I told you. I’m done with women.”

He sat down, making himself a shot of vodka and blood, just as Aleksander had earlier that night with Alena, “You so sure about that?”

***

Blood poured from her neck, sweat was dripping from her brow.

She woke up, instinctively slapping her palm to the area on her neck were the bite wounds were from the attack, she was in a cold sweat and she was shaking.

What did these nightmares mean? She had no idea. She still had the dress on from the night before, morning sunbeams hit her skin and warmed her. She sat up and stretched, her heart was slowly coming down from the adrenaline rush of the nightmare.

Her feet hit the cold floor just as they had the night before when she woke up, she brushed down the skirt of her dress as she made her way outside of her room. Nobody was to be found.

She found one of the bathrooms herself and turned the hot water on. It felt soothing, washing off the sweat from the night before and whatever had been before that, she couldn’t remember a thing. After getting out she wrapped a dark burgundy towel around her body and stepped out, her dark dripping wet hair went down onto her shoulder blades. She came to find an armoire in the hallway and opened it, unfortunately only finding men’s clothes.

She put on a dark button up shirt and buttoned up the middle two buttons and luckily found one pair of what looked like women’s black shorts and pulled them on.

“That’s Aleksander’s shirt, you know.”

Alena spun around, startled. A young girl was standing there that looked about her early twenties. She had long dark red hair that curled in large ringlets, her pale expression was completed with a pair of deep set purple eyes and a displeased expression played on her face.

Alena laughed nervously, “I figured it was either his or Silvan’s…oh um…I’m Alena.” she stuck out her hand to shake the girl’s in front of her. The girl looked her up and down, Alena awkwardly pulled her hand back. “I’m Klara. How long have you been here?”

“Oh well, I woke up in that bedroom sometime yesterday, and I couldn’t remember a thing.”

“Oh…you’re that thing Silvan spoke of.”

She fussed with the bottom of the shirt as she looked at the ground, she could sense the hatred radiating off of Klara.

“The new Nymph. The one Aleksander changed. The one who is bloody loony and tried offing herself last night.”

Alena looked up at her and a sense of courage waved over her senses, “Sod off.”

“Alena.”

She spun around, Aleksander stood there, his head was down and he was fussing with his hair. He looked up with a smile on his face. “Good morning ladies, I see you two have met each other. Alena, this is Klara. Klara, this is Alena.”

“Alek stop acting like I’m some damn numpty.”

Aleksander laughed and faced Alena, “Klara has a very thick Cockney way of speaking, as you can see.”

“Cockney..?”

Aleksander laughed, “You’ll learn all in time, my dear.”

Klara scoffed, “She’s a bloody slag that’s off her rocker, I damn well tell you.” as she walked off, arms crossed.

“You’ll have to forgive Klara. She’s quite the jealous type.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Cockney<3
Bahaha.
Alena's outfit.
Kcmnt4cmntwhoresbai

Love&&Stitches,
Lyndsey.