Stars Came Down in a Million Showers

Chapter twenty-two

*TIME ELAPSE*

Frank opened his eyes hoping to see Gerard there or some sign it hadn’t been a dream. His hopes faded though as his eyes rested on his mother who was the only one by his side. He groaned slightly which caused her to clasp his hand tighter and move to meet his eyes. Frank blinked at her, trying to rid his eyes of tears, “Mum!” the word was half wailed and half croaked as he gripped her hand.

“It’s OK baby, hush!” Linda was quick to reassure her son, “they had to operate on you but it’s OK now, everything is going to be OK.”

Frank shook his head, “it isn’t OK because Gee…,” his voice trailed away in a dry sob. He swallowed, “where is he?”

“He couldn’t stay as he isn’t family,” Linda explained gently, “we did try Frank but they wouldn’t bend the rules even slightly for us. He will be here as soon as he can baby,” then she gasped, “oh baby he was your wish wasn’t he? Oh God, you didn’t dream him and he is very real and he loves you very much,” she stroked his cheek and watched the relief flood her son’s face. “I didn’t know that’s what you thought Frank or I would have set you straight when you came back.”

Frank looked at the guilt on his mothers face and lightly shook his head, “I should have just asked outright,” he said, all he knew was the relief that he felt at that he felt at that moment. What had happened before suddenly did not seem important to him and that included all his father had put him through. The sudden memory of that he sat up with a gasp, “is it true?” this caused his mother to give him a blank look at which point he realised that she hadn’t been part of his train of thought, “is he dead? Dad I mean, is he?”

“Oh… Oh yes Frank, he is dead and its is all over,” Linda gathered her son into a tight embrace, “it’s over and he won’t come for you again,” she rubbed at Frank’s back, “I am just sorry that it went as far as it did.”

“It’s not your fault,” Frank said as he returned the embrace, “it is just the way it went.”

There was a moment of a comfortable silence between the two. “Come on Frank, let’s get you ready before visiting hours get here,” Linda helped her son to get washed and dressed, “did you really wish for Gerard?”

Frank coloured slightly, “um… yeah, I wished for him to take me away from it all. And he came for me when Dad was… you know… so my wish came true. That night there must have been a million star showers!”

“There must have been baby; there must have been,” Linda commented with a smile as she finished helping Frank. She couldn’t describe how happy she was knowing that everything was going right for Frank, “I thought you didn’t believe in miracles,” she teased.

“I do believe,” said a voice and Frank looked up to see Gerard standing at the foot of the bed clutching an armful of cuddly toys, flowers and balloons. He gave these all to Linda as he moved to hold Frank in his arms, “do you believe in miracles sugar?”

Frank wound his arms around Gerard, “I believe!” he gasped out as their lips met in a heated kiss.

*END*
♠ ♠ ♠
10 stars!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you like the ending, thank you everybody!