The Dark Side of the Moon

The Last Time You Told Me You Loved Me

(Ana’s POV)

I sat in the garden for a long time after the Cullen’s left. I watched the sun go down while sitting perched on the stone bench. My thoughts were jumbled and confused, but I was not yet ready to deal with them. As darkness settled in around me, I heard Reed approach, snapping me out of my reverie. “Ana?” his voice called out. He slowly approached my still form. “What are you staring at?” I smiled up at him and gracefully stood up, shaking my head. “Nothing. Nothing at all. I was just thinking.” My brother’s expression remained worried, but he did not press the subject further as he followed me inside.

That night I laid on my bed, listening to my family members as they moved throughout the house. It was not fair for me to lead him on. Perhaps, I gave in too easily. I could feel the tears beginning to form in my eyes, thinking of how selfish I was being.

I did not know when they would find me, but they would. They always did, and when they came, there was nothing I would be able to do to protect him. But I could not stay away. Deep down I knew that it did not matter what I did to avoid Jasper, we would continue to be drawn together like magnets. I rubbed my eyes with my hands, thinking of the countless obstacles and complications that were staring me in the face. I made another list, hoping to settle my mind.

1.) I would have to tell Jasper what I was eventually. It was unavoidable, but the question is: When?

2.) What would happen to Alice? I did not fully understand the two’s relationship, but I could tell they had one. The thought of Jasper choosing her over me, along with the idea of ever hurting the girl, crushed my heart.

3.) Would our families be accepting? After all, we would be putting them in a complicated and perilous situation too.

4.) Finally, his kind and mine are supposed to be natural enemies. How was this going to work?

It all seemed too much for anybody to overcome. I took a deep breath and found myself hoping that the saying of “love conquers all” was true.

(Jasper’s POV)

The ride back to our house was silent, and filled with Carlisle and Esme’s disapproval. When we arrived home Alice and Rosalie ran out to meet us. The look on our parents’ faces however, caused them to stop in their tracks. “Living room. Now please.” Carlisle stated.

When we were all settled in the spacious room, Carlisle began. “Now, I understand your initial concern, but the way you handled the situation tonight was inappropriate and truthfully, a bit embarrassing. Cyrus Kresmira is an old friend of mine, so imagine how I felt when my children come bursting into his home to accuse him of kidnapping, or perhaps worse.” “We’re sorry Carlisle. We were just worried about you.” Alice chimed. The two parents smiled before Esme continued, “We understand dear. Thank you, but rest assured from now on, the Giordanos are a very trustworthy family.” My siblings and I murmured our agreement.

“Speaking of which,” Carlisle started, “What do you think of them all?” Rosalie thought for a moment before being the first to speak. “I suppose they’re alright. They seem harmless enough, but I certainly haven’t made MY final decision yet.” Carlisle nodded before looking to Emmett next. “So far I like em’. The brothers are stronger then I expected.” He said with a grin. Edward rolled his eyes before butting in, “Don’t worry Emmett, I’m sure you’ll get a rematch. Although, I have to admit I was wrong about them all, they seem to want to fit in.” It was my turn, but I couldn’t speak right away. After a moment I managed to mumble, “I think their all good kids. Their a bit mysterious, but I’m sure, I’m hoping, that they’ll grow to trust us over time.” I wanted to tell them the truth, to tell them how I was falling in love with a girl I hardly knew, how their history was probably a lot darker then we could imagine, but I kept my mouth shut, and turned my eyes to Alice.

“Alice?” Esme urged. She cleared her throat before speaking, “I…I…I just don’t know.” She whispered before speedily exiting the room. Everyone remained silent for a while, and I knew they were looking at me. Expecting me to go and comfort the woman I supposedly loved. I gave in, and followed after her. I stopped outside the door before entering, and taking a deep breath I slowly entered.

Her small form was leaning against the large window, staring outside. I didn’t move from the doorway. After a few awkward, silent moments passed by I spoke up. “Everything alright?” She turned towards me, and the sight of her red-rimmed eyes plagued me with guilt. I knew she’d been sobbing, or as close to crying as her immortal body would allow. She took one small step closer to me. “What’s going on Jasper?” I shifted uncomfortably, when I didn’t immediately respond she continued. “Were not us anymore, and sometimes, when I feel as though maybe we can pull ourselves together, you start talking about them. About HER.” I still hadn’t spoken at this point, and I was having a bit of trouble meeting her eyes.

Alice waited for some sort of response, but she did not receive it. She took another step before starting to sob again. “It’s not fair!” she shouted, “Just talk to me Jasper! Please! Explain to me what you’re thinking; What your feeling!” My jaw clenched. I rushed soothing energy over to her, trying to help ease her pain, and turned towards the door. Before I stepped out though, I heard her whisper behind me, “When was the last time you told me you loved me?” “I…” I began, but I was darting out of the house before I could think of what to say.
♠ ♠ ♠
*SORRY SORRY SORRY! I know I haven’t updated in an eternity, but I tore my ACL and both my meniscus’s and had to get surgery and blah blah blah. But I’m back  Thanks for everyone who’s reading and especially to Stargirl12 who reviewed! I'm disappointed by the lack of reviews :(( if its that bad at least tell me how to fix it! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep reading and ummm... oh yeah! REVIEW*