Status: Complete.

The Sign

Irony

Angel sighed as she ran her comb through her hair. Her lips curled in frustration and she groaned loudly. Her hair never seemed to do what she wanted to do with it. Even when she felt motivated to actually do something with it, it always won the fight. She tossed her brush to the other side of the room in anger as a body made it’s way through the room.

“Angel.” Her friend Jena called for her.

Angel scanned her friends outfit, Jena was always well put together especially when her fiancé came home. She cocked her head noticing the outrageous red dress her friend wore. Which meant Matt was home, and it meant that Brian was home. She suddenly got excited.

“Were you aiming for me or something?” Jena laughed.

“Sorry.” She apologized.

She really meant nothing by the throw it was just her frustration coming out. She sighed as she scanned herself in the mirror. Her hair was still the flat mess, for which she was clueless how to fix. She had no clue how her friends made it look so easy.

“It’s okay Angelface, we all get frustrated every once in a while.” Jena smirked.

“So I take it Matt’s home?”

“Yeah.” She giggled. “We’re going on a date tonight.”

Angel watched as Jena picked up the brush and ran it through her hair. Her eyes closed to the gentle strokes of the brush and she let Jena work her magic. Jena never minded helping her with her hair or make up, because let’s face she had no idea how to even apply eyeliner.

It was just another thing to add to her con list. She felt as if she had more pros than cons but things worked out, right? I mean she had an amazing boyfriend who always took care of her and treated her as if she were in fact the very definition of her name.

“I really don’t know how you do it Jen.” She sighed.

“Do what Angelface?”

“How in the hell do you always manage to look that good?” Angel looked at her friend in the mirror, envy starting to show toward her friend.

“I didn’t wake up this morning and look like this, trust me.” Jena laughed incredulously.

“But you make look so fucking easy.”

“It’s not.” Jena assured her friend laughing.

“I still don’t understand why Brian loves me.” She mumbled.

Her glance fell upon her friend through the looking glass. The steam coming out her ears was enough to make Angel shake.

“Angel.” Jena sighed. “Brian loves you for who you are, not how you look.”

“But I don’t even get all dolled up, ever.” Angel frowned staring at herself again. “Brian has to be bored.”

“He is not.” Jena snapped.

“But-” Angel got cut off by her friend.

“Don’t finish that sentence.” Jena seethed.

Jena never understood her friend’s negative attitude but she had to know Brian loved her. She just had to know how much Brian adored her, speaking of which she looked around wondering why he hadn’t walked through the door. She frowned and Jena rubbed her friend’s shoulder.

“He’s going to be home soon, they’re flight got delayed two hours.”

Jena answered as if she was reading Angel’s mind. Angel nodded still a bit iffy, there were so many negative things flying through her head that she started to get a headache. She groaned and placed her head in her hands.

“Fuck.” She mumbled as she looked up at her friend.

“Come on Angel, we’ve got to find you a dress and we’re going to find you one.”

Angel sighed, standing to her feet. Arguing with Jena was pointless, because Jena was very stubborn and no matter how many times Angel put up a fight Jena always won the war.

As Jena drove Angel watched the scenery pass, she liked when she didn’t have to drive most of the time. Though this, was an exception because Jena was taking Angel dress shopping. This didn’t appeal to her in the slightest but if it would make Brian’s return that much more special, then she was willing to endure the torture.

Though there was another reason she felt as if she was in some torture chamber, because traffic was backed up on both sides of their car and it was moving dreadfully slow.

Angel sat up as she looked out the window. The sunlight reflected off the car that just cut in front of them and there was lettering on the car. Angel squinted and Jena snorted as they read the window. Apparently someone had just gotten married.

“Oh my God.” Angel muttered. “It says Angel and Brian.”

“Yeah, that’s totally awesome.” Jena smirked.

“That is weird.” She blinked.

“It’s pretty ironic.”

“I guess it is.” Angel sat back, thinking about the events that just took place, and wondered what it would be like to marry Brian. She sighed in thought and smirked at Jena.

“It might be fate.” Jena wiggled her eyebrows.

“I doubt that.”

“Oh come on Angel, we all know Brian loves you.”

“But I doubt he would ask me,” She sighed mid sentence. “To marry him.”

Jena sighed giving up on the topic, as they pulled into the mall and looked for a parking spot. Angel rose from the car and waited for her friend to join her. Jena smirked and led her into the mall.

-----

“There’s no dress that’s gonna look good on me, trust me there just isn’t.” Angel insisted as she gave up all together.

“Shut up Angel.” Jena stated. “We’re finding you a dress, end of story.”

She handed her about six more dresses. She groaned and hung them up in the dressing room and pulled herself out of the one she had on. She didn’t want to try anymore on but she knew Jena wasn’t giving up.

She tried on more, and about the third dress in which was a dark purple. She loved the way it felt against her skin, even though she didn’t have any hope she actually looked good, it felt good. She walked out of the room and looked at Jena biting her lip.

“What do you think?”

“You look amazing.” Jena muttered looking at her friend.

“Good, because I really don’t want to try on anymore dresses.”

“It shouldn’t take us long to find shoes.” Jena grinned and Angel groaned.

The girls made their way across the store. Jena was nearly pulling Angel’s arm off in the pursuit of the perfect shoes. Angel groaned out loudly as Jena finally stopped. She massaged her shoulder making sure her arm was still in its socket and followed behind her friend.

Jena’s eyes scanned across the shoes like a kid in a candy shop, she never understood why girls were so into shopping, because it wasn’t really her type of thing. She wondered what sort of attraction Brian held for her, because she wasn’t like all the other girls. She didn’t like to shop, she wasn’t much for primping herself, and she didn’t have much to say.

As far as she could tell most girls, liked shopping, primping themselves, and or talking other people’s heads off. She adored Jena and could see why Matt really did love her. She was a really bright girl, she was extremely creative, and let’s face it she just adored the hell out of the man. She was a real catch, but Angel wondered how she was. What had attracted Brian to her? Why did Brian love her?

She knew how she felt about him, and she loved him more than anything for reasons she couldn’t even think of in the free moment.

“I think I found them.” Jena broke Angel from her thoughts as she grabbed a shoebox.
When the shoes had been placed on Angel’s feet she shook her head in disbelief. Jena had to be kidding if she thought she was going to walk in these shoes. It was like asking a dog to use the toilet, possible but very unlikely.

“Come on Ang, just try to walk.” Jena coached.

Angel sighed heavily and repeated what Jena had told her. Just one foot in front of the other. She began to walk keeping her eyes on her feet so she didn’t trip.

“That’s good.” Jena nodded and Angel smirked in victory. It was about damn time, she had to be good at something girly.

“Are we done now?” Angel asked in hopes that the shopping was over with.

Jena nodded and they walked out of the store with a dress and shoes for tonight. Tonight just so happened to be Angel and Brian’s anniversary so she was looking forward to him coming home.

-----

Later that evening Missy had come over to bring something to Jena. Angel had taken her shower and was putting on the dress and shoes, walking out and joining her well-dressed friends. She still felt awkward because she thought they were better dressed than her but she at least felt on the same scale finally.

Jena was still short even in her heels, which was cute, especially when Matt had to pick her up off the ground just to kiss her. Angel laughed at the thought and climbed into the car with her friends. She still had no idea what was going on, or where they were going. She only knew that she wanted to see Brian.

Once they got to the restaurant the girls took their seats. “Those fuckers still aren’t here.” Missy sighed looking down at her phone.

“They have to be late for everything, just like always.” Jena laughed.

Whitney who was Zacky’s girlfriend and Violet, Johnny’s flame joined the girls at the table and sat in waiting of their men.

“Has anyone heard from them?” Jena asked worriedly.

“Nope, I haven’t heard shit.” Whitney sighed.

“No.” Violet frowned.

“Fuck.” Missy sat back, all the girls started to get worried about the boys.
Angel sat up when she heard Jena giggle, looking behind Jena to see Matt had finally made it. Not only that but he looked handsome. Jena definitely had it made with Matt.

All the boys had arrived soon after, except Brian. Missy was beaming and practically knocked Jimmy to the ground, Whitney had screamed, and Violet just... it was gross.

Her mind started racing with the thousands of things that could have happened and sat up putting her face in her hands when suddenly she felt a presence next to her.

“Hey.” He breathed into her ear tucking some of her dark hair behind her ear he kissed her jaw. “I’m sorry I’m late.”

“It’s okay.” She blushed getting up from her seat to embrace him. He buried his face into her hair and she grinned. “I missed you.”

“I missed you too.” He wrapped his arms around her tighter. “You have no idea how much.”

“I don’t?” She pulled away from him. He grinned and shook his head pecking her lips before taking his seat next to Zacky at the table.

“I’m starving.” He muttered reaching for Angel’s hand that rested on the table.

“Well then get something to eat?” She looked at him smiling. He chuckled and went in for a kiss on her cheek.

“I love you.” He murmured.

“I love you too Brian.” She smiled widely. She was so happy he was home and nothing was wrong.

As dinner went along Angel kept looking at Brian, hearing the crack in his voice there was something wrong that he wasn’t saying in front of everyone. She sighed into her glass of water and watched Brian smirk at her. What could be bugging him that he couldn’t say in front of his friends?

“Come on babe.” Brian pulled Angel from her daze.

He was standing up, looking down at her with a soft smile on his lips, and his hand extended. She placed her smaller hand into his and stood up following him.

“Have a good night you two.” Jena giggled as she looked at Matt.

Angel nodded as Brian pulled her out of the restaurant. He pulled her close to him, as close as someone could get to another body and pressed his lips to her neck.

“I’ve missed you so much.” He murmured.

Once they got back home, things were calm. She sat down on the couch still in the dark dress from the evening. Brian wrapped his arms around her tightly as they watched a movie.

“Are you okay?” She asked with her mouth against his jaw.

“I’m fine.” He smirked. “I’m great actually.”

“Then why do you seem so nervous?” She wondered.

“I’ve just been thinking a lot.”

There’s that line every woman cringes to hear. Her heartbeat picked up as Brian sighed sitting up from the couch and sat in front of her.

“What have you been thinking about?” She muttered staring into him as he knelt in front of her.

“Us mostly.” He reached for her hand and took it into his.

“Us?” She panicked. “What about us?”

Her eyes bugged out of her head as she looked at the man she loved, she knew at some point he would probably lose all interest in her, but she didn’t think it would happen tonight. She licked her lips keeping her hands in his, hoping she didn’t have to let go just yet.

“I’ve been thinking about it a lot.” He started. “And we’ve been dating for a long time.”

Angel nodded smiling as she thought about the good times, knowing that this was probably the end of the road.

“I think it’s time we take things to the next level.” He murmured pulling something from his pocket.

“Brian…” She trailed off watching him as he adjusted himself. He popped open the box in his hand and took a deep breath.
“Angel.” He paused. “Will you marry me?”

Her jaw dropped, she had expected him to break up with her, but this….it was just so much better than she had imagined.

“What?” She muttered.

“Will you marry me?” He swallowed hard he looked at her completely terrified when she hadn’t answered. His eyes bore into hers waiting for the answer.

“Yes!” She shouted realizing she hadn’t answered him.

“Oh thank God, you scared the shit out of me.” He breathed embracing her, before pushing the ring on to her finger.

“Did you really think I would say no?” She smiled as he brushed his lips against hers.

“No but you looked terrified.” He laughed. “What did you think I was going to say?”

“I thought you would break up with me.” She admitted softly.

“I would never do that Angel baby, you’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” He breathed. “Besides, I think everyone knows. Zacky already plastered a ‘Just married’ sign on the back of my new car.”

“WHAT?” Angel laughed incredulously, considering she saw the very thing earlier today.

“Yeah.” He smirked taking her hand. “Come here.”

He stood up and led her outside to his new SUV, and when she got to the back of the vehicle she blushed and jumped on him wrapping her arms around his neck. It was in fact the same sign she had seen earlier.

“That’s amazing.” She breathed before smashing her lips to his.

She didn’t feel the need to tell him about what had happened earlier, but it was a literal sign of how happy she was right now, she pecked him on the lips still giggling.

“I love you Angel.” He ran his hands through her hair and smiled down at her.

“I love you too Bri.” She smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah this is for you Angelface, cause I loves you.