Status: for a contest

I Kept Pulling My Heart Back Together for You, but Now You're Finally Picking Up the Pieces

My name is Annie and - don't laugh - I'm a guy. And no, I don't have a vagina or boobs. I'm completely male, cock and all - unless I have this whole biology thing wrong... Anyway, I have a best friend. His name is Danny (technically Daniel, but he hates his full name for some odd, unknown reason). Danny's great. He's one of those guys who were always really wise with their choices, even when they were young. Whether it was from choosing friends to spreading the right rumors or helping out a teacher to dissing the principle. Danny was all-in-all a really nice guy, But here's the catch - I'm gay. He knows this, but what he doesn't realize - or refuses to see - is that I'm in love with him.

I've tried so many times through out the years to tell him, but I never got the chance. Whether I coward out or he suddenly changed the subject. Many attempts later I got the feeling he was trying to avoid the conversation. And, yeah, it hurt.

But that's just a graze from the bullet. What really hurt was all his relationships with homophobic girls. Those right there were his unrealized mistakes, bad choices, that made me grow to hate him. How could he not see how much his actions affected me? And if he did, why didn't he stop?

We're grown adults now, just happening to be living in the same apartment compound and going to the same college. He learning to be an English teacher and I as a musician. (I play the guitar, Saxophone, Trumpet, Piano, etc etc). And what really sucks is that I'm still in love with the bastard.Never had I ever thought I'd be in this sort of situation.

LINK TO CONTEST: Slash Quote Contest]
  1. chapter one
    The Way You look at me can make me do anything
  2. Chapter Two
    The Heart Is the strongest emotion in your soul, so why is mine always getting broken?
  3. Chapter Three
    Love lasts forever, but being in love isn't something you can hold onto.