Everyone Loves an Underdog!

Chapter Nine; I Guess the Only Thing Cheap to You

“No, wiL, you can’t kill him.” Taylor said, doing her best to laugh.
“Yes, I can. Why the fuck would he-“
“I’m not good enough.” She said simply.
“Bullshit! I would date you!”
Sharnee, who had been quietly standing with an arm over Taylor’s shoulder, exclaimed “wiL!” & he quickly added “If I didn’t already have my darling Sharnee, who I am hopelessly devoted to & will have my babies.”
Sharnee nodded, & Taylor laughed. “So… What do you guys want… To… Do?” She asked, taking deep breaths.
“Well,” wiL said, as Sharnee nodded toward the door, “I need to go… take out my fish. Bye.” & he dashed out of the door.
“Fuckfuckfuckfuck!” Taylor muttered, flopping down onto a couch.
“Hey, its okay…” Sharnee said consolingly. “He was an ass anyways.”
Taylor stared at her.
“Not working? Okay… You could do so much better!”
Taylor laughed, & used her hoodie sleeve to dry her tears. “Yeah, you’re right, I don’t need him.”
-next day-
“I want him back.” Taylor whispered to Red as Brandon walked down the hall with his new girlfriend, carefully not looking at Taylor.
“No, you don’t. C’mon, you’re single again now! Play the field!” Red said, laughing.
“Hey kids,” wiL said as he walked over, smiling at them.
“Well, what’s got you so happy?” Tahnee asked, as he jumped on the spot.
“My band is getting back together in a month!”
Chrissy laughed. “Oh, awesome!”
Since wiL had gotten kicked out of school, his parents had grounded him till the end of the school year from band practices. Since there was less than a month of school left, his band, Aiden, should be up and going again.
Some girls passed them, & openly laughed. It seemed the whole school, save for Taylor & friends, had known that Brandon had been cheating on her since they had started going out.
“Thank god this day is almost over.” Taylor muttered to Frank, who was walking Red and Taylor (mostly Red) to French.
“But, don’t you have French with Brandon?” He asked, frowning slightly.
“I’ll just have to ignore him.” Taylor said coolly.
They stepped into the French classroom, & people stared as they moved through the desks to their seats.
They sat down, Brandon not looking up from his translations they had been assigned to do.
Taylor & Red began to quietly talk about wiL’s band, & what they might sound like, until they were called to order.
-Last day of school-
After the hour of school they had had, they were finally done grade 9.
Taylor, Red, Frank, Chrissy, Andy, Tahnee, George, Sharnee, & wiL were sitting under the large tree outside Sharnee’s house, celebrating their freedom.
“So, out first practice is later! Do you guys want to come?” wiL said, grinning.
“YES!” Everyone shouted.
wiL grinned. “Awesome. Paper, anyone?”
Red reached into her schoolbag, which she still had, & pulled out a lined notebook and a pen.
wiL drew two sets of directions, & ripped them out. He handed one to Andy, & one to George. (they were the only ones who had their license) “These are to my friends place,” He said. “We’re gonna start at 7. Holy shit, this is gonna own!”