Status: Working on it.

SCANDALOUS

Start today.

I sighed, shutting my book. For the first time in two months, I was going to visit my best friends again. My trip to Paris was over, now it was time to head back to school, hit the books all over again. Oh joy. I had been in Paris studying, although I did get to see some of the wonders it held.

Now, I was coming back with a new language and some pictures. The Eiffel Tower was a sight to see. I checked my phone, a black Samsung Reality, for the third time. A text from Jenna telling me to come over to her house was the only thing new, although I'd recieved it when I first boarded the plane. The plane was now landing, I heard over the intercom, and grabbed my carry on bag that was resting in the empty seat beside me.

I shoved my phone and book inside, pulling it over my shoulder, and felt my stomach fill with butterflies as soon as we landed. Getting off the plane was fast, the crowd weaving in and out of each other, and I looked around for a moment. My parents were there waiting for me, looking delighted with my return. I guess I felt that way as well, but I still missed my friends. It had been hard having to seperate for the time that we did, and I wanted to spend every waking moment with them now.

We walked out to the car, with my mother chattering like crazy. She told me she'd planned for us to go back to school shopping, and I just nodded politely, although I wanted to go with my friends instead. The car wasn't anything special, an SUV, and dad took it upon himself to do the driving. I sat in the back, as my mother finally stopped talking.

"Well, I've been going on and on about us, but we'd like to know about you. Right honey?" She inquired, her blue eyes resting on me. Dad murmured something without looking back, which I was sure was an affirmative sound.

"Well, it wasn't that great, really," I blushed, embarrassed. I blush a lot. "I saw the Eiffel Tower," I added in as an after thought. She nodded eagerly, egging me to go on. "I saw the Louvre and the Notre Dame Cathedral. Did you know at the top of the cathedral is a beautiful view of Paris? The history that the Louvre holds is remarkable," that was pretty much all that happened, and I tried to emphasize it. I really hadn't done much because of my studies. But of course, studying is a terribly boring thing to say, so I guess the little trip I made would do.

She smiled, pleased with my answer, and turned around, rattling off about all the stores we should go to. I sat back, looking miserably at my phone. I love my mother to death, but sometimes she could just talk for hours. I think if she'd gone to Paris, she'd have done 99% shopping, and 1% bragging about it on the phone to all her friends. Studying would be the rushed, last minute thing she'd do.

The car ride was for a good twenty to thirty minutes, with mostly her talking and my dad interjecting at the right places. It was like I was invisible, sitting there in the backseat, which I guess was better than be bombarded with questions. I'm not much of a speaker. My phone vibrated again, and I grasped it quickly, eager for any little update. Annabelle had texted me to ask me if I'd landed yet. I smiled, texting her back a yes. I'd want to hurry over as soon as possible, now that I'm sure that they're together. Annabelle wouldn't bother texting if they weren't.

We were out of the car and I rushed into the house, letting my dad take my bags inside. I, an organized thinker, had set myself a sleepover back before I even boarded to go to Paris two months ago. I picked up the bag and ran out the door, almost crashing into my dad.

"Whoa, slow down, Nicole! What's the rush?" Of course he'd forgotten about the sleepover.

"Uh, dad, I'm going over to Jenna's, remember?" I replied and his face lit up.

"Oh yeah, that's right. Well, I think you should unpack first. Besides, your mother will want to drive you." Okay, something must be up if she's driving. She hates to drive, not that I was complaining, she was a lousy driver. I nodded, helping him carry my bags to my room.

My room was pretty average, the walls were pink with a white stripe halfway between it and beige covering the upper half and ceiling. My bedside table, dresser, and vanity table were all white, and my bed was white with pink covers. A simple girl's room, really. Unpacking was harder than packing, since I felt the need to move things around. But after about fifteen minutes, I'd finished unpacking and hurried downstairs.

"Hey mom, I'm ready!" I called out to her, and she nodded, grabbing the keys. I slid into the passenger seat, clicking my seatbelt. She followed suit, moving out of our driveway and towards Jenna's house.

"You know, Nicole, I really think we should get a jumpstart on that shopping trip I planned," She finally said and I looked out of the window.

"Well, I do want to visit my friends," I hesitated and she nodded, looking away from me. What was she playing at?

"I understand, I'd want to see my friends, too, if I were you. But I still don't think you should be hanging out with those girls..." Ah, so that's what this was about.

"Mother, I like my friends. I don't need any others." Ever since the start of last term, she'd been convinced I needed new posh friends. My friends apparently didn't cut it. She sighed, disappointed.

"Yes, well, I know you do, but Cindi and Carolina are such nice girls, if only you'd give them chance..." She trailed off with her ramblings and I mentally sighed. They were too snobby for my tastes, and I don't think they like me much. They think I'm too shy. I'm sorry I don't parade around in mini skirts and order people around all day. Why do I sound so much tougher in my mind? I'd never admit that to them out loud! "...so you see, you should open your eyes to new prospects." She was done, and we were here.

I forced a smile and lied, "you know what? I might give them a chance, thanks Mother. I'll see you later." I grabbed my bag and walked out of the car, feeling her eyes on my back. It was uncomfortable and I made sure not to squirm. I knocked on the door and I beamed as it swung open.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! Comments wanted. The first chapter wasn't quite the way I expected it'd turn out, but eh, I'm not complaining. :]
-Ange.
<3