Status: Sorry!My computer's internet connection was fried, but now I'm back.Love yas!

Surviving the Apocalypse...and Each Other.

I think we're walking.

My head.
My head.
It feels really fucked up.
"Ow."I said as I looked around.Ryan, to my left, was completely unconscious and a steady flow stream of blood on his head pointed to a deep gash on his forehead."Ryan, ow.Ryan get up."I shook him, my head feeling like a retarted mini terrorist went suicidal in my head.
"What's going on?Shit."Ryan mumbled as he felt his head.I looked behind my seat and saw Ivan slumping forward in his seat; Anna had her head tilting back in a quiet doze; Holly's seat was empty; and Jay was drooling, his head rested against the window in a drunken fashion.Where the hell could Holly have gone to?
"We need to get out."Ryan said, shaking my shoulder.I swatted it away.
"Don't touch me.ANNA!JAY!IVAN, HAUL YOUR ASSES OFF THE SEATS!WE'RE SCREWED AS OF OUR RIDE!"I said,If you haven't gathered it, I lose me aire of business persona as soon as I'm out of those bloody cubicles.
"Ah, Ash?You're yelling's hurting my head more."Ryan said, wincing and holding his head. Normally, I would have snapped at him, hands down; but I know what he's feeling.
Miniture terrorists.
Miniture terrorists.
"Sorry.Come, on, seriously guys."I said when they were slow to stir.
SLAM!
I looked to see the hood was down ( I had failed to notice it was up) and Holly was walking toward us.
"Okay, guys. Good news first or bad news?"
"Bad news, hun."Anna said.
"The truck's trashed and we can't take our supplies with us, as they'll hold us down.Good news?"We all nodded.
"We're in Midland, Texas."She said with a grin.
"What the hell's so good about Midland?"Jay asked pissily.
"This is small town Texas, people.These people love guns and don't give a shit about 'new laws' and shit."She said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world."Are you people from Texas or what?"
"YAA!"We shouted.Ryan raised his hand.
"Actually, I'm from Florida."He said.
"Kay.ARE YOU PEOPLE FROM THE SOUTH?!"Holly asked.
"HELL YA"Ryan.
YA, BABY!"Jay.
"YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!"Anna.
"Yes."Ivan.
"LEMME HEAR YOU?"
"HELL YA!"WE ALL YELLED.
"OW!"Ryan yelled, voicing my feeling.
"We should eat.Use our supplies, ya know?"I suggested.
"Good idea."Jay encouraged.
"Hold up people.We need to work out a plan.We need to make these supplies last.Pack light, essential things.And hurry up.We need to get weapons and find a place to sleep." Ivan ordered authoratively.We each obeyed.I filled my backpack with first aid supplies (Neosporin, casts, bandaids, etc.,), a pocket knife, and Tylenol.Which, by the way, I took one pill out of.My stomach was quick to remind me that acetomenophen did not classify as one of the main food groups.I picked a package of dried 'TACO', as the package called it.I sat down and dug in.Ryan sat next to me.As I began to leave, he tugged at my wrist.
"Just, hear me out, okay?"He asked pleadingly.
"I'd like to keep my-"I noticed his head was still bleeding."We need to patch you up, man."I said.I dug through my supplies and pulled out Neosporin, a bandaid, and some disinfecting wipes.I wiped his forehead first, feeling both satisfied and hurt too when he winced at the alcohol's sting.I followed through with the Neosporin and bandaid.We stayed silent throughout.I packed up my things and walked off.I guess what he had to say wasn't that important.
AS IF I would have listened...pffft.
"Hey Ashley!We're going exploring around the neighborhood for supplies.Wanna come with me, hun?"Anna asked.'Hun' is starting to lose it's charm.
"Ya."I said blankly and we all walked off to the town, which thank heavens was only, like, fifty feet away from where we crashed.
Wow.
Now that I think about it, we were THIS close!
SO
FUCKING
CLOSE!
"What exactly are we here for exactly?"Ryan asked in a pissy tone.Hey, he repeated himself!
~Life lesson #2:
My life is one continuous blonde moment.Only with zombies.~
"Weapons, primarily.Try to get something like metal baseball bats, axes, frying pans, the works.Melee, if you will.Pills too, if you can.No crack or weed or anything.I've spent my entire life working with druggies and I don't wanna have to fuck with you now."I blankly walked off and scavenged, breaking doors, breaking windows....Damn, if it weren't for the zombies, I could get used to life like this.And if it weren't for Ryan.I soooooo do NOT care about him. Back to my thought.No cops, no bills, no 'Can you hold?', none of that shit.And as I picked up a metal baseball bat, I said to myself,
'No more shit.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, sorry for sucking and writing short chapters.I just want to take a brief period of time to acknowledge those who commented on my story from the bottom going up:
Nettlestar - love ya, Viv.
rumblerawr - much thanks!
HailToThePumpkinSong - thanks so much, and your name is awesome.LOVE THE NIGHMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS!
and last but certainly none of you are least: Eduardo Rock - thank you too!
Thanks to all of you, and I'll try tp update again soon!