Status: Complete!

Nothing in This World Can Compare to You

Damon

“Where’s mom? She was meant to be here an hour ago,” Sam whined.

“Babe, you’re 25 today, stop acting like a child,” Misty teased.

Yes, today is Sam’s birthday, the 24th of October, 3 days before Dylan's. It’s true that mom was meant to be over here with us at Sam and Misty’s house, because we’re all going out to dinner. Nate’s meeting us there, seeing as he is my boyfriend again now, and he’s picking up the cake (hence why he’s arriving later). Mom’s been acting weird lately. Like, really weird. I went back to work a few days after Nate and I got back together, because he went back to work too and I didn’t want to be alone all day, but I’ve barely seen her around the office. And when I have seen her, she has some stupid goofy smile on her face, which is really strange. And she’s cancelled lunch with me, Misty and Sam on different occasions over these three weeks of October, which she never does. AND she’s late now, which she never does either.

Something’s going on.

“Yeah daddy, don’t be silly,” Lily babbled, giggling at the end.

Sam’s pout lessened at his daughter’s adorable laugh, but he still didn't relax fully.

“We could always go see if she’s alright?” I suggested.

“That’s not a bad idea,” Misty grinned.

“It’s my birthday, not hers,” Sam grumbled.

“Sam,” Misty warned, raising an eyebrow.

“Come on then, let’s go pick her up,” Sam sighed dramatically.

“Alright,” I nodded, standing up off the sofa.

“Hurry up though, babe. We can’t miss the reservation,” Misty smiled, picking up Lily.

“Misty, we’ve got, like, an hour,” I snorted, rolling my eyes.

Sam chuckled and kissed Lily’s forehead and Misty’s cheek before the two of us left the house.

“Why do you think mom’s late?” I asked my older brother as I got into his car.

“Eh, she was probably working late last night and overslept,” Sam shrugged, starting the engine.

“That sounds like her,” I laughed.

We drove along pretty casually, just listening to The Kinks, not really rushing. We do have an hour to go before the reservation after all. Sam parked directly in front of the mom’s house when we got there, and I smiled when I saw mom’s car sitting there on the driveway. She probably just fell asleep in her study again. She does that a lot. We got out in silent and walked up the drive. Sam reached out and tried to turn the door handle when we reached it, but it wouldn’t move. That ‘s weird, mom always leaves her front door open if she’s in…

“Good thing I made a spare key, huh?” Sam grinned, fishing it out his pocket.

“What the fuck?” I chuckled.

“Eh, I don’t like mom living on her own all the time. It makes me feel better that if she needs me, or you, for anything then I can get in,” Sam shrugged, opening the door.

No noise. Weird. I started walking towards the kitchen, in case she was making coffee. She drinks a lot of coffee. But when I got there, I froze in my tracks, Sam doing the same when he saw what I saw. I-I can’t believe it! Right in front of our eyes, in the middle of the kitchen, our mom was making out with some random guy. What the fuck?!

“Mom, what the fuck?!” Sam yelled.

Well I guess someone had to say it. Our mom pushed the guy off her, eyes wide and cheeks blushing. Oh gross. I took this time to take a look at the man our mom had been fornicating with. Roughly 5ft10, broad shoulders, short dark hair, blue eyes and just the right amount of stubble. Ruggedly handsome, I’d say. But what the fuck?!

“Sam, Ash, I wasn’t expecting you,” my mom said with a weak smile.

“It’s my birthday mom, and you were meant to be at my house over an hour ago,” Sam growled.

Mom’s cheeks flushed even more as her eyes widened. Fucking hell.

“Uh, I should probably go,” the man said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck.

I glared at him, squaring my shoulders. Being 5ft 6 and a half doesn’t make me particularly menacing, but I think all my tattoos help a little bit.

“Who are you?” Sam asked angrily.

“Boys, um, this is someone I’ve been wanting you to meet for a little while now,” my mom started.

No, don’t say it. Don’t say it!

“Sam, Ash, this is my boyfriend Damon. Damon, these are my sons,” mom introduced nervously.

“I’ve heard so much about you two, it’s great to finally meet you,” ‘Damon’ said warmly, holding out his hand.

Sam just sneered and walked out of the kitchen. My mom looked at me desperately, but I just shook my head. I can’t do this.

“What about dad?” I whispered.

I turned around and followed Sam out the house, my fists clenched in anger. Who does that guy think he is trying to replace our dad? Stupid asshole. Sam was already sitting in his car when I got in, and as soon as the door was shut he screamed off down the road. We stayed silent all the drive to his and Misty’s house, staying silent and seated as Sam cut the engine.

“What are we going to do?” I asked softly.

“I don’t know,” Sam muttered.

A few more seconds of silence passed before Sam got out and slammed the door shut. Fuck, he really is pissed. I got out too, letting Sam lock the door before we walked into his house. We were greeted by a furious looking Misty. What?

“Lily, go upstairs and play in your room,” Misty cooed.

“Okay, mommy,” Lily smiled toothily.

Misty waited until Lily had skipped all the way up to her room before turning to face us.

“Sit. Both of you,” she said sharply.

“I’m not in the mood for your bullshit right now Misty,” Sam muttered.

“I said sit,” Misty said through gritted teeth.

Sam and I shared a look of surprise before sitting down on the sofa. Misty never gets angry like this. Ever.

“Want to explain why Dawn had to call her daughter-in-law in tears because of her sons?” Misty said as calmly as possibly.

“She’s fucking a random guy!” Sam spat, scowling.

“So?” Misty scoffed.

“No-one can replace our dad. No-one,” I growled, clenching my fists.

“Who said he was trying to replace your dad?” Misty replied, hand on hip.

“He’s fucking our mom! That clearly says he’s trying to replace dad!” I exasperated.

Misty sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose lightly.

“Don’t you think your mom’s just lonely?” Misty said softly.

“Why would she be lonely? She’s got us!” Sam defended.

“Really Sam? Has she really? You have a wife and a young child as well as a hectic job, and Ash has Nate again as well as his own job – do you really have time? Your mom needs someone to watch bad movies with, to eat take-out with, to watch the sunrise with – and as much as you don’t want to hear it, she needs someone to intimately love her,” Misty said firmly.

“Eww!” Sam and I chorused, grimacing.

“Guys, come on! Grow up!” Misty said angrily.

“We don’t want a random guy coming out of nowhere and breaking her heart,” I scowled, my voice raising.

“She doesn’t need anyone,” Sam added, his voice even louder than mine.

“Can you two just grow up? Dawn was fucking crying down the phone to me because you two are too selfish to let her be happy!” Misty shouted.

“Mommy?”

We looked over to the stairs to see Lily watching us through the railings. Shit.

“Not now Lily!” Misty said shrilly.

“Why are you shouting at daddy?” Lily asked, frowning.

Misty glared slightly at my brother before turning back to their daughter.

“Daddy and Uncle Ash made Grandma Dawn cry, and Mommy’s telling them off for it,” Misty said with a sweet smile.

“Gwandma Dawn cry? Bad Daddy! Bad Uncwe Ash!” Lily said crossly, shaking her finger at us.

I bit back my laugh. It wouldn’t have been appropriate.

“Thank you Lily. Can you go back to your room now?” Misty pleaded.

“Yes mommy,” Lily grinned, before running back upstairs.

“That doesn’t change anything,” Sam said through gritted teeth.

“Why do you have to be so pig-headed?! Can’t you try to look at it from your mom’s point of view?” Misty squealed angrily.

Sam and I looked at each other.

“No,” we shrugged.

“God damn it, wouldn’t your dad want her to be happy rather than alone?!” Misty shrieked.

“Don’t you dare,” Sam growled.

“I’m serious. He’s been gone for over 10 years Sam, Ash, and you know your mom’s been miserable. She needs someone to hold her in his arms like your dad used to. He’s not going to replace your dad. Hell, everyone knows Carl Barton can never be replaced. You don’t even have to like the guy, but can’t you accept that your mom does? She’s never going to forget your dad, you know that. Maybe you should try thinking about what your mom wants,” Misty said seriously.

Sam and I both clenched our fists and looked down at the floor. We both knew that what Misty said made sense, but we’re both too stubborn to admit it. I know mom gets lonely, but I don’t want her to forget dad. Ever.

“Can’t you just give him a chance?” Misty pleaded softly, kneeling down in front of us.

I could feel my resolve crumbling. Damn it.

“If I have to,” I muttered.

Misty grinned and moved directly in front of Sam, taking both his hands in hers.

“Sam, please. For your mom,” Misty murmured.

“I will never like him,” Sam said angrily, “but I will be civil. For mom,”

“Great! I’ll call her back,” Misty said happily, jumping to her feet.

“He’s not coming to my birthday meal,” Sam said firmly.

“I wouldn’t think he’d want to after how you two treated him,” Misty teased.

As she disappeared into the kitchen, Sam turned to look at me.

“Is this really happening?” he groaned.

“I think it is,” I nodded, running my fingers through my hair.

I guess we’ll just have to see what this ‘Damon’ guy is like, won’t we? I can’t imagine that meeting him again is going to be fun at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Damon

The drama isn't finished yet, I promise you.
Maybe...6 more chapters?
And how would you guys feel about me doing another original slash after I finish this? Please let me know what you think of the idea?

Comments?
xo