The Truth is a Lie Away

Chapter 7

‘Minifi, darling its time to get up’
‘Huh? What’s that noise?’


I hear a strange familiar, yet unrecognizable voice become known in my head. Though as I try to find a source of it, all I see is white. It’s as if I’ve awoken in a white obis with no way out.

‘Come on Mini, you need to come down here’
‘Wait, what?’


Before I know it I’m falling. Falling down through the obis. I still have no idea where I am or who was talking before. Soon as I start to see thing. Small black fuzzy things moving past me as I fall. There unclear but I can make out small details, but they still don’t make the picture add up.

I start to hear more voices. Loud, clear and coming from the small black spots.

‘Minifi, hey Minifi’
‘Hey Minifi its time to get up’


I remember something and the picture becomes clear. I realize what the black things are. There memories. Distorted memories, but memories none the less. The memories are from this afternoon. When Michael woke me up, to tell me school was over and we were free to go and do as we wish.

Though as I look at the memory, it doesn’t continue on to what happened next. No, it rewinds and repeats what had just been played. It was as if was a broken record, forever stuck to repeat that one part for eternity. Before I get a chance to try to even think of a way to fix it, more voices and events become visible. Yet there all fuzzy to begin with until I hear the voices attached to them. Once heard the memory becomes clear.

‘Minifi, what do you have planned after school?’

I remember the memory from today’s recess at the hell hole.

‘Nathan, his only going to use you, then throws you aside’
‘Oh, and you have proof of this?’
‘What? Well, I mean, no’
‘Then you can’t prove anything, stop making up things’
‘Just because he loves you, you stay with him?’
‘Well at least dad keeps his word, unlike someone I know’


I remember the argument that Michael and Nathan had while we were at the tree.

‘Hey April it’s me...again’

I remembered talking to April’s grave at the park. I remembered everything. Nothing was left fuzzy or half done. No it was all bright, coloured and clear. I was no longer falling in the white obis; no I was now falling through memories. Memories of today.

Then I hear it. That voice again. Though this time, I knew who it was.

‘Minifi stop day dreaming and wake up’

I know the voice. I’ve always known who the voice belonged to, I just didn’t want to say their name. The one person I hated the most. No emotion in it, it was all fake. Nothing said by that voice was true, truth or real. It was all messed up. Made up. The voice was all lies and untold despair. Yet I needed it. It was the once voice that was always there. When I needed it, and even when I didn’t.

‘Minifi, darling com to...’

I awoke with a scream. Sweat dripping down my face mixed with my own tears. I look around the room and see that I'm in my room. At the orphanage, the place I now call home. Puffing I reach for my throat and croak out the person who has been haunting me.

The person whose been haunting me for the past few years. I had thought they were gone for good, but obviously I was wrong. Again. As long as the other one doesn’t follow I should be alright, but now it was getting out of hand. This time they had taken it too far.

“Mother”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Enjoy and Comment
thank you *bows*