Shallow Believer

001

Bert stared at the bar stool in front of his face; he was piss drunk and on the ground of some bar in Los Angles. It was the choke of self loathing that brought him off the ground and pushed him towards the bathroom. He wasn't sure how much he'd had to drink, but enough to make him hurl it all up into the toilet. Bert pushed himself up from the toilet and tipped towards the sinks, washing off his face and rinsing the foul taste out of his mouth.

There was only one other person he knew in Los Angles that would still talk to him from time to time. Gerard Way, his ex-boyfriend. Bert hastily got out his cellphone and called him.
"Gee," he begged, "Can you come pick me up?" Bert heard him sigh and begin to protest, but after more begging he got Gerard to agree to pick him up.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I don't why I keep doing this, Bert," Gerard groaned and pointed towards the couch.
Bert shrugged, stumping his cigarette out and flopped down on the couch.
"Tell me again, why can't you go sleep at your own apartment?" Gerard didn't sound happy, he stood in front of Bert with his arms crossed, waiting for a good answer.
"Because they're not turning my heat back on until tomorrow, so thanks for letting me crash here, babe."
"Do you want something to eat?" Gerard offered.
"No," Bert shook his head and curled up with a blanket on the couch. "Goodnight, Gee."