Shallow Believer

015

Bert’s addiction started creeping over him again, and he knew Gerard wouldn’t want to watch him pound down the beer that was in the fridge. He gently detached himself from Gerard, giving him a kiss on the cheek. “I gotta go run some errands,” Bert lied. By running errands, he was actually going to the bar. “It’ll just be a coupl’a hours,” he added and slowly slipped out of the bed and got dressed.

Gerard sat up, letting him go. At least he could clean the apartment while he was gone. The place was a mess. Beer cans and spilt ash trays everywhere. He was unaware that Bert was at the bar, wasting his money on booze when he needed it to pay the rent and the heating bill.

Bert sat at the bar stool, hovering over the edge of another empty shot. Giggles sporadically came from his mouth; he was happy. He had Gerard back and he had consumed three shots so far, with another one on the way. He took the glass encased alcohol and tilted it into his mouth. He looked around, humming along to the music that was playing on the jukebox. With a five dollar bill in hand, he went over to it and flipped through the songs. Feeding his money into it, he picked out a Misfits song, a AC/DC song, a Britney Spears song and a Earth, Wind and Fire song just for shits and giggles.

“Nice choice,” some man was hovering around Bert, looking at the music he had just told the machine to play. Without another warning, the man leaned in and kissed Bert, roughly; and without thinking, Bert kissed him back. Bert stumbled away, wide-eyed and he scrambled to dig his phone out of his pocket. He went back to the bar, paid the tab with a hazy mind and waited for Gerard to pick up his phone.

“C-can you come get me, please?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Blahh, sorry this took awhile.
It's been like 500 degrees here and I've had driver's ed.
xo