Shallow Believer

017

Bert watched in agony as Gerard’s face fell. Bert shifted uncomfortably, staring at the ground.
“Y-you what?” Gerard put his hand up in front of Bert’s face, he didn’t want to hear those words coming out of his mouth again. Gerard pointed to the car, “Get in,” he growled. Bert solemnly nodded, ducking into Gerard’s beat up Trans Am. “I knew this would happen.”
Bert shook his head, “It was an accident, baby.”

Gerard let out a small laugh, accented with a sarcastic eye roll, “Right, an accident.”
Bert leaned back in the passenger seat. He stared out the window, “Isn’t your house the other way?” He said absentmindedly.
“I’m taking you back to your apartment,” Gerard answered.
Bert shifted uncomfortably, “But-” his voice got caught in his throat. He stared up as Gerard pulled up to his apartment building, Bert didn’t budge from the warmth of Gerard’s car.
“Please, get out.” Gerard sounded desperate. He’d been cheated on, and what if it was more than a kiss? Bert had lied to him before.

Bert picked himself up, “Fine,” he growled and got out of the car, slamming the door harshly before stalking up into his apartment. He felt sick. Bert felt sick of himself, he was an asshole for doing that to Gerard. His stomach churned with alcohol and self loathing. He disappeared into his bathroom, grabbing his toothbrush and pushing the end into his gag reflex and let everything vomit into the toilet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is really short. I haven't been feeling well and I'm going through a bad breakup.