Shallow Believer

020

Bert regretted jumping out of that plane about half way down, but he was sandwiched between two dudes, so nothing could go too wrong. He latched onto Gerard with his hands wrapped around his tummy. (Gerard decided he wanted to pull the string to open the parachute, so he was at the front.)

Suddenly the wind stopped rushing around Bert's ears, and everything went quiet. "Okay guys!" Said the instructor, starting to unstrap himself from the two guys. "You two are good to go. Make a running motion when you're approaching the ground. See you at the bottom!" He drifted away, leaving the two men alone.

"Wow. Bert, I'm not really one for heights but look at this!" Bert unburied himself from the back of Gerard's jacket and looked around. "Wow! It's so pretty!' He grinned, like a teenage girl. They floated down slowly... the awkward silence drowning them. Then Bert decided he'd pluck up a conversation. Or at least try...

"Gerard... I'm sorry for doing what I did at that club. I wasn't sober... it was stupid. I was stupid! Please take me back?" There was a short silence, all you could hear was cars going by down below. It was a strange feeling for the two.
"I can't be sure I can trust you." Gerard said.
"Gee! You can I promise. I'll be good, I will." He started sounding like a kid that'd just been grounded. But it was ten times more worse than that.
The silence flooded in again. Bert just wanted all the things attaching him to Gerard to break. He didn't know what to say, Gerard knew he was hurting him. "Okay." Short and sweet."I've missed you. I'll come to yours tomorrow with the car. We'll bring your stuff back to mine."
Bert squeezed Gerard around the middle tight, and rested his head in the crook of Gerard's neck. "Thankyou Gee. I love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy hell. Homework overload... seriously. I am soo tired, been up all night trying to finish my hw and make time to update for you guys... so sorry if it's not all up to scratch. :/
Alsooo... my mother made me take out my stretcher :'(