Shallow Believer

005

Gerard sighed, turning towards him, "I can turn up the heat you know, and give you a few extra blankets?"
Bert shook his head, "N'aw, I don't want you to have you get up. Just go back to bed, Gerard."
Gerard tossed over in the bed, curling up away from Bert. Part of him wanted to curl right up with Bet; but the other part was slightly afraid of him. Gerard's fear was directed at the part of Bert that harmed himself by binge drinking, among other things. Bert did numerous things to harm himself while they were together and it scared him. Sometimes he was afraid Bert would even wake up in the morning.

"Bert?" Gerard whispered into the dark, staring ahead of him at the vast black and shadowy outlines of his bedroom.
"Mmhm?" Bert mumbled back, half asleep.
"Do you still--?"
"Go to bed," Bert whined, gently kicking Gerard's leg.
"But-" Gerard protested.
"Bedtime!" Bert insisted, shifting his position.
Gerard groaned, "Alright, alright. Goodnight, Bert."
"Nightie, night Gee-tard."

Gerard woke up the next morning, long before Bert did. He walked into the kitchen and fiddled with the coffee pot until it started to make some coffee. While he was waiting for the coffee to boil down he cleaned up the living room, picking up the mess Bert had made last night with the coffee and the couch. Bert came crawling out of the bedroom shortly after, rubbing his eyes and stumbling towards the coffee pot.
"So, do you think they've turned on your heat yet?" Gerard asked instantly, cradling the cup of coffee under his nose.
Bert shrugged, "I dunno, wanna go check with me? We could get some coffee at Starbucks or whatever," He suggested with a shrug.
Gerard pointed to the cup of coffee he already had in his hand, Bert scoffed.
"You'd kill for a cup of Starbucks any day, any time. That's a bullshit excuse. C'mon, please? My treat."
Gerard sighed, Bert was right. He loved his Starbucks. Gerard gave a hesitant nod.
"Yeah, sure. Lemme get dressed first."
Bert gave a small pout, "Aw, but you're so cute in your pajamas," He smirked as Gerard closed the bedroom door behind him and came back out wearing a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt.

"Come on Berty, lets go."
♠ ♠ ♠
:'D thanks for all the comments and support you guys.
<3 we love you!