Shallow Believer

007

Bert bounced on his toes, all that sugar he'd just consumed was making him hyper active; and, he was freezing his balls off. He unlocked the door to his apartment, jiggling open the handle and pushed on the sticky door and it popped open.
"Heat!" Bert grinned, they had finally fixed his fucking heater. He turned around, looking at Gerard who was awkwardly standing in the doorway. Bert motioned for him to come inside and hesitantly, Gerard did.
"Trash?" Gerard asked, shaking his empty coffee cup in the air. Bert nudged his head towards the connected kitchen, "By the fridge," he replied and flopped down on the couch. Bert looked at Gerard, who was still hovering by the door.
"Close that, will you? It's cold as balls, and I don't want the heat to get out." Gerard blinked, doing what Bert asked and closed the door. Bert sighed, patting the seat down beside him.
"You want something to drink?" Bert asked, jumping off the couch just as Gerard sat down. Bert wandered to the fridge, popping it open. "Bud Weiser okay?" Bert grabbed a couple of bottles and handed one to Gerard. Bert chugged his down, getting up for another one quickly after.

It was clear Bert was getting a little tipsy. Gerard was uncomfortable and awkwardly flipped through the channels on the television.
"You're so handsome, Gee," Bert slurred, waving around his half drunk, third bottle of beer. Gerard shifted in his seat and nodded, "Er, thanks, Bert."
"I mean it, mutha'fucker, you're handsome!" Bert rocked from side to side, trying to keep his balance but the alcohol was severely limiting that.
"Bert, you should lay off the beer," Gerard mumbled, keeping his eyes focused on the television.
"Maybe you should drink mo' beer, Gee! There's a whole ca-ase in the fridge," Bert let out a large belch and leaned back into the couch, tipping the rest of the beer into his mouth.
♠ ♠ ♠
:'D I finally updated.
I am so, so, so sorry about that. I've been so busy with school work that I haven't had time.
Sorry it's so short. It's almost summer, and I'll have updates galore!