Shallow Believer

008

Gerard slouched against the armrest of the side furthest away from Bert. Every now and again receiving drunk smirks from him linking to the funny things that were said on the TV. Gerard didn't know why he didn't just get up and leave there and then. He knew something was holding him back and if he did Bert would probably just bust a move there and then.

"Stay over tonight." Bert said, slamming his bottle of beer down on the table in front of them. It wasn't really a question, more of a statement. Gerard remembered last time he tried to think of an excuse, Bert had sussed him out on the spot.
"Okay." Gerard smiled. Maybe what Bert said before wasn't implying Bert was going to rape him. Maybe he was just being a friend. But this whole ex-boyfriend thing was really awkward, maybe it was the start of them being best friends again, or Gerard was just thinking way to cliché.
"Thanks Gee." Bert purred, scooting over to Gerard and resting his head on his shoulder. Then again, maybe it wouldn't be so bad if they dated again... he didn't mind really. But there was no way in hell Gerard was making the first move. 'Rejection' was one of Gerard's least favorite words. "Gerard? Can we go to bed? I'm tired and we can talk." Gerard hesitated but stood up.

"Where's your linen cupboard, please, Berty? I need some blankets or something." Gerard asked grinning.
"You don't need them. I don't have any anyway, what ever a linen cupboard is, it sounds way to organized for me. Sleep in my bed.Together." Gerard nodded. He thought so. Just trying on the safe side.
♠ ♠ ♠
Exams, exams, excuses excuses. :)

sorreh D: I tried to update yesterday but it like auto logged off as soon as I pressed submit. Bummmmmmmeeerrr...~