Status: I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING THIS!! I guess life happened and well... Hopefully I'll get back to this one day. And again, SORRY!

Fairy Tail

Chapter Twenty

Alex’s POV

“Alex, do you have anything to share with the group?” Mike said and smirked. “A hidden treasure or mistake maybe…”

I gave him a quick glare, but let a smile slip out at the same time.

“Sorry to disappoint you, but I’ve got nothing to hide.” I answered teasingly.

“Let’s see them then.” Eliot said and blinked.

“You’ve probably seen them already…” I said while pointing at the tattoo on my right wrist.
“This is not a secret code, just the birth date of my brothers.”

“Boring!” Mike said with sarcasm.

“Fuck you Mike.” I said and gave him a death glare, before turning my back towards them, showing off the tattoo on my left shoulder blade, depicting two drumsticks crossing each other in front of a banner with the words: “Little drummer girl”. “This one’s not that hard to figure out…”

“Over to Hayley…” Mike said, ignoring me completely while the others burst into laughter.

I turned around as I picked up an empty can from the table and threw it at him.

“I like them.” Eliot stated and gave me a warm smile.

My heart somersaulted. This time I’d really fallen for this boy.

“Well, I just have one so far…” she said and pointed at the pink razor on her right ankle. “On the Warped Tour a few years ago, if I wore shorts or if I wore my pants rolled up, someone by the end of the day would have written “Shave me” on my ankle. So I was like, ‘I’m going to have to get that tattooed so you guys won’t have to do it anymore and so I did.”

“I love it.” I said and laughed with the rest of the group.

“Hey guys.” I suddenly heard behind me.

Cass and Vince walked towards us, hand in hand and smiles covering their faces.

“If it isn’t the master of tattoos…” Park said teasingly. “You’re just in time…”

“Time for what..?” Vince asked as she sat down next to me, while Cassie took place opposite us.

“We’re talking tattoos.” I said and gave her a grin, together with a questioning look.

She gave me a quick nod and a mischievous smile, making me roll my eyes.

“And I’m supposed to be the master?” she then asked and turned to Park. “Have you showed them your back?”

“Vince… I’m not wearing a shirt.” Park pointed out.

“Oh… Never mind then.” Vince answered and blushed while we all burst into laughter.

“Turn around Park. I don’t think I’ve seen it…” Cassie said after calming down.

He did as he was told and showed his tattoo of the British flag with the words, “Anarchy in the UK” written across it, covering his back. It was a masterpiece.

“Cool…” Cassie stated.

“See, there’s your master.” Vince pointed out with sarcasm.

“Says the person who’s covered in tattoos…” I answered with my own sarcasm.

“I’m not covered… I only have like…” she began, while counting on her fingers. “Four…”

“I think you’re forge…”

“No Cass, I don’t.” she snapped before Cassie had time to finish.

I couldn’t keep myself from laughing and so did Park and Cass.

“I’m guessing we have our first mistake?” Mike asked curiously.

“No, we don’t.” Vince muttered and then quietly added. “And even if we had, it’s long gone by now…”

“I don’t think I’ve seen all of them…” Hayley said with a curious look.

“Those who have are no longer with us…” I said with a faked sadness.

“And you’re about to join them Alex.” Vince threatened.

“Well, show us all “four” of them then…” I said and rolled my eyes.

She gave me another glare, before letting out a sigh.

“Well, the big Buddha on my left arm is quite obvious…” she began, as she put her leg on the table and showed the kanji sign on her right ankle. “Love…”

She stood up and pulled down her pants an inch, showing off the women sign, attached with another women sign, just below her waist.

“Gay pride …” she pointed out, before bending down and showing us the black sun in her neck. “A tribute…kind of…”

“I really love your detailed explanations.” I said sarcastically and nudged her shoulder.

“I’ve always been good with details.” she said with a grin.

“Who’s the tribute for?” Hayley suddenly asked.

“A friend that passed away…” Vince answered blankly.

“I’m sorry…”

“Yeah…”

There was an awkward silence between all of us. I took Vince’s hand in mine, while Park and Cass gave her a look of concern.

“I’m just gonna…” Vince mumbled, letting go of my hand while standing up.

“Do you…” I began.

“I’m fine.” She answered, not very convincingly, before walking towards our bus.

I was about to follow her anyway, but Park gave me a look and shook his head, telling me to stay. With a sigh I sat down again, following Vince with my eyes as she disappeared inside the bus. There was another moment of silence between everyone. Nervously I started to tap my fingers on the table while glancing at our bus.

“I didn’t mean to…” Hayley almost whispered, breaking the thick silence.

“It’s not your fault.” Cassie said and put a hand on her shoulder. “It’s her past… Not her favourite subject, as you may have noticed.”

“Better just leave it…” Park added and gave her a look of compassion.

“That’s it.” I said, lost in my own thoughts, as I shot up from my seat. “I tried…”

“Tried what?” Mike asked.

“Leaving Vince alone… It doesn’t work that way. I don’t work that way.”

“Alex…” Park pleaded and gave me a firm look.

“No, Park, not this time. I’m off…” I said and walked towards the bus.

“I guess I’m not the only one who could need a little Vince and Alex time, huh?” I said as I walked into our little bunk area.

Vince shrugged her shoulders where she lied on her back in the top bunk.

“Oh, the enthusiasm…” I said sarcastically, while climbing up in her bunk.

I lifted her legs and put them in my lap as I sat down in the foot of the bed. She ignored me completely and continued to stare at the ceiling. I let out a sigh. As she continued with the silent treatment, I tickled her feet carefully, making her twitch and almost kick me.

“Alex…” she whined, trying to escape from my grip around her legs.

“Not until you start talking.” I teased and kept tickling her.

She began to shake uncontrollably, trying to hold in the laughter while twisting and turning in the bunk.

“Okay, okay.... I’ll talk…” she said between laughter.

I released her legs and gave her a smirk as I crossed my arms over my chest. She let out a sigh as she sat up, pulling up her knees and wrapping her arms around them. Biting her lip, she remained silent with her eyes on me.

“Okay, I’ll begin then…” I said and let out another sigh. “I like Eliot… A lot.”

I fingered on her quilt, keeping my eyes on the floor as I spoke. It was the first time I’d said it out loud.

“Well, what are you waiting for?”

I looked up from the floor and made eye contact with Vince, who was smiling at me.

“What do you mean?” I asked her, not knowing what she aimed for.

“Well, duh… It’s obvious that he likes you.”

“Really?”

“Alex… You’re always like this.” She pointed out and rolled her eyes. “You know, people can like you. I should know, right?”

The last sentence made me blush as I looked at her with wide eyes.

“Y-you what?” I mumbled.

“Oh, come on Alex. I know it didn’t work out in the end, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t have feelings for you.” She said and gave me one of her warm and sincere smiles.

“Well, we never really talked about it…” I said, sounding more annoyed than I’d first planned.
She looked a bit hurt at first, but then her face cracked up in a smile.

“You know me… Emotions and stuff isn’t really my thing.”

I rolled my eyes as I gave her a smile.

“Speaking of emotions…” I began, but got interrupted.

“Oh no, we’re still on the Eliot subject.” She said and pointed at me. “You should tell him.”
I sighed.

“Of course… You like me, I like you. We’re meant to be, so let’s hook up.” I said sarcastically.

“See, you got it.” She said and smirked.

“I guess you’re right…” I mumbled quietly, admitting defeat.

“I’m always right.” She said proudly while giving me another big smile.

“Sure you are…” I said and smiled back.

“You’re going to tell him then? I mean, if I am right…which I am…you won’t be disappointed.” She said, still smiling.

“Well, I can’t say I’m willing to trust you when it comes to reading people, but I guess it’s worth a try.” I said and gave her a teasing smile.

She tried to look hurt, which only made me laugh. The hurt turned to annoyance and I had to duck when she threw a pillow at me, which missed me by just an inch.

A moment of silence passed between us and we both knew what was next to come. I decided to go for it.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“The ceiling…” she answered and pointed upwards.

“Vince…”

Vince’s POV

“Vince…”

Her voice was firm, almost lecturing. I sighed.

“I don’t know Alex… I just have a lot on my mind right now.”

“Then why don’t you just tell me.”

“I-I…”

“We’ve known each other for about 3 years now, but I still don’t know why you moved to Brighton. And yes, I respect the fact that you don’t want to talk about it, but sometimes I can’t help to wonder why that is. Don’t you trust me?”

I could see how hurt she was and once again, I felt the bubbling guilt in my chest.
“Of course I trust you Alex. It’s just…”

“Then why can’t you tell me? I’m not going to judge you if that is what’s stopping you.”

I bit my lip. She had no idea how right she was.

“Okay, fine then…” she snapped after a moment of silence. “ Though I suggest you talk to Hayley. She’s blaming herself for making you run off like that…”

Without looking at me, she slid down from the bunk and walked over to the curtain before she stopped. A tear rolled down her cheek and the guilt hit me again, this time like a punch in the stomach.

“I’m sorry Alex…” I mumbled as I felt my own eyes tear up.

“You see… I don’t think you are.” She said and walked away, leaving me alone.

I wanted to scream, get her to come back. Come back so that I could tell her everything. She was my best friend, she deserved to know. Still, the selfishness and shame kept me from doing just that.

I pulled out my phone and opened a new text, focusing on something completely different; Hayley.

“Sorry for earlier, it wasn’t your fault. I’m just a bit off…” I wrote before pressing send.

A few minutes passed while I kept staring at the phone in my hand. As soon as I felt it vibrate, I opened the new message and read through it.

“It’s okay… U wanna talk ‘bout it?”

“Yes…” I thought, but instead I wrote. “I’ll manage… Thanks though.”

This time it only took a few seconds before my phone buzzed again.

“Sure, just let me know.”

I smiled as I wiped away a few tears that had escaped my eyes. I put the phone down next to me, as I picked up my sketchpad and a pencil. I caressed the black sun in my neck as I let out a deep sigh, before drawing the first lines. This time I just had one person in mind; Emma.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not much happening here, but I guess you need those kind of chapters too, huh?

At the time I'm thinking about making Friday into my official uploading-chapter-day, (even though it's already been Saturday for an hour here...) Well, just to let you know.

Thanks for the comments! They really make me happy :D

// Vince