Status: I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING THIS!! I guess life happened and well... Hopefully I'll get back to this one day. And again, SORRY!

Fairy Tail

Chapter Thirty

*a few hours later*

Vince’s POV

It was already around three in the morning and I was sitting on a lawn somewhere, not that far from our camp, well, at least I thought that was the case… I couldn’t really remember how I ended up here, but that was probably for the best. At the moment, there wasn’t a thing in the world that bothered me and I actually felt rather good.

“Thank you for that, Mr. Tequila.” I slurred and took another big gulp from the bottle in my hand.

To say that I was drunk would be an understatement. At the time I was heavily intoxicated from the alcohol, mixed with the painkillers I’d been given by the doctor earlier. Now that’s a killer combination…literally.... I was actually amazed about the fact that I wasn’t lying dead in the gutter somewhere and at the moment, I couldn’t even tell if I was grateful or not. Instead I figured there must be someone with a really dark sense of humour out there, since I was completely gone. Then again, that was exactly what I’d been aiming for in the first place.

I must have dozed off for a while. There was a noise of some sort and I winced. Groggily, I searched the area around me beginning to feel a bit uneasy. Though, I was alone. I figured it was just my mind playing tricks on me, which wasn’t that hard to believe, considering the situation.

A few more minutes past and I was about to drift away again when something caught my attention...well, actually more like giving me a minor heart attack.

“There you are!”

Hayley’s voice and man, did it startle me. I jerked and dropped the bottle as I let out a small shriek. She’d appeared out of nowhere and was now walking towards me, eyeing me down.

“We’ve been looking all over fo…” she began, though, when her eyes landed on the almost empty bottle next to me, she stopped. “Vince…?”

“I swear to drunk, I am not god.” I slurred, trying to hide the bottle behind my back.

“I thought you didn’t drink.” Hayley pointed out, while quickly snatching the bottle from me, holding it in front of my face.

“I don’t…” I mumbled, trying to get it back, but without success.

“So this isn’t drinking?” she asked while she emptied the bottle on the ground.

“If you put it that way…” I mumbled casually.

“Why, Vince?” she asked with a tiny ounce of concern in her voice.

I shrugged my shoulders, not really remembering the actual reason, more than the obvious wanting-to-forget part. Hayley let out a sigh as she sat down next to me. I leaned my head against her shoulder and closed my eyes, while her warm fingers stroke away some hair from my forehead.

“Well, there’s got to be a reason.” she said, trying to get me talking.

“I was thirsty.” I answered nonchalantly, not falling for her trap.

“God, you’re so stupid.” she snapped, pushing me away while standing up again. “You can’t just disappear like that. I’ve been so worried and then I find you here, completely wasted. I mean, what were you thinking? Seriously Vince…”

She managed to calm down after her little outburst, but still remained standing with a tilted head, looking at the night sky. I didn’t have an answer. I already knew she was right, so why even bother? Instead, I just said the first thing that came to mind.

“You were worried about me?”

She gave me a confused look. Though, after a few seconds, it finally got to her.

“We all were…” she mumbled quietly as I noticed a small blush on her cheeks.

“You know… You’re cute when you blush.” I said thoughtfully and tilted my head a bit.

“You’re drunk…” she muttered, though I could tell she was still blushing.

I shrugged my shoulders again, before lying down on my back and closing my eyes. I heard Hayley sigh from where she was standing.

“You’re not planning on going back, are you?”

“As you said, I’m drunk.”

“You know I can’t leave you here.”

“Mmm...” I let out, not really listening as I was about to drift off again.

“Vince…” she said pleading.

Groggily I opened my eyes and made an effort to sit up, but ended up on my back again. Hayley let out another sigh as she pulled me off the ground, letting me lean against her as she sat back down again.

“Please talk to me…” she said quietly.

“You know…” I whispered after a while, leaning my head against her shoulder. “I’ve always liked you.”

I felt Hayley stiffen next to me, but ignoring it, I continued.

“You’ve always been so kind to me and I don’t even deserve it.” I explained, turning my head to look at her.

“What are you on about this time?” she asked a bit confused, avoiding my gaze.

“I couldn’t even tell you about Cassie when we first met and I don’t even know why.” I said thoughtfully, before adding. “Well, I actually do know why, but I shouldn’t tell you that, because that would make me a bad…no…worse …girlfriend and since I’m already a bad friend… I’m not going to tell you.”

Finally she looked at me, but her expression surprised me. She looked amused as a smile spread across her face.

“What?” I asked confused.

“Nothing…” she answered, still smiling.

“I’m talking too much, aren’t I?” I asked her worriedly.

“Yes you are, but that’s not it.”

I looked at her with a pout, starting to feel impatient. Though, she remained silent. I sighed as my head slowly began to spin. Carefully, I put my head on Hayley’s shoulder again, while closing my eyes.

Hayley’s POV

I looked at Vince who was leaning her head on my shoulder. Her eyes were closed and her breathing slow. I could feel her chest rising up and down, resulting in a few small butterflies in my stomach. Carefully I caressed her cheek, making her flinch and mumble something inaudible. Quickly I withdrew my hand and waited, while redness took over my cheeks, but there was no further reaction. I let out a short sigh as a smile spread over my face. This girl really had turned my world upside down. She’d turned it upside down, stirred everything around and then left me with the remains of what it once had been. I’d hardly been able to concentrate on our show, because of the uneasiness I’d been feeling when she first had left. By the looks of it, I had been right too. She’d run off and disappeared without a word. Alex, Ray and Park had been looking for her everywhere and hadn’t been far away from calling the police.

I sighed again as I stared at the grass in front of us. From the very beginning, when I’d first laid my eyes on Vince, I knew I’d been way over my head. She was a wreck; an unsolved puzzle with missing pieces. I wanted to believe that I could fix her, make everything alright, but at this point, I was close on giving up.

My eyes landed on her face. She looked so peaceful for once. If I only had the… On impulse, together with a pinch of new-found courage, I leaned forward and placed my lips on hers. Surprisingly, I felt Vince kiss me back, making me gasp for breathe. Slowly, I opened my eyes and looked straight into Vince’s grey ones as the kiss became more intense, sending shock waves through my body and making my head spin. Once our lips parted, it took me a while to comprehend what just happened. Our eyes connected again and she gave me the most gorgeous smile I’d ever seen. My heart somersaulted and I smiled back, probably looking like an idiot.

“Did you just…” she asked with an amused frown.

“I guess I did…” I answered first, but then reality struck me. “I’m sorry.”

I bit my lip, while staring at the grass in front of us. Vince didn’t answer. Glancing at her, I could easily tell she was far away in thoughts. That was never a good sign. I turned my gaze to the grass again. I could still feel the warmth from her body, while my own body yearned to be touched. As if reading my thoughts, Vince grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers, while, yet again, placing her head on my shoulder. I felt her eyes on me, but I kept looking away, afraid I would kiss her again if our eyes met. Her thumb caressed my hand, sending small electric pulses throughout my body. I didn’t know what to think. Was it really Vince that had kissed me back, or was it just the alcohol? And if it was Vince, what did it mean? Though, given the situation; that was a big “if”.

Heavy breathing was heard again. I glanced at Vince. By the looks of it, she was gone…again…
♠ ♠ ♠
First of all... Sorry Vampire-NinjaNat, but I dropped the zombies... They couldn't stop eating people, so I had to give them the boot. Other than that, you were pretty much right. Way to go ^^

Now though, here's the funny part about cliffhangers... You get to guess what will happen next...again. One smiley face for the person getting it right :3