Status: I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING THIS!! I guess life happened and well... Hopefully I'll get back to this one day. And again, SORRY!

Fairy Tail

Chapter Thirty Two

Vince’s POV

My first thought when I woke up was: “Where the hell am I?” Though, it didn’t take long until I remembered what had happened earlier this morning; my breakdown at the café and Hayley offering me her bunk. The second thought that hit me was the idea of staying in the bunk and cry all day. Though, somehow, I managed to hold the tears back and literally force myself to get up.

As soon as my feet hit the floor, I felt a pounding pain in my head and cursed my own stupidity for the hundreds time since that morning. The hours between getting off the stage and waking up next to Hayley, was still a big blur though, well, besides the fact I’d mixed tequila with painkillers and the unpleasant consequences this morning. I shivered at the memory as I began to examine the other bunks; all empty. I had no idea what time it was or how long I’d been asleep, but I didn’t really care. No, all that mattered right now was to get rid of my headache and pretend that yesterday simply didn’t happen, which would be easier said than done. Though, over the years, I’d actually discovered a medicine for that. Unfortunately, more alcohol wasn’t an option at this point, which left me with plan B; ice cream. Yes, that’s it. Ice cream makes headaches go away and with that, memories usually follow. So, with only one thing in my mind, I decided to go outside.

Though, the shame and awkwardness were still there, no matter how hard I tried to ignore them and I hesitated a long while before I finally dared to leave the bus. Not that I had too, since it was pouring down outside and not a living soul was nearby. I knew where to go though.

Slowly, I made my way towards our own bus. Even though it only was a 30 meter walk, I was more or less soaking wet once I reached the door and opened it. I hardly managed to take three steps inside and close the door behind me, before someone embraced me in a tight hug.

“Don’t you ever do that again…ever.” Cass said with teary eyes.

I just stood there. I don’t know if I was shocked or just relieved that she wasn’t mad anymore; I just couldn’t bring myself to hug her back. Not that I think it mattered, it was obvious she was just relieved that I was alright, well, as alright I could have been given the circumstances. As she finally let me go, I couldn’t help but noticed the way everyone looked at me. They knew. I felt a huge gratefulness towards Hayley for telling them. That meant no one would ask questions or try to make me talk, something I’d feared since this morning. I guess I should have said something, tried to explained or even apologized, but I couldn’t, nor did I want to. Instead, I would stick to my original plan.

“Park, I want ice cream.”

Everyone looked at me, worry, and even some pity, in their eyes. I began to squirm uncomfortably where I stood. Fortunately, Park got to his feet and followed me as I walked out the door. Once outside, he pulled off his hoodie and gave it to me.

“The last thing you need right now is a cold.”

I knew there was no point in arguing, so I grabbed the hoodie and pulled it over my head, immediately feeling a lot warmer. The rain had calmed down a bit, but it was still enough to make my hair to stick to my forehead. With an annoyed sigh, I pulled the hood over my head as we made our way towards the ice cream bar a few blocks away, that we’d spotted the day before.

We didn’t talk on the way, which pretty much was the reason I’d wanted Park to come with me in the first place. He knew me; if I wanted to talk, I would and if I didn’t, he would accept that.

As we entered the ice cream bar, the few people inside all turned their eyes towards us. I couldn’t really blame them though. Given the weather outside, they probably found it rather strange that Park was only dressed in a pair of skinny jeans and a tank top, looking paler than he usually did. Not to mention that I was still wearing the clothes from yesterday’s show, clothes that had been through quite a lot since then; my converse were muddy, my gray jeans was covered in grass stains and on top of that, Park’s oversized hoodie made me look like some underfed girl form the streets. Neither did it help that yesterday’s make-up, most likely was smeared over wrong parts of my face.

“Mirrors Vince…maybe you should use one now and then?” I lectured myself while searching the room for a bathroom; bingo.

“Park, I’m just gonna…” I mumbled and pointed towards one of the doors in the corner.

He gave me an understanding look before I left him and walked towards the door with the ladies sign on it. Once inside, I walked up to the mirrors, prepared for a minor shock. Apparently though, all the crying had washed away every ounce of make-up and instead of a sad looking panda or raccoon looking back at me, the underfed girl from the street did; dark bags underneath my red and swollen eyes, framed by my pale face. If it hadn’t been for my headache, I would have laughed. Instead, I just shrugged my shoulders, accepting the fact there was nothing I could do, and went back to Park.

“You could have told me I looked like Voldemort…” I said with a pout as I joined him again.

“Naah, it was funnier this way.” He answered, looking slightly relieved over my sudden change in mood. “And besides…you have a nose.”

I gave him a smile, probably the first since yesterday, as we went up to the register.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a filler...next chapter will be up in a minute