Status: I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING THIS!! I guess life happened and well... Hopefully I'll get back to this one day. And again, SORRY!

Fairy Tail

Chapter Thirty Seven

*back on tour*

Vince's POV

“So, Jersey and I found this cool bar down the street…” Mike said the second he entered the bus. “Who’s coming?”

I ignored him and continued to read my book. Why bother going to a bar if you couldn’t drink?

“There’s only one decline so far, so how’s it going to be?” Jersey continued.

“Well, why not?” I heard Park say, shrugging his shoulders.

“I’m in.” Ray replied.

“What about you Vince?” Jersey asked and walked up to me.

“Yeah, I bet you’re quite the drinker.” Mike filled in with a mischievous smile.

The whole bus went silent. I could see my band mates exchange looks while Cassie stared at Mike with her mouth wide open.

“I think I’ll pass on that one.” I said plainly without taking my eyes off my book.

“Well, okay then…” Mike said a bit nonplussed.

There were only five people who knew what had happened before the break and he wasn’t one of them. Therefore I found Cassie’s and my fellow band member’s reactions slightly annoying. On top of that; did they seriously believe that I would be so reckless and go to a bar at this point? I sighed and turned my focus back to the book again.

“Alex, are you coming?” Jersey asked.

Alex hesitated a bit. Biting her lip, she looked as if she had a hard time deciding.

“Eliot is going.” Mike pointed out nonchalantly.

Alex gave Mike a quick look and turned back to me. I glanced back at her with a raised eyebrow. She got the message and stood up and together with Park, Ray and Mike, she left the bus.

“Cass…?” Jersey asked, remaining inside.

“I’ll stay.” She said shortly.

I sighed and looked up from my book, meeting her gaze.

“I’ll be fine, you know.”

“I don’t mind.” She said and gave me a convinced look.

I shook my head. Convincing or not, It was obvious she wanted to go with them. She was just worried about leaving me alone.

“Cass, go out. Have fun. I’m just going to bed anyway.”

“Yeah Cass, come on.” Jersey continued. “Besides, Hayley’s not going either, so she won’t be all alone.”

Fuck. Of all the people on this tour, Hayley was the only one who’d stay behind. Maybe I should go with them anyway…

“Okay…I’ll go.” She said and stood up.

“Great! Come on then.” Jersey said and left the bus.

Cass turned to me and looked me straight in the eyes.

“Are you sure?” she asked.

“Yeah…” I mumbled, not sure at all.

Now it was her turn to shake her head, before she leaned in and gave me a soft kiss on the lips.

“I’ll be back before you know it.” She said with a smirk, before walking out the door and leaving me alone.

I let out a sigh, before I made my way to the back of the bus, where I climbed into my bunk. I started up my laptop while putting on my headphones. Going through my hard drive, I found something of interest; series 3 of Skins.

“Doesn’t get much better than this…” I thought as I decided to re-watch my favourite episode for the 100th time.

Hayley’s POV

“Vince is alone.”

I read Alex’s text over and over again, trying to decide what to do. I’d wanted to be alone with Vince ever since the break ended, but at the same time, the thought scared me. It was obvious she’d been avoiding me ever since and now that I finally had her cornered; I didn’t know what to do.
I sighed as I leaned back in the chair and closed my eyes. I actually missed her, especially as the friend she’d become.
My phone buzzed again and I opened the second text from Alex, only saying:

“Williams!!”

“Okay, okay…” I mumbled to myself. “Take a chill pill…”

Before I had time to think it over again, I left the bus and walked up to Fairy Tails'. I gave the door a quick knock before I entered.

“Vince?” I called as I closed the door behind me; no answer.

A bit nonplussed by the utter silence, I made my way through the bus towards the bunk area. As expected, she was lying in her bunk, eyes focused on the computer screen and a silly smile on her face. Cute as always...but I'm saying that as a friend.

“Hey, Vince...”

She jerked and looked up from the screen towards me.

“Don't do that.” she muttered.

“Well, if you hadn't been deaf, you would have heard me banging on the door.” I said and sighed. “Anyway...what are you watching? With that creepy smile, I'm assuming it's something good.”

Vince's POV

Well, this was awkward. If it had been anyone else walking in on me during Naomily's lake scene, I wouldn't have minded, but Hayley...no, that's awkward. Not to mention, the already half-tense atmosphere that'd been surrounding us since we got back on the road.

“Um...there's this show, Skins, that I kind of...like.” I mumbled.

“Yeah... Do you mind?” She asked and nodded towards my bunk.

“Go ahead.” I said and switched to sitting position, placing the laptop in my knee, while Hayley climbed up and sat down next to me.

We hadn't been alone for ages and I couldn't help but feel a bit tense, having her so close. Then again, she must have felt something similar, considering the space she'd left between us while sitting down. I guess I should be grateful...

“So...” she began, while glancing at me. “What's it about?”

“Teenagers gone wild... Alcohol, drugs, sex, fighting, lesbians...the usual stuff.” I said nonchalantly and shrugged my shoulders.

“The usual stuff, huh?” Hayley repeated with a raised eyebrow.

“Oh, I'm sorry miss fancy-pants... I forgot you're boring.” I said with sarcasm while giving her a smirk.

“Oh, you really wanna go there?” she replied in a challenging tone.

“I think I just did.”

“Well...you're annoying.”

“Oh my, Williams...you just confirmed my previous statement.”

As a result, she slapped the back of my head while giving me a half-annoyed, half-amused, glare. Three seconds later, we both burst into laughter. With that, the tension disappeared and once again, we were back to being the friends we'd been before everything became complicated. I'd really missed her.

“Well, miss “I'm-tougher-than-you”... Why don't you show me this stuff that I've obviously been missing out on?” Hayley said after calming down a bit.

“You sure? It gets pretty nasty...” I teased.

“If I can deal with you, I can deal with anything.”

“Ouch...” I said with a pout.

“I'm right though.” she continued with a smirk.

“Double-ouch...”

“Too slow.” she said and took my laptop and put it in her own lap. “Let's do this.”

She started the episode from where I'd paused it. As I watched the scene with Emily and Naomi, another silly smile spread on my face. Though, this time, it had nothing to do with the persons on the screen...

As we were about to start a third episode, a rumbling noise was heard. I turned to Hayley with an amused look.

“Pardon?” I asked, trying not to laugh.

“I don't know what you're talking about.” she said blankly.

More rumbling was heard and this time we both laughed.

“How about some cereals?” I asked between laughter.

“I'd like that very much.”

We moved over to the kitchen area. Hayley sat down by the table, while I started rummaging through the cupboards. After putting everything on the table, I took a seat myself. Hayley poured milk into the two bowls while I filled them with Coco Puffs.

“So you have a crush on Naomi.” Hayley suddenly said with a wide smirk.

“Actually...” I said and swallowed a mouthful of cereals. “I have a crush on the actress playing her. Unfortunately though, she isn't gay.”

“The fact that you say it like that makes me think you've actually tried to hook up with her...”

I shrugged my shoulders as I took another mouthful.

“We met before she was in Skins...and I may or may not have tried something...” I mumbled.

“You met?” Hayley asked a bit surprised.

“We played at some small club in London... I had no idea who she was. Then she suddenly turns up in my favourite TV show...and I wanted to kill myself.”

I suddenly noticed the tears streaming down Hayley's face. Covering her mouth, while shaking uncontrollably, she was looking at me from across the table.

“Go ahead...” I muttered with a sigh, while Hayley began to laugh hysterically.

“Sorry Vince...” she said between waves of laughter. “It's just...I mean...it's funny.”

“You know...Alex had about the same reaction. I appreciate your honesty though.”

“I-I'm sorry...” she said again, a bit calmer now.

“Ah, well...” I mumbled, while emptying my bowl.

Hayley soon managed to calm down, but had apparently decided to keep the conversation going.

“She's your favourite then?” she asked, a bit less amused.

“Of the characters? I guess...” I answered a bit thoughtfully. “Though....I like Effy too.”

“'Cause you recognize yourself?”

I looked at Hayley for a while, before answering.

“Yeah... How did you...?”

Hayley shrugged her shoulders.

“There are some similarities between you.” she said nonchalantly.

“Self-destructive, selfish, naïve and slightly ignorant... Yeah, I see them too.” I pointed out with a short smile.

“No, that's not what I...”

“Well, it is me...or at least was. I guess that's also one of the reasons I watch this show...it kind of reminds me of my old life.”

We sat in silence for a while. Hayley was staring at the bowl in front of her, seemingly lost in thoughts. I glanced at her while I thought about the time before Brighton; ironically enough, Skins pretty much summed it all up.

“Do you ever get homesick?”

I looked up and met Hayley's gaze. Usually, when I was asked this question, I just shrugged my shoulders and gave them some witty response and that was it. Though, looking into those green eyes, I just couldn't bring myself to do just that. I guess I'd reached some kind of point where it no longer mattered what I told her, simply 'cause I'd come to trust her more than I was willing to admit. She was one of the few people that had managed to break through my barrier, but also, one of the few who I actually wanted there. I couldn't kick her out, even if I wanted to.

“Do I get homesick...” I repeated to buy myself some time. “Well...I don't know. I mean... Do I miss Sweden? Not really... Do I miss my family? Sometimes, yes... But I don't know if I would refer to it as being homesick.”

“There's something though...or someone?”

Our eyes met again and remained connected...

“Amid the chaos and turmoil that was my life back then, I actually had a place where I could turn whenever things got a bit too...messy. Something consistent, you know?”

“Everyone needs some consistence now and then. It's human...”

“Exactly... Well, my refuge consisted of three people. Ironically enough, they played the same parts as my band mates do today...” I explained, with a bit of a frown. “Fred and I grew up together...he was like the brother I never got. Jess was my first real girlfriend, even though it didn't last that long. I'm not sure how we met; I just know we connected right away. Then there was MJ... We were team mates back when I still took bandy seriously... She was the only person I actually listened to.”

“You still talk to them?”

“Last time I spoke to any of them...must have been about two years ago.” I said and took a deep breath. “I had gone home for the anniversary of Emma's death... The three of us met up before I went back to Brighton. Last time we talked, must have been a few weeks after that... I just stopped returning their calls and eventually, they stopped calling. I don't know why...I just couldn't deal with it...”

“But you miss them...” Hayley pointed out.

“Yeah... Yes, I do. A lot...” I stated. “I mean... Fred and I went through so much together. Every milestone in life...he was there. Jess and I had so much fun...and the break-up just brought us even closer. And MJ...to her, I was a younger sister that needed some guidance. To me, she was much more than that...silly... Though, on top of that, she was someone I looked up to. So yeah...I really miss them.”

Talking about them with someone like this, only made me realise how much I really missed them. They had been the only ones to be there after Emma died...and I left them.

“You know...the way you talk about them...I can tell how much they meant, and still mean, to you. If they feel the same, it won't be too late to fix things between you.”

I looked at Hayley. I knew this was true, I'd been telling myself that for the past year. Still, there was something that kept me from picking up the phone; the fear that they'd actually moved on. That thought alone, scared me more than anything in this world.

“I know. Still, the thing that's keeping me from trying is that there still is a risk that they won't care... I feel guilty for even thinking it, but I can't help it. I mean...after all, it's my fault that we don't talk any more. I fucked up...again.”

“Hey...” Hayley said as she moved to the seat next to me and gave me a quick hug. “Even so, giving up on them is not the right option...you know that, stupid.”

I turned my head and met Hayley's gaze. The sincere smile she gave me filled me with warmth that quickly spread through my body.

“I guess you're right.” I said, returning her smile while keeping our eyes connected.

“I'm always right.”

The tension was back again, I could feel it creeping up on us. Those soft lips; so close, but yet so far away. I could easily have taken advantage of the situation; just lean forward and erase the distance between us in an instant. Fortunately, I had enough willpower do restrain myself. I’d promised to stay faithful to Cass. I’d already let it go way too far before the break and I felt really bad. Doing it all over again, was not an option.

“I need some air.” I mumbled as I quickly looked away and got to my feet.

Before Hayley had time to react, I was already outside with the door closed behind me.
Leaning my head against the cold bus, I took a deep breath.

“This isn’t right…” I mumbled. “This needs to stop…”

Hayley’s POV

I stared at the door, still feeling the presence of the person on the other side.

“What was I doing?” I asked myself and let out a deep sigh.

We’d almost went back to how it was before it all got confusing and complicated; before the intense looks, the flirting, the feelings… If I could, I would rather go back there than have to deal with all of this. Still, I couldn’t back down now. Vince had feelings for me, it was obvious, and that knowledge alone was more than enough to keep fighting. Though, it wasn’t enough to drown the guilt I felt towards Cassie. I let out another sigh and closed my eyes while rubbing my templates. Why did I do this to myself? All the things; the good ones and the bad ones… Was she even worth it?

“Hi…”

I looked up and found Vince standing in the doorway, looking at me with a slight frown.

“Hey.” I replied, not sure how long she’d been standing there.

“I’m sorry...”

“For what?”

She hesitated, her frown becoming more intense, while she restlessly scratched her neck.

“I’m not sure…” she mumbled and bit her lip.

I smiled. I looked into those greyish eyes of hers and smiled. Vince’s frown disappeared as she returned the gesture. Her eyes beamed of happiness typical a small child. I was amazed that she still had that innocent look, after all that she’d been through. Though, that only made her more desirable.
As she pulled her fingers through her messy hair, the smile still plastered on her face and those amazing eyes looking straight at me, I knew… I knew that whatever the consequences, she would be worth it. To be the source to her happiness would be worth it all.
My thoughts got interrupted as Vince tried to choke a yawn, resulting in red and teary eyes. It was adorable.

“It’s late…” I pointed out and yawned. “Better get some sleep, it’s gonna be a long day tomorrow.”

“I second that.” Vince mumbled and nodded her head slightly.

I got up to my feet and yawned again. Vince followed my every move as I went for the door. Before I passed her, I thought about giving her a hug, but immediately realised it would be a bad idea. Vince seemed to be thinking the same, as she started scratching her neck again.

“Well…” I mumbled. “See you in the morning.”

“Yeah… Goodnight.”

With one last shared look, I stepped outside in the chilly air and made my way towards my bus. I could feel Vince’s gaze follow me, but I forced myself to not turn around. I sighed as I opened the door to the bus and went inside, closing it behind me. Leaning against the door, I thought about everything that had happened that evening. I let out another sigh.

Why did everything have to be so complicated?

Vince’s POV

“Cass…?” I asked groggily as I turned my head to the person now spooning me.

“Who else?” She said amusingly as she placed a kiss on my shoulder.

“Monster…” I mumbled, still half-asleep.

I could feel her smile against my neck, as her arms embraced me tightly.

“Sorry I woke you up.” She whispered, intertwining our hands.

“Glad it wasn’t a monster…”

“Goodnight, Vince.”

“Mmh…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. Sorry for this shitty chapter. Sorry for whatever I should be sorry about.

I don't really have anything to say, besides that I hope I'll be able to write regularly again...we'll see.

Also... Brittana is GO.