Status: I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING THIS!! I guess life happened and well... Hopefully I'll get back to this one day. And again, SORRY!

Fairy Tail

Chapter Seven

Vince’s POV

It was our last night in Franklin. Hayley and I were watching some old CSI episode on the TV, while our band mates were out having fun. Even though it was our last night before the tour, I didn’t feel like doing anything. The last few days I had been walking around, feeling restless while counting down to the beginning of the tour. We’d just spent the days practicing and hanging out with the guys from Paramore. We were really getting along and I looked forward to spend two months on the road with them.

I stretched my arms above my head and yawned. We were sitting in the couch, well, she was sitting and I was lying next to her, with half of my legs in her lap. I hadn’t been paying attention to the TV, just looked at it as I’d disappeared in my own thoughts. There had been a lot on my mind lately. From the moment we met, I’d grown quite fond of Hayley and I was starting to suspect there was more behind it than just friendship. Already it felt as if we’d known each other forever and we talked about almost everything. Though, a few times there had been these awkward moments between us, making us both blush and act nervously as if we were complete strangers instead of close friends. The thing that amazed me the most though, was probably the fact that I hadn’t told her about Cassie. There wasn’t even a reason behind it. I just hadn’t. It’s as simple as that. Well, at least that’s what I kept telling myself…

Hayley’s POV

I caught a glimpse of Vince, who was lying next to me in the couch with her legs in my lap. Even though her eyes were kept on the TV screen, I knew she wasn’t looking. The last few days had been quite overwhelming. Since the day I’d met her, it was as I’d almost developed an obsession to this girl. There was still so much I didn’t know about her and it really bugged me. She was so secretive and mysterious, which made me even more curious about her. I didn’t know why, but each time she smiled at me, I got this warm feeling in my chest. Though, the thought about me having feelings for this girl, was ridiculous and each time it hit me, I denied it. It just wasn’t possible. Suddenly my thoughts got interrupted by guitar playing. With a swift move, Vince picked up her phone and got to her feet. With an excusing look at me, she left the room. My eyes followed her out the door. It wasn’t the first time she’d left the room when the same ring tone went off.

Vince’s POV

I didn’t know why I kept on walking away from Hayley each time Cassie called. It wasn’t really something I decided, it just kind of happened.

“Vince, are you still there?” Cassie said in the phone.

“Sorry Cass, I’m a bit absent minded today…”

“Today? You’ve been like this since you left Brighton.” She said and sighed.

“I’ve just had a lot on my mind recently… Though maybe it’s just excitement for the tour.”

“There’s no need to lie Vince. Admit it…You’re so excited about seeing me, that you can’t focus on anything else.”

“What? Seeing you? That can’t be right… You’re not going on tour with us, are you? Or have I missed something?” I said sarcastically.

“Remind me to hit you when you get here.”

“Right back at you, love.”

“Now, what have I done to deserve that?”

“Oh, I don’t know?” I muttered.

“You’re still upset, aren’t you?” she said and laughed.

“No… It’s just tha…”

“I know you, silly… You are upset.” She said and sighed again. “Well then… I promise to make up for it as soon as you get to here. Do we have a deal?”

“Are you trying to seduce me?”

“Well, does it work?”

“Maybe…”

“I take that as a yes.”

“Lovely...”

“Well, I just wanted to make sure you weren’t up to any mischief. I’ll see you tomorrow, you silly little girl.”

“I’m touched…”

“Go to bed before you drive the others mad, will you?”

“I love you too. Bye now.”

“Bye bye, darling.”

I hung up and went back to the living room where Hayley was waiting. “Why don’t I want this night to end?” I asked myself as I took place next to her in the couch, putting my head on her shoulder and yawned.

“Are you alright?” she asked as she stroke away a look of hair from my face.

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

Hayley’s POV

There was something bugging her, I could tell by the way she answered. Though I chose to ignore it, if she wanted to talk about it, she would sooner or later. I looked at the TV screen in front of me as I let out a yawn. CSI was still on, though I hadn’t been watching it at all. I was beginning to feel really tired and I felt how my eyelids became heavier. I glanced at Vince, who had already managed to fall asleep, still with her head on my shoulder. I sighed. “I should probably wake her up....” I thought, but didn’t even try. Instead I tried to focus on the TV, but before I knew it, I was asleep as well.

Alex’s POV

We’d been spending the evening on a bar together with the guys from Paramore and were now in a taxi on our way home. Even though I’d been a little disappointed that Vince had decided to stay at home, I’d had one hell of a time. Zac and I had become pretty close the last few days, though I was afraid he had a small crush on me. Still, he didn’t seem to be the only one with a crush. I’d noticed the looks Hayley and Vince gave each other, along with the fact that they had spent almost all of our spare time together. Still, I couldn’t see a reason to worry; Vince wouldn’t let Cassie down like that.

The taxi stopped outside our house and Jeremy paid the driver. With Zac’s arm around my shoulders, we were the first to reach the door and open it.

“WE’RE HOME!” I shouted and went inside.

When they didn’t answer, I let out a small sigh, before walking into the living room followed by Zack. My gaze landed on the sleeping pair in the couch. “Maybe I should worry…” I thought, as I looked at Vince who was leaning against Hayley, with her head on Hayley’s shoulder and her hand in Hayley’s.

“VINCE!” I shouted, making them both wake up with a jerk as their hands let go of each other.

Slowly, Vince turned around as she stretched her arms and yawned.

“Oh, you’re already home…” she said with a sore voice.

“Vince…” I said again with a firm voice as our eyes met.

She tilted her head a bit and looked at Hayley and then back at me.

“Oh…”

Hayley must have noticed the tense atmosphere as she quickly got to her feet.

“I think I’ll go to bed.” She said and left the room together with Zac.

Vince and I were now alone; the others had avoided the living room and gone upstairs. Vince was staring at the wall in front of her. I tried to figure out what she was thinking, not the easiest task in the world.

“Vince, what are you doing?” I asked instead.

“I’m not doing anything. I just fell asleep.” She had turned to me again, with an angry expression.

“Oh, so all the flirting between you two the last few days isn’t that big of a deal then?”

“What flirting? I’m not flirting. Hayley isn’t flirting.” She said defensively.

“Well, what is it then?”

“I have Cassie for fuck sake.” I could tell she was beginning to lose her temper.

“Then let me ask you this… Have you told Hayley about Cassie?”

By the way she reacted, the answer was already clear. She became silent and drifted away in her own thoughts for a while.

Vince’s POV

I hadn’t told her about Cassie and I didn’t feel like doing it either. But was it really that big of a deal? It didn’t really mean anything. I mean, Hayley is a great friend and that’s all there is to it.

“Vince, have you told her about Cass?” Alex asked again and gave me a firm look.

“I haven’t really had… It’s just that… No…”

I could tell she was a bit shocked and she wasn’t the only one. Thinking about it, I really didn’t have a reason for not telling her. Then why hadn’t I?

I stared into the wall in front of me, trying to come up with an answer. After a while, Alex broke the silence.

“You like her…” she said as if it suddenly had become the most obvious thing in the world.

“NO!” I almost shouted, but was suddenly nonplussed as her words finally got to me. “N-no, I don’t… I… I don’t know.”

The realization that I really didn’t know, shocked me. Until this point, I hadn’t even thought about Hayley like that, but know it suddenly hit me, the flirting and the way I acted around her…

“Vince…” Alex said hesitantly.

“Just leave it Alex, I’m off to bed.” I said and before she had time to react, I was on my way towards the stairs.

I was angry at Alex, for bringing it up, but mostly, I was angry with myself. I needed to be alone, to think. What was I doing? I had Cass, the one person I loved more than anything. Still, I’d let Alex’s word get to me and now everything was a big blur. I went inside the room, closed the door and threw myself at the bed. I wondered if the others had noticed it too, or if Alex was the only one. Still with a million questions and thoughts in my head, I pulled the quilt over me and closed my eyes. “I’m just being silly. As soon as I see Cass, all of this will be sorted out.” I thought.

Hayley’s POV

The first thing I had noticed when Alex yelled at us was Vince’s hand in mine; the second thing was how fast she let go of it. Though, Vince didn’t seem too bothered about it, until Alex gave her a look that probably could have killed. I could easily feel the tension in the air, so I decided to leave them. The others seemed to have already gone to bed and the house was quiet. I followed Zac upstairs, but hardly noticed when he said goodnight and went inside his room. As I entered my own room, the one next to Vince’s, my mind was like an inner turmoil. First of all, I couldn’t figure out why Alex got so upset. We’d only fallen asleep and that’s all there was to it. Still, the feeling of disappointment I’d got as Vince’s hand let go of mine haunted me.

“You’re losing it Hayley.” I said to myself as I lay down on the bed.

I closed my eyes and tried to clear my thoughts. After a while, I heard Vince’s door open and then close. “As soon as the tour begins, I will forget all about this.” I thought and sighed heavily. Soon I’d managed to fall asleep again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soo... Hayley doesn't know about Cassie. Well, we'll see about that...

I'm not sure if I like this chapter or not, but I just can't seem to get it right... Well, hope you don't find it a complete disaster though ^^

Next will probably be up tomorrow or on Saturday.

// sir Vincent