Status: An one-shot sequel is coming! (if you behave)

Take Me From the Hospital Bed

This Is How I Disappear

“Frankie! Wake up!” someone shouted, jumping onto the bed next to me. I didn’t want to open my eyes. I wanted to sleep.
“Go away”, I slurred, turning my back to the intruder.
“Come on, Frankie! It’s your birthday!” the someone, obviously Gerard, said. I opened my eyes just to be met with blinding lightness. I took me a while to get used to it, but when I did, I saw Gerard holding a huge-ass present. He looked over excited for some reason.
“Gee”, I laughed, at least it resembled laughing a bit, “you look like a child on Christmas morning and it’s not even your birthday”
“Yea, but I want you to open the present from me”, he said, pouting. I started to giggle, taking the present from him. It wasn’t as heavy as I would have suspected from its size. I tore the bright pink paper off agonizingly slowly, starting from the corners. Finally it slid off, revealing a red box underneath the wrapping paper. I raised the lid, throwing it aside, and looked into the box. There was another box, light blue this time, a bit smaller, inside it.
“Gee, that’s unfair!”
“No it’s not. Just open the present”
He grinned when I took the smaller box out. He had been very evil and turned it so that the lid was somewhere hidden. When I finally found it, there was a purple box inside.
“You. Are. Evil!” I said. Gerard smirked. He seemed to find it funny. I found it really frustating. I got so fed up with the boxes that I started throwing the lids around the room, finding always a new box. After what seemed like eternity of opening boxes, there was this tiny, black one. I opened it, prepared to find even more boxes, but instead, there was a shiny silver key.
“What the fuck?” I exclaimed.
“Think”, Gerard said, smiled and left the room. He had made me so confused. I decided to let the thing be, at least for long enough for me to completely calm down and rearrange my thoughts, so I stuck the key into the pocket of my pajama pants and went to have a cup of coffee and play my guitar for a bit. The coffee part happened exactly as I had suspected it to, but the guitar part didn’t. When I walked into the room where I kept my guitars, there was something lying on the ground. Something black. A guitar case. I hadn’t seen it before, so it definitely wasn’t mine. Or that’s what I thought, until I saw a shiny silver lock on the guitar case. The exact color of the key resting in the pocket of my pants.
I took out the key as fast as I could, fitting it in the keyhole, turning it twice. The lock opened with a silent thump. I opened the case and found myself looking at a shiny white electric guitar. There was a note on top of it. It held a smiley and one letter. G.


Be-beep.

“Happy birthday, Frankie”

Thank you.

“Gerard said he’d come by later”

No thank you.

Well, he did say he was sorry. I wonder –


“I would have given you the present, but I don’t know since you can’t exactly open it… Nah, I’ll put it on the table so you can take it whenever you wake up”

Mikey didn’t seem to get the clue. Maybe I didn’t want to wake up, if I hadn’t already? Was it that hard to see?

“Bob and Ray are gonna come here in the evening. I think they said something about six”

Well, time really doesn’t matter when you can’t see or move, or talk, for that matter. Talking would be nice. Moving would be even nicer. I hadn’t played a guitar for – how long had I been in the hospital – for nearly two months? God, I never knew how slowly time could pass. Note to self; never again fail a suicide if the result is coma.

“Erm, Mr. Way, I think you should know something”
“Yes?”
“We are pulling the life support today”
♠ ♠ ♠
Evil cliffhanger.

There are a few reasons as to why I haven't updated earlier:
1) I still had a couple of unfinished school projects, and I want to get on the next grade, don't I?
2) I had a six-hour dance competition thingy on Saturday
3) I had an uncontrollable urge to play the endless setlist 2 in rock band, which consists of 84 songs, and it took me nearly six hours to finish (and because I'm so full of myself, I'm going to say I played the first half without a single break and got five stars from 81 songs, four from the other 3)
4) My ear hurt. I changed my ear piercing from 3mm straight to 5mm.
5) I want to start a new frerard before ending this

Thanks for bearing with me :)

xosalli

PS. Please still comment and/or subscribe, there is going to be one more chapter and it's going to be really long.