Status: Finished.

Second Chances

Epilouge

Since the day I left for California, things have been a little crazy.

I moved in with my cousin Jimmy.
I never called my sister for anything ever again.
I made best friends with all the girlfriends.
I’ve gotten a great tan at the beach.
I drive an awesome car.
I said goodbye to my parents.

But most of all, I fell in love.

There was always a story my mother told me when I was young about a girl going to a fairytale ball. That there would be this handsome prince charming waiting for me at the bottom of the steps and I would be wearing this great, beautiful gown.

I really wish my mother was here to see me now.

“Come on Sam, you’ve got to be ready by now!”

“Just a minute Chelle!” I called out, putting the finishing touches on my makeup. I stepped over to the door and opened it, earning a gasp from Michelle.

“Oh Sam, you look beautiful,” She smiled, embracing me in a tight hug. “He’s going to die when he sees you.” She let go of me.

“My mother’s going to kill me knowing that I’m not wearing heels,” I giggled, picking up my dress a little to show off my purple high top Converse.

“Such a rebel,” She chuckled, taking my arm in hers and heading down the hallway for the stairs.

Cat calls and whistles could be heard as I stood at the landing at the top of the stairs. I was trying my best not to cry right now, but that was proving to be really difficult.

Michelle and I strutted down the staircase, showing off my purple converse underneath my dress as Val and Leana played photographer and kept on snapping pictures.

When we reached the bottom, Jimmy replaced Michelle on the side of my arm.

“You look amazing,” He smiled, pecking my rosy cheek.

“And you clean up well yourself Jimbo,” I grinned.

“Alright! Come on! Let’s do this bitch!” Lacey shouted. Of course the little red head would be so full of energy right now.

Matt, Val, Zacky, Gena, Leana, Michelle, Lacey, and Johnny all scurried in to the living room, Matt separating for a minute to go hit play on the stereo system.

I took in a deep breath and slowly let it out, hearing the beginning notes of Keith Urban’s song Only You Can Love Me This Way shook the house.

What can I say?

I have a thing for cliché moments.

If it were possible, my heart would’ve jumped right out of my chest at this very moment. Brian looked so damn cute in his purple button up shirt and black blazer. Zacky let him borrow one of his infamous black bowties for the special occasion as well.

“Hey,” He whispered, taking my hands in his.

“Hey,” I whispered back, smiling like an idiot.

“I would like to thank you all for being here right now to be witnesses to the marriage of Brian Elwin Haner Jr. and Samantha Rene Sullivan. This special occasion is in honor of Samantha’s parents Nathan and Catherine Sullivan. Samantha wishes that they could both be here right now, but in spirit, they will always be with her no matter what journey she embarks on next …….”

The only thing I could think of right now was that I was going to be a Haner. I was getting a fresh start, with the love of my life.

Samantha Rene Haner.
That has a nice ring to it.

Things were turning out to be pretty good after all; No matter how many times I had already fallen, I had gotten up and managed to turn it all around.

I love you Mom and Dad.

This is for you.