Status: just started :)

Puppet Strings

A brief Possession

Ash

The girl in the leather skirt, I had seen her enter, she was with Sophia and Briny in the main living area. I had instantly slagged her off in my mind, as yet another bitch that stares down at people over their nose. But I'd been walking back to my room, after spending a lazy afternoon with my legs in the glistening silver lake, and I herd some one cry “Dam it! You silly bill sausage bean!” It was such a shock, seeing her dressed like that. It was cute and fun and not the hard authorised slut look she had pulled off easily earlier. And she was fun, light, bubbly and a little dumb. Which was also incredibly cute. She was about as friendly as a Labrador. So obviously it made me wonder which one was the act.
I had come down early this morning, in a weird way excited about seeing her again. Chatting maybe. I grabbed a slice of toast from the little snack kitchen and flicking on super man, one of my favourite films. I spread out lazily and Leo came and joined me with two empty cups. He held his hand out over the top of them and exerted fresh, ice cold, water. Passing me one.
“Cheers mate.” I took another bite from the toast. “You all right?” the room started to fill up a bit more rapidly.
“Hell yeah! You seen the knew chick? You seen that arse?!” I rubbed my forehead in despair.
“I'm gonna flirt like fuck with her.”
“She's like one of the youngest girls here.” I shook him off, annoyed at his interest.
“She acts eighteen mate. Who gives a crap.” I sighed and shook my head, taking another bite from the toast.
“Aha! She's in da house!” he smoothed his light brown hair down and jumped up. I felt my shoulders slump. She was in a black leather jacket, that left a strip of skin between her denim shorts and it's rim. She had high, cut out, heels on and her hair in a high bun. She stalked past me with out glancing. Sophia and Briny with her. Sophia was in front and Ella and Briny behind her. Which is how it kind has always been for Briny.
I watched as Leo went and tapped Ella on the shoulder. She turned around and glowered at him.
What.” she snapped.
“Hi.” he winked, “you want to come join me on the couch.” she looked at Sophia who had also turned round.
“Give him a zap will you?” she snarled, and Sophia electrocuted him and they just walked into the kitchen. He came back shaking and something bright flashing in his worn eyes,
“Told you.” I said sadly, turning back to the TV.
“Go to hell moron.”
“Already on my way.” I sighed. The girls returned, all with just mugs of hot water. On diets no doubt. In fact Briny was probably going to make her self sick after having some water.
“Ash?” a call from the entrance door made my head flick. Professor Marley was standing there, signing me out.
“See you later man.” I patted his shoulder and slunk over to him, due to the fact I knew what was coming. He pushed his gold frames glasses higher up his nose.
“Doctor Gerf is waiting.” I nodded heavily and sighed, knowing where I'd find him. I shut the door softly behind me to a little room cornered off from the front of the building. I became so anxious I accidentally made a glass shatter from behind the doctor who looked up from his bag. He wore jeans and a shirt, nothing fancy.
“Ahhh Ash my boy. Take a seat.” I sat down opposite him. “How's this week been?”
“Fine, I honestly don't need this.”
“I know. I'm simply here to warn you. Or remind you perhaps. When emotions start to control your power, it's the first stages of your power controlling you. Then, as the steps become greater, you change to evil and we have to lock you up. How ever I do believe that you've had this for so long there shall be no other steps to follow. All I'm doing is observing you closely. That means a phone call once a fought night. Got it?” he smiled plastically. I nodded back.
“Thanks doc.” and left in a hurry. Once outside I took a deep breath to steady my self. Turned and walked almost instantly into Ella.
“Ella.” I said surprised.
“The names Aprella fool.” she snapped. “Now get the hell out of my way.”
“I'm sorry have we met?” I cried back, this wasn't who I met yesterday. Her eyes flashed and her lips pulled over her teeth.
“What are you playing? We met yesterday. You let me into my room. Now move.”
“Look I'm sorry I caught you off guard yesterday. Do you have to be so cold?” hey eyes were now glowing, blazing.
“Don't make me angry.” she hissed. I took a step towards her and she instantly stepped back. That hurt but I carried on any way.
“Can I show you the lake?” I asked lightly.
“No need. I was already on my way.” she tried to dodge round me so I stepped back to let her pass.
“Hey beautiful.” Leo stood in the door way, still shaken from earlier but not given up. She ignored him and went outside towards the lake.
“Leo no.” I moaned, he scowled at me and went after her. I hesitated, then followed.
“Leave the girl alone.” I tried. But he wouldn't listen. She was perched on the edge of the lake, removed her black jacket to have a white vest top underneath, and was admiring the fish that bubbled up to the waters surface. The lake was huge and glass like, a rich stunning blue with emerald budded plants and buzzing with life. Dragonflies were everywhere, throwing rainbows shimmering through the breezy air, although it got a little muddy at some parts it was my favourite place on earth. A happy feeling over came me, and I paused some where i could watch without being seen.
He went and sat next to her where she jumped up in dismay.
“Go away.” she said blandly.
“No. I'm here to please you. “ he flicked water from his finger tips onto the surface, sending ripples gliding through the water.
“Please don't make me angry.” she sighed.
“i bet your sexy when your angry.” the thing I saw next was so weird and bizarre it was like it didn't happen.
She crossed her arms and stared at him, then his back twitched and he stood straight. Like a puppet. Something he never does. She was just staring at him as he walked towards the edge of the lake and just walked right in. He made no fight to swim to the top, he just let himself, sort of sink. Then she broke the eye contact and walked away. He hadn't died, however he was deep enough to panic. He furiously fought his way to the top, screaming, and pulled himself out.
He was breathing so hard he could hardly speak when I reach him, and he froze to look into my eyes.
“the scariest part is-” he heaved, “is you know what's happening but you can't fight it.” and with that, he collapsed.