Status: Complete

Emotionless

Chapter One

“Kiwi-Keeley!” someone yelled in my ear, causing me to whine and turn over in the bed. There was laughter from above me, cold airs whipping at my newly exposed body as the sheets were torn from my grip. “Come on, Kiwi! Get up or we’re gonna be late for the show!” I knew that voice. Slowly, wrenching my eyes open, I glowered up at Pippa and Molly who had those stupid innocent smiles on their faces and band t-shirts on their bodies. I hate my friends.

Slugging myself over to the bathroom, I turned on the water for a shower whilst those two freaks started making coffee in the kitchen. I swore that if my brother came round I’d say they were aliens, not the two girls that we’d grown up on the same street as. The water was scolding against my skin, splattering soothingly across my tense muscles with traces of yesterday’s eyeliner that I must have missed running down my cheeks.

Once out of the shower, I dried my hair and left the straighteners to heat up on their mat whilst I changed into some clothes. I decided on some mini denim shorts that were kind of distressed and an old Misfits shirt with the collar cut off it so that it hung off one shoulder, exposing a tank top underneath it. Then, I slipped into my black and white Vans before running the straighteners through my hair which was then teased out.

My bunny ears from the other night’s party were sparkling on the bathroom counter, tempting me. I did feel like being a bunny today. Well, it was either the bunny ears or an animal beanie hat with the tassels. Shrugging, I switched off the straighteners and sat my bunny ears in place on my head. Perfect, I smiled at myself in the mirror. There was banging on the door, impatient profanities being yelled at me by Molly and Pippa who were being impatient again.

Muttering to myself about needing a bunch of cookies, I walked out of the bathroom whilst slipping my iPod and phone into my pockets. Molly rolled her eyes at my bunny ears, earning my finger as I followed the girls out of the apartment and locked it up. I wasn’t about to have my brother raid my fridge whilst I went on this damned road trip to fuck knows where. According to a squealing Pippa, we were going to see some band called Avenged Sevenfold. Yeah, I must have been living under a rock all my life because I’ve never heard of them.

When we got down to the car, the sun was glaring down on me and old ladies were giving me odd looks for skipping along to the car singing about gummy bears and Oreos. Meh, since when do I care what they think? Pippa giggled, sliding into the driver’s seat as I screamed ‘shot gun’ and jumped in as Molly climbed in the back. Ah, triumph is sweet! I turned on the stereo and hooked up my iPod, playing Gwen Stacy loudly as Pippa gunned the engine.

Motionless in White began to sing of Bullet’s new album as I delved a hand into my pocket, arching my hips up to try and get at the stupid devise as I turned the music down a little. It was my little brother, probably wondering where I am or asking if I could drive him somewhere or another. Greeting him loudly, I held the phone up for Pippa and Molly to shout their hellos while Joel chuckled when I had the phone back to my ear.

“Kiwi,” Joel whined, using a nickname my dad used to use, “I need a lift to the mall! It’s Jessica’s birthday tomorrow and I haven’t got her anything!” Rolling my blue eyes, I let out a groan before explaining that I was being kidnapped by Pippa and Molly. “Awe, Keeley! No fair! Any ideas where River is?” I thought for a moment.

“Nah, I ain’t seen him. Ask Mom, tell her that if he does that, I’ll buy her a bottle of wine later,” I said with a smile. Joel and I exchanged our goodbyes and hung up on each other. Changing the song to Apologise by Silverstein, I leant back in the squishy leather chair “Mmm, how much longer is it? This Playboy Bunny’s got a craving for some sugar!” I sang, looking over at Pippa who laughed. Muttering that it had only been an hour, Pippa sped up a little bit as I groaned and crossed my legs onto the chair. It’s gonna be a long drive…
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me whatcha think? Maybe another chapter or two up tonight! HeHe,
RDGD Rainey!
^O^
Keeley's Outfit