Status: Complete

Emotionless

Chapter Fifteen

The air was cool and nipping at my exposed skin as I leant against the wall outside of the club. Smoke bellowed up from the cigarette between my fingers, the intoxicating mist filling my body with a calming effect as I rested my head back and blew it out lazily. Music was booming from inside, the DJ chanting and jeering on the crowds as I waited for nine o’clock to come. Taking another drag from the fag, I blew the smoke from between my parted lips and tapped at the end of the stick so that ash fell to the floor at my feet. A crash of the doors opening and closing next to me caught my attention, my eyes snapping open and looking towards a smirking Zacky. Rolling my blue orbs, I leant my head back again and sighed.

“Fags before a show, hardcore.” I opened one eye, peeking at the man stood with his arms crossed over his colourful chest and his baby green eyes sparkling with smugness. His plaid shirt was almost bursting, some of his tattoos bouncing off his chest and lacing up and down his half concealed arms. Zacky’s plump lips formed a smile, his arms loosening as he moved to stand in front of me. “So, tell me something I don’t know about you, Miss Darke.”

Chewing the flesh of my bottom lip, I asked him what kinda thing he wanted to know. Zacky shrugged and replied with a simple ‘anything’. Taking another drag from the cigarette, I dropped it to the floor and stubbed it out with my foot before straightening out my cap again. “Uhm, my favourite colour’s red. My best male friend was Ayden who I haven’t seen in three years. I’ve always wanted to be a photographer since I was, like, three. And… my dad walked out on me when I was nine.” I swallowed back the tears, keeping a hard facade.

Zacky watched me for a moment, waiting for that second when I’d let the facade fall to the floor and crash with a tear drop rolling down my cheek. But, that one second never came so he opened his mouth to say something. He shut it again when words didn’t come out. “So,” he began, his voice quivering. “That’s why you don’t trust people?” I raised an eyebrow. Scoffing at him, I crossed my arms over my chest. Just as I was about to retort something, Pippa burst from the doors and exclaimed that it was show time. Thanking my lucky stars, I let her drag me into the club with Zacky wandering slowly behind me.

Stepping onto the stage, I exchanged a quick hug with the other DJ before coming up to the mic and winking at Jimmy. “Okay, now, before I do this shit, I need Leana up here for me!” Leana quirked her eyebrow. I smiled reassuringly, urging her onto stage next to the booth. “Okay, Jimmy, she’s all yours!” Jimmy thanked me quietly, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a little velvet box. Leana chewed her bottom lip, watching him with teary eyes as he knelt down on one knee and popped the question. The crowd cheered as she nodded with tears rolling down her cheeks. “The happy couple, everybody!”

I smiled to myself, watching Jimmy twirl his new fiancée around in circles happily as I began a high beat song that pounded through the speakers. There was an air behind me, like someone was stood there. But, when I spun around, there was nothing but the flashing lights and speakers that were vibrating from the force of the music. Shrugging, I shook my head. I pulled one of the headphones to my ear, the other one around my neck as I worked the electronics in front of me. My leg was aching painfully, but I ignored it and leant on the side of the booth.

“He’s wanted to do that for months,” someone spoke from next to me, causing me to jump slightly with shock before seeing Brian stood next to me. I quirked an eyebrow. He hadn’t spoken to me before, so it surprised me that he was suddenly smiling at me widely. “You have a thing for love, don’t you?” I had no idea what he was going on about. He motioned for me to come outside with him for a moment. I pulled River into the booth, telling him I needed a break for a moment because of my leg. He didn’t bother to question me as I stole one of my crutches and hopped down from the stage.

The air was cool and calm outside. Brian had a cigarette between his lips and a sickly smirk forming as I walked out to join him. I suddenly felt scared. Matt emerged from the shadows, cracking his knuckles as I took a careful step backwards, wobbling slightly. Gulping down the lump in my throat, I managed a shaky question of why they wanted me out here. Matt smirked, looking over at Brian. My breath hitched in my throat as if someone had caught it and was holding it hostage.

This is my fuckin’ nightmare.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whatcha think's gonna happen next?
Updates mught be a lot slower than before.
Enjoy, comment, subscribe.
Do you get the pun? If so, tell me whatcha think, haha, i think it's amazing! I was actually dancing around my room screamin' "Yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayay!"
LOL
RDGD
Rainey
^_-