Status: Complete

Emotionless

Chapter Four

Once dressed in a pair of torn black skinny jeans with lace fabric in the holes, I slipped into some blue and black sneakers before sliding a white tank top over my shoulders. Molly looked at me oddly, saying that something was missing. Chewing my lip, I rummaged through Pippa’s stuff, seeing as she was still in the shower, and pulled out a Fangs Are Fantastic tank top that was a little baggier on me. Molly gave me a thumbs up, smiling from ear to ear. I giggled, putting on my microphone necklace and my black devil, woolly hat that I loved to pieces.

“You’re not seriously wearing a hat are you?” Molly whined just as Pippa came out of the bathroom, drying her hair with a towel. Pippa complimented my hate, saying it was very Kiwi-Keeley style. I spread my hands out innocently, smiling at Molly as I just said that the hat was awesometacular. No one hates the hat. Molly rolled her chocolate brown eyes and scratched her head.

As soon as Pippa finally got her clothes on after prancing around the hotel room in her bra and underwear, almost blinding me, we packed our things away quickly and headed down to the lobby. Molly was texting away to someone, her over night bag hanging from the crook her elbow as I handed the keys to the receptionist and Pippa paid for the room on her dad’s debit card. The receptionist gave my hat a funny look. I stuck my tongue out at her when Pippa and Molly weren’t looking, causing her to scoff and sneer at me.

Pippa looked up from the book she was signing and flicked her brown eyes from me to the middle aged woman sat pertly on the wheelie chair. I smiled innocently from ear to ear, twirling one of the tassels around my fingers as Pippa raised her eyebrows. Apologising quietly, Molly handed the woman back the book and the three of us walked out to Pippa’s car that waited patiently in the parking lot outside the hotel. Molly punched me in the arm playfully when we got out whereas Pippa went into full blown hysterical laughter.

“When will people learn not to hate the fucking hat?” I exclaimed, trying not to laugh as Molly slapped a hand over her lips to stop herself from laughing along with Pippa. Rolling my eyes, I grabbed Pippa’s keys and skipped over to her car, singing the Gummy Bear Song loudly as I unlocked the car. It bleeped and there was a loud click as the locks shot up. Pippa and Molly stumbled over to the car, climbing in whilst I gunned the engine.

The escalade purred beneath me. The gear stick hummed and the engine roared when I revved it up. There’s nothing like a beautifully running car purring beneath your fingertips. I loved the huge growl it created when I pressed the gas pedal, a grin appearing on my lips as I put the hand-break down and put the car in reverse. Pippa was staring out of the window, calming down again whilst Molly was looking at me oddly in the rear-view mirror. “I have a love of cars, honey. You get used to it.” I shot her a smile.

Molly flopped back into the back seat again, the leather creaking under her weight as I reversed from the spot and drove to the edge of the parking lot. The indicator bleeped annoyingly as I looked left and right. Pippa sighed loudly, causing me to giggle as I turned sharply from the junction and caused her head to hit the window which had me and Molly laughing hysterically. “Mother fucker,” Pippa muttered, rubbing her sore head.

“Yeah, your mom was sooo delicious last night. But she needs to try a few new positions.” Molly shot me a disgusted look. Pippa was laughing, hitting me in the side repeatedly as I tried to squirm away whilst keeping my eyes on the road. “Oh, we’re going straight to the bar. I can’t be arsed to go back to my apartment yet, my mom might be there.” I giggled at Pippa, giving her a thumb up as we drove faster towards the bar.

Pulling up in the bar’s parking lot, I could see a BMW and another escalade in the lot. They were both slick and black. The BMW had a smooth body with glistening black paintwork that I just wanted to run my fingertips over. The interior was dark leather that shone in the illumination of the sun that beat through the windscreen and onto the seats. Hopping out of Pippa’s Gangster vehicle, I began to prance around like a dinosaur just because I can. Molly rolled her eyes, her phone bleeping. I swear I am going to smash that thing up in a minute!

“Rawr… I’m a penguinosauras!” I sang; hopping on Pippa’s back as she stumbled with my weight. Muttering that I was a heavy little fucker, Pippa walked into the bar with Molly in pursuit. She was still texting away on the phone when Pippa dropped me on the floor and ran towards an extremely tall guy with blue eyes and a labret. His hair was pitch black and spiked up at the back with long tendril framing his face.

“Pip-squeak, we thought you weren’t gonna make it back to Huntington on time!” the guy squealed, jumping from his seat and picking Pippa from the floor. He twirled her in circles, causing her to laugh hysterically. What’s gotten into her? I hung back a little, tilting my head to the side as Pippa beckoned me over to her. Slowly, I walked over to her with one arm clutching to my elbow. “Oh, Keeley, we meet again for more than ten minutes, hopefully!” the guy I recognised as Jimmy exclaimed, moving to hug me.

When his arms wrapped around me, I felt like a little rag-doll. His chest was warm and colourful, safe even. I dangerously allowed my arms to hug him back, a smile on my lips as I breathed in his scent. It was like beer and cigarettes, mixed with something else that must have been his own scent. It wasn’t disgusting, but something I could grow used to over time. When I let go, my arms went cold but I still smiled at him. Johnny was there, too, and he stood from his chair and hugged me as well.

Three more guys entered the bar. There was Matt, who seemed to have quite the bruise from my punch, and Brian who Pippa was going to play strip poker with if I hadn’t have dragged her away, and him. His eyes were darker than last night, burning my body like hot pokers as they dotted across me. It was like he was sucking me into his mind, and I hated it. I couldn’t control myself, I smiled at him. When he smiled back, his face lit up like a glow of an angel and I felt my cheeks flush bright scarlet.

Quickly, I sat down between Pippa and Jimmy, trying to keep my head down so he wouldn’t see my blush as I picked up Jimmy’s beer and took a gulp. He looked at me, shocked. I grinned innocently, passing the bottle back to him as he chuckled and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. “By the way, I love the hat!” Jimmy whispered in my ear, causing me to giggle and play with the tassels that hung over my shoulders and bounced on my chest. No one hates the hat!
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay... Just because i want to avoid revision, I've decided one more post today won't hurt. This one goes out to Zackylicious because they've left me to comments which I love them for. Big cwtches for her, check out her stories, they're awesometacular!
Keeley's outfit, Inc. The Awesome Hat

Toonage Of The Day; Something Else by Good Charlotte