Status: Complete

Emotionless

Chapter Six

It was down to this one shot. This one shot was all it will take to determine whether I’m going to be beaten by an egotistical rock star or bring his straight down to reality with a thump. Molly and Matt were leaning against the pool table next to ours, curiously watching Zacky and I as we battled it out to become champion. The black ball was all that was left. I lined up the cue correctly, chewing my lower lip as I drew the wooden pole back with the edge resting between my thumb and forefinger. The bar was anxiously waiting. Pippa squealed, ‘Go Kiwi’ before falling about laughing.

That was when I slammed the pole forwards and hit the white ball towards the black one. It all seemed to go in slow motion as I straightened up and watched the white crash into the black. Wow, that reminded me so much of something. Brushing away the thought, I looked just in time to see the black ball fall into the pit at an alarming speed with the white one hitting the barrier and bouncing off with its speed slowing to a halt. I squealed, bouncing up and down.

Dancing around, I hugged Molly tightly before going back to pretending to being a dinosaur again. Zacky rubbed the back of his neck, admitting defeat as he chuckled. I stuck my tongue out at him, hugging a stunned looking Jimmy. He couldn’t believe that Zacky got beaten by a girl. “You, Mr Vengeance, are buying me a fuckin’ big drink now.” Zacky smiled back at me, taking my hand in his to drag me over to the bar. I gulped, looking down at our hands as he tried to lace our fingers together. Before he had a chance to melt me, I slipped my hand away from his grasp.

“Yo, Alex! Where’s the damned Smirnoff ice?” I called over to Alex who was pouring a beer into a huge glass. He tilted his head to the cooler, rolling his eyes at me as I jumped over the bar and pulled down a huge cocktail glass. Carlene laughed, tossing me an orange Bacardi Breezer and some tequila. I grinned over at Zacky who was leaning his elbows on the bar and watching me with a childlike curiosity. “You’re paying for this, by the way.” He blushed, smiling brightly as I tipped the whole Breezer into the glass.

The glass was half full by now, so I tipped in a small bottle of Smirnoff Ice and then added a shot or two of tequila. Then came the sprinkles, lemon juice and, of course, the sparkly straw. Zacky had a raised eyebrow when I finished creating my favourite drink of all time. It didn’t have a name yet, seeing as I’d just added some stuff to my creation the Ice Breezer which was Smirnoff Ice and orange Bacardi mixed up. “You’re seriously gonna drink that?” Zacky asked with a slight scoff, noticing how much alcohol I put into it.

“And you’re gonna pay for it.” I grinned, slipping from behind the bar and towards the table where JC, as he was now known and Jimmy were mocking each other. Jimmy’s eyes blew up at the sight of my drink, his eyebrows rising onto his forehead as I giggled and pushed the drink towards him to try it first. His eyes lit up, and he nodded with a grin. “I’m so amazing! I make the best damned drinks ever!” I squealed, stealing Pippa’s straw that she’d left in her drink before going off to play pool with Brian.

Zacky slid next to Johnny who soon disappeared when his phone rang. Jimmy and I were still having a drinking contest with my newest creation which caused something to flash in Zacky’s eyes. No, it couldn’t be jealousy! I thought, sucking up the last of the drink. I was starting to feel a little light-headed now, the world was spinning slightly and everything looked fuzzy and prettyful. Sitting back, I crossed my arms over my chest and smiled, satisfied.

“You have beautiful eyes,” I mumbled, tilting my head to the side and staring deeply into Zacky’s orbs as Jimmy burst into fits of laughter. Zacky chuckled, taking a gulp of his beer before thanking me for my drunken compliment. Jimmy disappeared when a short girl with caramel hair walked in with a gleeful smile. He scooped her into the air and kissed her on the lips, bouncing around like a kid who just got given a huge lollipop that size of their own head. “Well that’s the party gone,” I muttered, frowning childishly at my empty glass.

“Do you want to come for a walk? Like, on the beach? We could get something to eat if you like.” Zacky was mumbling now, causing me to narrow my eyes. But, my stomach was in knots. It tossed and churned with a nauseating lurch as the drunken high faded away to being sober. I tilted my head to the side, battling with my mind and heart to debate on whether or not I should go for a walk with him. Pippa must have over heard us from her spot by the pool table because, when I looked towards her, she was urging me on with her hands.

I sighed. “Um, I guess so.” Zacky smiled widely. Standing from the chair, I smoothed down my shirt and walked with Zacky towards the exit. If he tried anything with me, I swear he’d suffer the same fate as his friend…
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohhh... what's gonna happen on the walk? Well, I dunno 'bout you lot, but I know that's it's the calm before a huge storm of drama comes along in the next few chapters! Thanks to all my subscribers and to my commenters!

Exams started today, had a French and English exam.... English was easy... French was just plain boring and hard... I had a craving to write; Je vu de llama, qui mangette du fromage (I saw a Llama eating cheese...) hehe!

RDGD
Rainey
xxx ^O^