Status: Complete

Emotionless

Chapter Seven

The air was cool against my arms, goose-bumps rising across my skin and making it rough as I rubbed my hands up and down them in an attempt to warm them up. Zacky had tried several times to wrap an arm around my waist or press a hand to the small of my back but only earned a sour glare as I slapped his hand away. I could see that it was hurting him. But, why should I allow some rock star into my life like if he is only gonna tear my heart apart without a second thought. Zacky looked over at me, noticing that I was trying to warm myself up and offered me his hoody that had been slung over one arm.

“No, it’s fine. I can look after myself,” I mumbled sharply, rubbing a little more forcefully on my arms as he frowned for a moment. I looked up at him, seeing that he was watching me intently. If I were him, that would have been the last straw and I would have walked away but he didn’t. Instead, he walked with me towards a little bakery that I’d never known existed in Huntington. “Since when did they construct this place and how did I not know it was here?”

“It’s a little place that I found when I was a teen. They do the best blueberry muffins known to man,” Zacky explained, opening the door for me. I stepped inside, blushing over something stupid as him holding open a door for me to walk through first. Once inside, he motioned a hand towards a brown leather sofa and asked me what I wanted. I just said a coffee and wandered over to the sofa, curling my legs up onto the squishiness.

The place reminded me of Pippa’s parent’s living room. There were bookcases stood on the wall next to me and the little café was illuminated by a yellow light that cast a warm glow through the empty place. The leather was cold under my legs, and nipped at my bare arms. Zacky returned moments later with a smile and two round mugs with twirls of cream on top. One had sprinkles and a cherry whilst the other just had sprinkles. Setting them down on the wooden table in front of us, Zacky sat down carefully next to me and handed me the mug with the cherry.

“I thought you should try the hot chocolate instead, it’s not good to have coffee this late,” he said through his smile. I cautiously took the mug from his extended hand, cupping them within my smaller ones whilst trying to avoid touching him. But, as I curled my right hand around the mug, my fingertips brushed his hand which still held to the mug in case I dropped it. I blushed again, grabbing a tea-spoon and ladling the cream and sprinkles into my mouth. “You still cold?”

“I’m fine.” My voice was a little sharper than what I intended it to be, but, Zacky didn’t flinch. Instead, he just chuckled and pushed his hoody onto my lap with that stupid smile that caused butterflies to fill my stomach. Sighing in defeat, I set the mug down and slipped the hood over my head. The fabric smelled so strongly of Zacky that I swore I could taste it. I found myself snuggling into it discreetly, wrapping my arms around my waist with the sleeves dropping off my hands.

“Awe, you look so cute in my jumper,” Zacky cooed, pinching my cheek softly as I blushed, yet, still holding a glare. Zacky chuckled, nudging his shoulder into mine as I cleared my throat and pulled my hair from the back of the hood. His jumper stunk of cigarettes and alcohol, so I concentrated on that to make myself repulse him. But, alas, I found myself breathing in deeply to feel his own natural scent that caused my head to spin like a washing machine. “You have cream on your nose.” I set my mug down on the table and went cross eyed as I tried to see where it was.

Zacky leaned in and kissed my nose, causing me to blush harder and turn away from him. I reaching into my pocket, I scooped out a compact and checked to see if it was all gone. Zacky saw that I was trying to hide myself and chuckled. I turned my head towards him, shooting a sharp glare which was only returned with an innocent smile. We were quiet for a long moment before his hand slid up and caught my chin, pulling my face close to his.

I could see deep into his green eyes. They were like little gems shining brightly in the lighting of the café. His breath fanned across my lips, his fingers still hooked on my chin. Zacky’s fingers were rough against my skin, obviously the callus he’d formed over time from playing guitar. I should know; I have it too. It stops your fingers from hurting when you press down the chords. Well, that was what Mr Flanagan taught me in High School. Shit, I’m babbling to myself and his lips are getting closer and closer to mine. Do I want this? Do I like him that way? Should I let him kiss me?

Taking a deep breath, I shut my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Right, because Chapter Six is just a filler, i decided to give you something better... okay? Enjoy! Comment and Subscribe because it makes me happy! Lolicles!