Status: Complete

Emotionless

Chapter Eight

Zacky’s lips were so close to mine I could taste them. The plump flesh was open slightly, ready. He was so close, I could feel his body warmth through his hooded jumper that still hung over my body heavily; so close I could feel the coolness of his metal rings singing across my lips. I shut my eyes after a long breath and neared him too. Our lips were just about to touch when my phone sang loudly in my pocket. Love Song by Four Years Strong sang loudly, causing me to blush as I tore away from Zacky to answer it.

I watched with a guilty stab in my stomach as Zacky sighed and flopped back onto the sofa. I turned away, pressing the answer button as I held the phone to my ear. Wincing at how loud River’s voice was over what seemed to be music, I asked him what was wrong. “Kiwi!” he yelled; a smile obvious in his voice as I let my legs fall back onto the floor. “You gotta get down here! My DJ just called and said he can’t do tonight and I want you to come down and try out those techniques!” I knew what he was on about. The club that he managed down town. I smiled widely.

“Sure, doll. I’ll be there in twenty! Love you,” I squealed. Zacky gave me an odd look, what looked like pain in his eyes. I clapped excitedly, texting Pippa to tell her the news about my newly informed of gig at Masquerade. Zacky asked me what happened and I looked up at him with the brightest smile I’ve ever had on my lips, grabbing his cheeks and planting a kiss on his cheek. “I gotta go! It’s really important. Thanks for the coffee, I might see yah round.”

Zacky opened his mouth to say something, but closed it again as I scrambled up from the sofa and was about to tear off the hoody. Zacky pulled my hands away from the hem of the jumper, smiling at me. “Keep it for now; it’ll give me an excuse to come see you.” I blushed, thanking him quietly before skipping out of the café just as Pippa rolled up on the side of the road in her escalade with Molly in the shot gun. The guys were gone, but Pippa yelled to Zacky from her spot that they were back at the bar waiting for him. Zacky thanked her and went in the opposite direction to me.

“Bitch, you stole the poor guy’s hoody!” Pippa giggled, looking at me in the rear-view mirror as I blushed and straightened myself out. Molly turned in her seat, smiling knowingly at me as I just blushed even harder. I was too excited to flip her off. Molly squealed, watching me play with a loose tendril of cotton on the sleeve of Zacky’s jumper, obviously seeing something I couldn’t. “Awe, has Kiwi got a crush?” Pippa glanced at me in the rear view mirror.

“No!” I protested pathetically. “Men are sexist, horny, one-track-minded, squished banana faced bigots that deserve to have their dicks chopped off and rammed down their throat until they die of choking with blood spewing from every crevice it can in an attempt to loosen their dicks from their throats whilst they writhe in pure agony.” The car pulled up in the parking lot as soon as I’d finished, a deathly silence falling across the vehicle as both Pippa and Molly turned in their seats to look at me with freaked out expressions.

“Wow. Someone’s feeling poetic today,” Pippa finally said vaguely. It was the first time the two had been this quiet since I’d met them. And that’s something. I grinned proudly, causing Pippa to giggle as Molly still looked at me like she’d just been stunned with an electric prod they use on sheep in murder warehouses. “Come on, Eminimen; let’s get you in there for this awesome show! I got church in the morning.” Pippa climbed out of the driver’s seat, followed closely by me and a sluggish Pippa.

“I think you need to go to church again, too. You seem to need serious repenting for God to forgive you for saying something like that,” Molly said quietly as we walked around the back of the club that led towards the offices. I stared at her with a quirked eyebrow, causing Pippa to splutter with laughter. Molly glared at the two of us. “Why do you two never take me seriously?! Just because I like waking up early every Sunday and dressing in my best clothes to go to church with my family and believe that there is a god, doesn’t make me a freak! I thought you two were my friends!”

“No, no! Molly, please!” But it was too late. Molly stormed away from the club, leaving Pippa and I dumbfounded. I stared at Pippa and she stared back, the two of us deathly silent. My earlier excitement had turned into pure guilt as I watched the small girl fade into the darkness. I had a choice now, as I stared down at the text I’d just received from River. I could either go inside, and pursue my music career or I could go after my friend and ruin my chances of becoming a DJ. Chewing the flesh of my lip, I tried to determine which I should do...
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? It's gotta be the best day of the week today, I just heard a preview of Avenged's new single, Nightmare, on myspace. Oh... My... Fucking... Cheese.... It's out on the eighteenth of May, that's a week today (tuesday) on iTunes and all other DSPs, just so you know!!! Tell Me Whatcha Think Of This Chappie, please!!
RDGD
Rainey

P.S, thanks for reading