Status: Active: I will post pretty much every day!

Lets Get This Over With

Here Goes Nothing

I opened the refrigerator and grabbed a water bottle. I looked to see if there was something in there that I could eat. It looked like my mom hadn’t gone grocery shopping in a while. Giving up, I slipped my hand into my pocket and pulled out the tiny slip of paper Mr. Day had given me.

Good, I thought to myself, scanning over the address. There house is only a few blocks away.

I knew that Mrs. Halstead, who lived next door, would give me a ride if I really needed her to, but I always felt bad asking her. My mom basically worked late every day, and if I there was some place I had to be I had to go beg the neighbors. It was horrible, but luckily Mrs. Halstead was so nice.

I looked at the clock. Mr. Day had told me they were expecting me right after school. I should probably start heading over since it was already past 3:30. I wasn’t too sure how soon after school I should get there, but I would have to go eventually. Sighing I grabbed my bag and locked the door on the way out.

Their house wasn't that far, but I hadn’t been down there that often. I knew I wouldn't get lost since I was pretty good with directions but I was also hoping there house wouldn't be too hard to find. That would be embarrassing if I walked up to the wrong house. With these thoughts in my mind, I quickly took the slip of paper out of my pocket and read it to myself three more times, eventually memorizing the numbers written there.

Eventually I turned on the street that the Jonas' lived on. I read the numbers on all the houses until I saw theirs; an average-sized white house with a small garden in front. I turned to face the driveway and took a deep breath.

Here goes nothing, I said to myself.

I walked up the sidewalk to the front door and rang the doorbell. As I waited for someone to answer, I was hoping no one would. Maybe they weren't home. Maybe Joe didn't need a tutor. Maybe...

"Hi. You must be Elizabeth," a woman with dark curly hair said as she opened the door. She was smiling and looked genuinely happy to see me. I was guessing that she was Mrs. Jonas and that she was relieved Joe was getting a tutor.

"Uh...yeah. It's Lizzie, actually, not Elizabeth," I said as I held out my hand and she shook it.

"Well it's very nice to meet. I'm so glad that you could come over today and that you will be able to continue coming over." She smiled, if possible, even wider and stepped to the side. "Please come in. I'm Mrs. Jonas, Joe's mom, but you can call me Denise."

"Thanks, Denise," I said as I stepped into their house.

I looked around and saw that it was really just your average home. There were a few pictures scattered around the walls, some of the family and some were artwork. Flowers were sitting on a little table off to the side. All in all, a lot homier than the place I had just came from. I could tell Mrs. Jonas didn’t spend all her time working but actually spent time with her family.

"Joe, come down here please," Mrs. Jonas called up the staircase that was off to the right of the doorway.

I noticed a younger boy hiding behind her legs. He seemed very interested in what was going on but also pretty shy. I smiled and squatted down.

"Hi, I'm Lizzie," I said holding out my hand to him. "What's your name?"

"Frankie," he told me holding up his hand.

"It's very nice to meet you, Frankie," I replied as I shook it. “And how old are you, Frankie?”

“Four,” he answered proudly, as he held up that amount of fingers. “But I’m going to be five soon.”

“Well, both of those are very good ages.”

He smiled at me and ran into another room. I could hear a T.V. in the background so I guessed that was where he was heading. I stood back up and noticed another boy in the room. He had dark curly hair just like Mrs. Jonas, but could have only been a few years younger than me. My standing must have caught his attention because he looked up from the magazine he was reading.

"Uh...hi,” he greeted, looking at me strangely. Probably had reason since he didn’t know who I was and might not know why I was standing in his house.

"Hi, I'm Lizzie," I stated.

"Oh yeah, Joe's tutor," he said smirking before I could continue with my introduction. I guess he did know why I was there and it obviously amused him that I was needed.

"Yeah," I replied laughing.

"I'm Nick."

He went back to reading and walked through the same door as Frankie, still smiling to himself. I wondered how much he had been making fun of Joe. It seemed like something he would do.

"Now that you've met everyone except the person your here for..." Denise said, sighing, as I turned my attention back towards her. She walked over towards the stairs. "Joseph Jonas! I know you can hear me. Come down!"

From upstairs I heard a muffled, "Coming, coming," then the opening of a door. Then Joe was at the top of the stairs and coming down. He looked up and saw me.

"Hi," I said smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks again to everyone who has subscribed. There is already 5 of you! I'm glad that you all want to continue reading the story. It would make me really happy if people could comment though! There's already been two chapters and no one has said a word. I'm probably only going to post a few more chapters if it continues like this because I need feedback. Still love you all and thanks for reading!

<3 Lex