Status: Active: I will post pretty much every day!

Lets Get This Over With

Just Math

Beep, Beep I heard a car honking from my driveway.

I quickly grabbed my bag off the kitchen counter and ran out the door. Mrs. Wynn and Liz were parked and waiting for me in my driveway. It was great that Mrs. Wynn could pick me up every morning so I didn’t have to take the bus, which was a horrible experience if you didn’t know. As I approached the minivan after locking up the house behind me, the door started automatically opening. I jumped in next to Cara and put my bag on the floor by my feet.

"Good morning, Lizzie," Mrs. Wynn said looking at me through her rear view mirror as she pressed the button to close the door I had just come through.

"Good morning,” I smiled. “Thank you so much, again, for driving me."

"Oh, no problem, sweetie. It’s my pleasure."

I turned around to face Cara. I had to ask her about the history homework we had last night. Usually, it’s not that difficult but there was one answer I just could not find in the book. However, when I turned towards her, she was sitting there staring at me expectantly.

"Yes?" I asked, wondering what on earth she could want. Did she have trouble with the homework as well? That would be horrible, because then I would never get the answer to my question.

"So..." she started.

"So what?" I asked, not understanding what she wanted to know.

She sighed throwing her hands in the air. I shook my head. She always told me I was being over dramatic. She was the one who thought everything was such a big deal. And, on top of it, did things like this.

"So...what happened yesterday? You know, with you tutoring Joe?" she asked, excitedly.

"Oh, um...I taught him math for a few hours. There's not really that much to know about it all, Car."

She sighed again. Her whole attitude about this situation was really starting to frustrate me. She always thought there were more to things than there actually were.

"Come on, Liz. There has to be something. You know he is one of the most popular sophomore guys and maybe even one of the most popular guys in the entire school. Basically every girl wants to date him and you get to spend all your afternoons with him."

"Ooh, and by "every girl" do you mean you?" I laughed. Could Cara really like Joe?

"Ugh, no." She replied. Glancing at her mother, she leaned in closer and whispered in my ear, "You know who I would love to date."

I laughed again. That was true. Ever since Cara had moved here at the end of eighth grade she had had the biggest crush on John Randal. He was a freshman, just like we were, but was already on the varsity swimming team this year. I wasn’t going to lie; he was pretty cute as well.

"Liz, you have to have more gossip than you just taught him math. That is the most boring story ever. Is that all you guys talked about? And what is he really like, you know, outside of school?"

"Why do you even care, Car?" I asked even though I already knew the answer to that question.

"I just want to know. It’s because I care about you. Come on, Liz, give me something."
I laughed at Cara’s response. I mean, she’s my best friend so of course she should care about me, but Cara always needed to know everything. That’s the real reason she was asking so many questions. It wasn't that she was a huge gossip. She actually never told anyone but me any of the information she found out from other people and never told anyone the things I told her. It was just some strange trait of hers that she needed to know all the information about everything. It was probably one of the reasons she was always getting such good grades.

"Fine! I'll tell you "everything."" I exclaimed as I I grabbed my bag off the floor. Mrs. Wynn was just pulling up next to the school doors. I opened the door when the car stopped and jumped out onto the sidewalk.

"Bye, Mrs. Wynn. Thanks again."

"Bye, Mom." Cara called already turning around to face me.

I started talking; knowing that there would be no way Cara would let me blow over any information. I told her about how nice his mom was, and how his brothers were pretty cool too, especially Nick who shared my interest of piano. I also told her how he wasn't that different at home than at school except maybe even more crazy, if that was possible. Then I told her how he was going to start teaching me how to play guitar, but I had to teach him how to play piano. I was just talking about dinner, when the five minute bell rang before the start of school.

"Is that enough information for you, Car?" I asked, letting my sarcasm slip in.

She just stared at me for a few seconds. Then her stare quickly turned into a glare. "That is way more than just math! You were totally going to hold out on me. How dare you!?"

"Whatever," I laughed. "I'll see you later, Car."

I walked towards my first class of the day, History. How exciting...not. And I just remembered that I never asked Cara about the homework because of her thirst for knowledge. I sighed as I turned down the hallway. I hadn’t taken more than two steps when I heard my name being called.

"Lizzie!"

I turned towards the sound and saw Joe waving at me. I laughed and waved back. He started walking towards me. Since we still had a few minutes before first period started and I was pretty close to my classroom, I stopped and waited for him. Then I noticed that following behind him was Tammy, and if looks could kill, I would have been dead on the spot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's your next chapter. Sorry it's a day late but my internet decided to stop working for the past few days. Now that it's back up I'll try to get a second chapter up today...but only if I get a comment or two. If not, the next chapter will be coming tomorrow...or maybe the next day. Love you guys, thanks for reading.

<3 Lex