Status: Complete.

Never Regret

Kiss

“Okay, seeing as it’s Mack’s 21st birthday today, we want you guys to sing at the top of your lungs to our next song. This is Skyway Avenue,” Logan grinned.

JC started playing, then Logan and I joined in, the Logan started singing.

“She said lets change our luck,
This night is all we got,
Drive fast until ,
We crash this dead-end life.
Sweet dreams that won't come true,
I'd leave it all for you,
Brick walls are closing in,
Let's make a run tonight.

Blinded by the lights,
Hold you through forever,
Won't let you go.

[Chorus:]
'Cause if you jump I will jump too,
We will fall together from the buildings ledge,
Never looking back at what,
We've done,
We'll say it was love,
'Cause I would die for you on Skyway Avenue.

She said don't change your mind,
Let's leave this town behind,
We'll race right off the cliff,
They will remember this.
It all got so mundane,
With you I'm back again,
Just take me by the hand,
We're close to the edge.

Blinded by the lights,
Hold you through forever,
Won't let you go.

[Chorus:]
'Cause if you jump I will jump too,
We will fall together from the buildings ledge,
Never looking back at what ,
We've done.
We'll say it was love,
'Cause I would die for you on Skyway Avenue.

Where are your guts to fly?
Soaring through, through the night,
And if you take that last step,
I'll follow you.
Leave the ledge and fly,
We're finally alive.

Cause if you jump, I will jump too,
We will fall together from the buildings ledge,
Never looking back at what we've done,
We'll say it was love.
Cause I would die for you on Skyway Avenue,
So what's left to prove,
We have made it through,”

We ended on a chord to a roar from the crowd. Okay, this is officially the best birthday ever. Then JC grinned at me. Next was our cover song. Well, it was by Framing Hanley, who’d done a cover of a Lil’ Wayne song. The original version is pretty shitty in my opinion, but Framing Hanley had made it listenable. Actually, they’d made it awesome. Framing Hanley were a favourite band of mine, and I’d kinda introduced Reece to them. Big mistake. Reece was obsessed with the Framing Hanley version of the song at the moment and had begged us to do the cover. So here we are.

“Okay, next is a cover song. This is a new one for us, so blame Reece if you don’t like it,” Logan grinned.

“Hey!” Reece protested playfully.

“This is Lollipop, by Framing Hanley,” Logan introduced.

JC started playing. It was only him until Logan started singing, and Reece and I wouldn’t come in till the chorus.

“She said he’s so sweet ,
I wanna lick the wrapper,

And she, she licked me,
Like a lollipop,
Like a lollipop.

[Chorus:]
Shorty wanna thug,
Bottles in the club,
Shorty wanna hump,
You know I like to touch,
Ya lovely lady lumps.
Shorty wanna thug,
Bottles in the club,
Shorty wanna hump,
You know I like to touch,
Ya lovely lady lumps...”

*

“Alriiiiiiiight! Let’s get Mack’s birthday party started!” Gabe hollered.

I laughed, holding onto JC and Michael’s shoulders tightly as I stood on top of one of the stools. Seeing as we were in Boise, Idaho, Pete had hired out a club for us after the gig, and all three bands, the roadies, the technicians and everyone that worked in the venue was in here. And yes, today was September 15th – my 21st birthday. I was quite happy with staying on my bus for a movie night, but everyone else had protested. So I gave in, letting Taylor dress me up. I didn’t mind my outfit, actually. It was a strapless dark red tube dress with a zip running all the way down the middle, and I wore a leather jacket over the top. The rest of my outfit consisted of red eyeshadow, black eyeliner, red lipstick, a black choker necklace, red and black jewellery, black high heels and a black bag. I looked pretty rock and roll, so I’m happy. Running a hand through my straightened hair, I gulped as I saw a wave of shots coming my way.

Yes, another thing I’d given into was drinking tonight. I have a feeling I’m going to regret it.

*

It was hours later. To be honest I’d lost track of time. No, I wasn’t drunk, just buzzed. I remember everything that’s happened tonight perfectly. Right now I was on the dancefloor with Taylor, the both of us dancing crazily. But then Reece appeared behind her, and she lost herself grinding against him. Great, I’m on my own. Then a pair of hands slid around my waist from behind, and I looked up to see Gabe. Okay, maybe I’m not on my own.

“Can’t have the birthday girl dancing alone, can we?” he purred into my ear.

The slur in his voice was so heavy that it made me giggle. Gabe pressed his body completely up against mine, holding me tightly to him with his hands firmly on my waist. His hands weren’t wandering so I was okay with it, swaying and grinding softly with him, one of my hands reaching backwards around his neck. But as the song changed to a faster one, he started grinding harder against me. My cheeks flushed slightly as I felt something hard pressing into my ass. This was slightly awkward.

“Uh, Gabe?” I asked said loudly over the music.

“Mm, bonita?” he murmured, leaning his head down to my ear.

“You’re getting hard,” I said bluntly.

Gabe just chuckled and started pressing kisses into my neck.

“I know,” he smirked.

Okay, now I’m uncomfortable. I tried getting out of Gabe’s arms, but he held on tight.

“Gabe, let me go,” I said firmly..

But Gabe didn’t listen. I must’ve had distress on my face, because the next thing I know, a set of hands had grabbed mine and I was being guided away from the dancefloor, a little too quickly for my shoes to be able to walk in. I had to focus on walking straight in the high heels, but finally looked up when I got outside, surprised to see Michael. It was pretty much pitch black outside now, but I could tell we were in the smoking area out the back. I couldn’t see anyone else.

“Are you okay?” Michael frowned, “How much have you drunk?”

“I’m fine. And I haven’t drunk that much, I’m just buzzed,” I insisted.

Michael just raised an eyebrow.

“I promise you I’m fine. But thank you for getting me away from Gabe. I think he’s drunk too much,” I said softly.

“He shouldn’t have had his hands all over you like that. It was obvious you didn’t like it,” Michael grumbled.

“No, it was pretty awkward grinding on his erection,” I admitted.

“What?” Michael hissed.

“Calm down. We were grinding, after all,” I said firmly.

Michael scowled but nodded. I’d never seen this protective side of him before. Clearly the alcohol brought it out.I liked it.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Michael asked again.

“Yeah, I’m fine. In fact, I’m great,” I grinned, throwing my arms up in the air.

Michael just laughed, shaking his head in amusement. I suppose he hasn’t seen me with alcohol before, even though I’m not drunk. I giggled and leant against the wall, shivering slightly against the early morning cold. Michael shrugged his jacket off, making me blush as he draped it over my shoulders.

“Thanks. But you’ll be cold,” I frowned, glancing at his plain white t-shirt.

“I guess I’ll just have to stay close to you then, won’t I?” Michael said with a small smirk.

I rolled my eyes to keep my blush at bay, but I failed as he stood in front of me, trapping me between the wall and his body without even touching me. In silence he pulled me against his chest in a hug, his arms wrapped around me. Well, I’m not going to complain about the extra body warmth, I’d left my leather jacket inside somewhere.

“You look beautiful tonight, Kenzie,” Michael said softly, running his fingers through my hair.

I just blushed, keeping my head against his chest. A brief comfortable silence passed, Michael just stroking my hair as I listened to his heartbeat.

“Are you having a good birthday?” Michael smiled.

I lifted my head, looking into his blue eyes.

“Yeah, I am. I mean, I’ve never been away from home or from Jasmine, but it’s been really great. It’s really great right now,” I murmured, biting my bottom lip.

Michael seemed stuck for words. I don’t know what came over me, but I had the urge to press my lips to his. So I did, kissing him slowly but sweetly. Michael didn’t respond, so I pulled away with a frown.

“Did I do something wrong?” I asked quietly.

“N-No, Kenzie. But you shouldn’t kiss me when you’ve been drinking. Your judgements are clouded,” Michael said weakly.

“I’m sober enough to know exactly what I’m doing, Michael,” I insisted.

Michael didn’t say anything, so I cupped my hands around his face.

“I want you to kiss me,” I said firmly.

Michael whimpered before crashing his lips to mine. I groaned softly as his body pressed mine against the wall, our lips moving hungrily and furiously. This was...magical. His lips created a fire that I never knew could exist. His hands left tingles wherever they touched. I slid my tongue into his mouth, tangling it with his. The lust and passion in our embrace was sending me to heights I’d never been to before. I didn’t want this to end, because I knew I would crave him the second our lips lost contact. Michael’s hands started running down my body as our mouths moved in sync, over my chest, my waist and onto my ass, his hands cupping slightly, enough to make me gasp and him to chuckle.

But that chuckle seemed to break a trance. I quickly broke the kiss, my eyes wide with shock. What had I done? Getting close to someone again was a mistake. A big one. Michael was breathing quickly but he had confusion in his eyes.

“What’s wrong, Kenzie?” he asked softly, tracing his thumb over my cheekbone.

“I-I should go,” I stammered.

“What?” Michael frowned.

I ducked under his arm and threw his jacket to him, before walking quickly back inside the club, ignoring him calling after me. I headed straight for the bar, ordering two double Jack Daniels and cola. I needed something to get rid of the feeling of his lips against mine. I needed something that would make me forget how much I wanted him. How much I liked what just happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mackenzie's birthday outfit
Lollipop, by Framing Hanley (watch it, you need to see the difference from the original; song starts 2 minutes in)
Skyway Avenue, We The Kings

So, this one was exciting =]
Uh, and I can't promise it'll be rosy from here on...
I'm considering putting this on slow active, because although there are dedicated readers (thank you so much!), there still aren't as many as my other stories. Maybe updates will be once a week?

Comments please!
xo