Status: Complete.

Never Regret

Homesick.

Okay, so today was our last day in Vegas. Everyone had just decided to have a day in the hotel, because we didn’t know when we’d get one again. Taylor and I had decided to head down to the pool. Well, I wasn’t that fussed about what we did, but seeing as it’s Taylor’s birthday I let her decide. Taylor was wearing a baby blue bandeau bikini with a pair of short shorts and a baggy white t-shirt over the top, while I’m wearing a black and hot pink halterneck bikini, with stars and stripes on. I’d just thrown on a white strapless beach dress over the top and put in three silver stud earrings in each ear as well as my normal Monroe stud and lip ring. Nice and simple.

But when we got down to the pool, we realised we weren’t the only ones with this idea. Not randomers, no. The hotel was only for people off the tour for the day. But already in the pool were Michael, Mike, Adam, Gabe, William and Pete. Reece and JC were stripping off their t-shirts at the side of the pool.

“Women!” Gabe hollered.

I flipped him my middle finger as everyone laughed.

“Where’s Logan?” I asked JC, kicking off my back flip flops.

“Having phone sex with your sister,” JC grimaced.

Fuck. I was meant to call her today. I’ll just have to do it before mine and Taylor’s sleepover tonight.

“Nasty,” Taylor laughed, pulling her t-shirt over her head.

Reece stared at her unashamedly at her chest, and I rolled my eyes. Men. I shimmied out of my beach dress, ignoring the catcalls from the pool area. JC chuckled and walked over to the pool, diving in. With a deep breath, I turned around, facing the other band members. I blushed lightly at Michael’s dropped jaw, but walked over to the pool. With a grin I bombed in, splashing water everywhere. Resurfacing, I smoothed my hair away from my face, laughing at their shocked faces. I walked slowly over to Michael, biting my lip at his still-shocked expression.

“Something wrong?” I asked, sliding my arms round his shoulders.

Michael whimpered but shook his head, wrapping his arms round my waist.

“Dude, with your practically naked body pressed against his and wet? I’m surprised Chizzy’s still functioning,” Adam snorted.

Michael growled at his friend, only earning laughter.

“Do I really have that effect on you?” I mused.

Michael dipped his head to my ear, kissing the lobe lightly.

“You have no idea,” he murmured.

I giggled, biting my bottom lip. I felt kinda...good to have that kind of physical control.

“You look beautiful without all your make-up on. Even though you look stunning when you do all your fancy eyeliner and eyeshadow. Plus, I haven’t seen you in this little clothing. It’s too bad I have to share the sight with all these douches,” Michael sighed mockingly.

“Hey!” Mike protested, floating past on his back.

We just laughed. I leant my head up and pressed my lips gently to Michael’s, encouraging a slow but sweet response. Michael smiled against my lips and slid his tongue past my lips, softly massaging my tongue with his. My heart started beating just a little faster, and I knew Michael could feel it. This kiss was perfect. He was just so perfect.

“Canonball!” Reece roared.

I pulled away from Michael, laughing as Reece landed in the pool, sending water everywhere. Taylor jumped in after him, a little more graceful. Michael chuckled and turned me around in his arms so he had me wrapped around from behind, and pressed a kiss to the top of my head before resting his chin there. I’m so lucky to have him.

*

[Much later on that evening]

Mackenzie: Yeah, I called my sister.
Michael: Ah good. Was she okay?
Mackenzie: Uh huh, everything’s fine back home. They just miss me a lot. Especially Jasmine.
Michael: You miss them too, huh?
Mackenzie: That obvious?

Michael chuckled and I smiled weakly, even though he couldn’t see it.

Michael: A little bit. But you’re doing all this for Jasmine, so you’ve got to remember that.
Mackenzie: I know, it’s just hard being away from my daughter for so long.
Michael: You’ll see her again before you know it, Kenzie.
Mackenzie: Yeah, I know. Anyway, I’d better get back to Taylor’s sleepover.
Michael: Alright, I’ll see you in the morning. Don’t have too much fun!
Mackenzie: I’ll try! Goodnight.
Michael: Goodnight beautiful.

I blushed slightly as I ended the call, turning around to face Taylor. We’d been back for an hour or so, and I’d immediately called my sister, speaking with her for about 45 minutes before she had to go out to her night shift job at a bar. Then I called Michael for 15 minutes, because I’d promised to call him before the sleepover. Taylor and I were on the floor of the room we shared, all the duvets and blankets and pillows we could find piled underneath us and around us. I had changed into my pyjamas, a grey tank top and shorts with Animal from The Muppets on.

“Sorry,” I apologised.

“Hey, don’t sweat it. It’s cute that he cares so much,” Taylor teased.

I rolled my eyes, blushing a little more.

“Aww,” Taylor crooned.

“Enough! Okay, so what are we starting with?” I chuckled, swatting at her playfully.

“Well, I’m thinking we put a DVD on my laptop, and while we watch it we can do face masks and paint each others’ nails. Then, when the nails are dry we can peel off the face masks, before eating all the loverly junk food that Reece got us. Then we put another movie in and watch it. Then we can gossip and then we can watch another movie,” Taylor grinned.

“Wow, you really planned all this out, huh?” I mused.

“Well, you’re my best girl friend, Mack, and we haven’t spent much one-on-one time together. I know it’s totally cool though coz we’ve been busy, but I miss hanging with you alone,” Taylor shrugged.

“Aww Tay!” I chuckled.

I pulled her into a hug, kissing her forehead. Bless her.

“Alrighty, let’s start!” Taylor said excitedly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mackenzie in the pool
Mackenzie for the sleepover

Okay, there's some big drama coming up, just so you're warned.
Big BIG drama =]
So I thought I'd put in a cute one for now!
Comments please!
xo