Status: Complete.

Never Regret

Press.

There’s just over a week left in October, and we still have two gigs to play. Right now we’re in Albuquerque, New Mexico, having travelled for 7 and a half hours to get here from Phoenix, Arizona, a few days back. Michael and I are still going good, although I think JC talked to him about what I’d confessed on my bus last week, because Michael has been a little less clingy. So we’re really good.
He just makes me feel so special, y’know? Like I’m the only girl in the world, and that I’m a real fucking princess. I haven’t felt like this before, especially not with Joseph. I’m falling hard for Michael Guy Chislett. Really fucking hard.

Today is beautiful and sunny, and we’ve just finished rehearsal for the day. Our gig is in two days time, so Pete said we can just have the rest of the day off. A few of us have decided to go into the city for a late lunch. A few of us including me, Michael, Taylor, Reece, William, Gabe and Nate. I knew with William and Gabe acting as crazy as they always do that we’ll get noticed, so there was no point in taking sunglasses in attempt to disguise myself. Yeah, I still get freaked by people that recognise me, even though Never Regret isn’t nearly as famous as Cobra Starship or The Academy Is.

“You know, Albuquerque is where the High School Musical films were based,” Taylor said cheerfully, skipping around in the sunshine.

We all groaned, rolling our eyes. High School Musical? Really?

“Dude, why do you let your girl watch shit like that?” Gabe complained to Reece.

“It keeps her quiet,” Reece shrugged.

“Hey! You said you liked them!” Taylor protested.

“Uh...” Reece said guiltily.

We all cracked up laughing as Taylor pouted.

“For lying to me, you’re going to have to give me a piggy back ride all the way to wherever we eat,” Taylor said dramatically.

Reece chuckled and ducked down a bit, letting Taylor climb on his back like a monkey.

“I’ll make it up to you later,” Reece growled lightly.

Taylor giggled. Eww gross. Looks like Logan, JC and I will be bunking on another bus tonight! I turned my head to face the nympho couple, grimacing as Taylor bit down on his neck and Reece moaned loudly.

“In public? Seriously?” William chuckled.

“Fine, we’ll tone it down,” Reece sighed mockingly.

Michael smiled down at me, pecking my lips in a kiss. I blushed lightly, squeezing our linked hands. I know it’s a risk acting so open in public, but it’s been 3 weeks since we made it official, so I think I’m ready to take that risk. I think.

It didn’t take us long to get to a small restaurant, but I felt like we were being followed the entire way. It’s probably just my paranoia kicking in though. We sat down in the pretty much empty restaurant, gladly accepting the menus from the waiter. I’ll admit, he was kinda cute, but he has nothing on Michael.

“I’ll be back for your orders in a few minutes,” the waiter announced.

He winked at me, which Michael noticed, before walking away.

“What the fuck?” Michael growled.

“What?” Nate frowned.

“The waiter just fucking winked at Kenzie,” Michael spat.

“Aww someone’s jealous,” Gabe taunted.

“Just chill. I’m with you, that’s what matters,” I emphasised.

Michael huffed, but nodded. Bless him. I scanned over the Italian menu, deciding on a three cheese ravioli and sparkling water. Well, there’s no use in drinking alcohol this early in the day though, is there? The waiter came back a few minutes later, and took everyone’s orders. Yup, it’s official. He’s a creeper.

“If there’s anything else you want, or need, don’t hesitate to let me know,” he announced.

Although he was saying this to the entire group, the waiter only looked at me. Michael’s hand gripped my thigh a little harder.

“We will, don’t worry,” Michael said with a fake-smile.

Then Michael turned his head and pressed his lips firmly to mine. I was shocked, but I couldn’t help but respond eagerly, his kiss electrifying me like always. Our friends laughed around us, but I ignored them, too pre-occupied with Michael’s lips massaging my own. After a little while, Michael pulled away, looking at me with slight guilt in his eyes.

“Sorry, I just didn’t like the way he was looking at you,” Michael apologised softly.

“I know, babe, but there’s no need to get territorial. I’m with you,” I chuckled.

“Yeah, Chizzy, you’re the only one tapping that,” William grinned.

Gabe high-fived William as Michael and I blushed furiously. Obviously we weren’t sleeping together yet, but still. I laughed along with Nate, Reece and Taylor, smiling as our drinks arrived with another server. This was the life.

*

I was woken up the next morning by my sidekick ringing loudly. Like I’d thought, Reece and Taylor claimed the Never Regret bus as theirs for the night, so I was in Michael’s bunk while JC and Logan shared the pull-out bed in the TAI back lounge. I flipped it open, frowning at my sister’s caller ID.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you and Michael are an item?” she squealed.

“What the fuck?” I groaned, rubbing my eyes.

I sighed as Michael stirred, not meaning to wake him up.

“Dude, it’s all over the gossip columns. Pictures of you and Michael, and a whole fucking article,” Lisa explained.

“WHAT?!” I shrieked.

I heard groans from the other bunks, but I didn’t care. I leapt out of Michael’s bunk and ran into the main lounge, opening the nearest laptop.

“What site?” I growled.

“Chill, sis, please,” Lisa begged.

“What site?” I repeated.

She told me and as soon as the laptop loaded, I typed it in. My jaw dropped as I looked over the article on the main page. These were pictures from the whole tour, although the biggest ones were from yesterday, with Michael and I holding hands while we walked, and when he kissed me in the restaurant. I couldn’t even read the text of the article, I was too caught up with the photos. Who the fuck took these?!

“Mack, are you there? Are you okay?” Lisa asked worriedly.

“No I’m not fucking okay! This is bad, Lis! If the press try to find out more about me, then they find out about Jasmine. I don’t want my daughter going through that!” I hissed.

“I’m sorry, Mack. I didn’t know you didn’t know. I shouldn’t have called,” Lisa said sadly.

I groaned, running my hand through my hair. This wasn’t her fault, I shouldn’t be taking it out on her.

“No, it’s better that I found out from you than from a random pap. Look, I’ll talk to you later, okay?” I said wearily.

“Yeah, call me,” Lisa replied.

I ended the call, burying my face in my hands. This was not good at all. I lifted my head as I heard shuffling feet, noticing all the TAI guys and Logan and Reece entering the main lounge.

“What’s wrong?” Michael frowned, sitting down next to me.

I just pointed at the screen, so he looked. His mouth pressed into a thin line and he spun the laptop round so everyone else could look, before storming into the bunks. Wonderful. I looked around the faces of Logan, Reece, William, Andy, Adam and Mike to see them looking furious as well. Then Michael walked back into the lounge with his cellphone pressed to his ear.

“Yeah, Pete? Take a fucking look online. Yuh huh, the site that said shit about Gabe a couple of months ago. They’ve followed me and Kenzie, and by plastering us all over the internet they’ll want to find out more about Kenzie, which will mean Jasmine will be found out about and that could endanger her...yeah, exactly...uh huh...told you!..alright, thanks...I know Kenzie will appreciate that...alright, see you later,”

Michael ended the call and placed his cellphone on the small table.

“Pete’s going to make a statement on the DecayDance website as well a complaint to this site for harassing us. Well, mainly you. You shouldn’t be put through this,” Michael grumbled.

“Well at least we’re out now, huh?” I said weakly.

The rest of the guys shuffled back into the bunks and back lounge, realising we needed time alone. Michael pulled me into his lap, wrapping his arms tightly around me.

“Are you okay?” he murmured, kissing the top of my head.

“I guess. I just didn’t expect or want to be plastered on the internet,” I sighed, playing with the hem of his t-shirt.

“I know, and I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have got so jealous yesterday. The pictures wouldn’t have been half as bad,” Michael frowned.

I placed my hand on his chest, looking up at him.

“This is not your fault, okay? It’s the fucking paparazzi, not you. I’ll get over it. I’m just worried about Jazz, that’s all,” I said seriously.

“I’m worried about her too. She’s too young for this,” Michael replied.

“You’re worried about my daughter?” I asked curiously, fighting a smile.

“Well yeah, of course. I mean, she’s a big part of your life, and you’re a big part of my life, so naturally I’d be worried about her,” Michael nodded.

I just grinned and pressed my lips to his in a short kiss.

“You’re too sweet,” I smiled.

“I try,” Michael shrugged.

I chuckled and kissed him again, lingering a little this time. I mean, I’m not going to let it go too far, because I’m still a little bit shocked and hurt by the article. I just wanted to show my appreciation.

“Want a mocha mix?” I asked hopefully.

“Sure, but I’ll make them. You just stay there looking pretty,” Michael replied, grinning.

I rolled my eyes but slid off his lap, letting him walk over to the ‘kitchen’. If he’s going to act like a gentleman, then I’m not going to deny it. I’m just glad I have someone like him that’s so supportive. And if he’s worrying about Jasmine too? That’s definitely extra points in my book.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahaha jealousy is never a good thing, Chizzy!
Bless him.
At least they're out now, right?

Comments?
xo