Status: Complete.

Never Regret

Apology

[Michael Guy Chislett]

I sat down on the couch opposite from the one Mackenzie was sleeping on, a hot cup of black coffee in my hands. She looked so peaceful, so happy. I’d begged her to take my bunk while I slept on the couch but she refused. She’s stubborn, I know that now. So William and I had taken all the blankets we could find (a surprising amount) and made a bed for her, lining the couch so it was warm and then covering her thoroughly. Last night she’s looked so broken, so defeated, and I’m glad it was me and William that had found her. We’d stayed up late, just me and her while William had a post-show shower, drinking mochas and talking. Even without any make-up on, she was beautiful. So, so beautiful. Every time I had made her laugh, I felt a sense of accomplishment, knowing that she was laughing because of me and no-one else. Mackenzie had fallen asleep not long before Mike, Adam and Andy had come back to the bus (seeing as they’d been drinking with the Cobras), but she slept right through their drunken noise.

“Where are we?” Mike groaned stumbling into the lounge in only his boxers.

I pressed a finger to my lips, indicating the sleeping Mackenzie. Mike’s eyes went wide and he covered his crotch before returning to the bunks, making me chuckle. A minute or so later he reappeared with a pair of jeans on. I think they’re mine actually.

“Where are we?” Mike yawned, pushing his messy hair out of his eyes.

“We’re on the way to Indianapolis, Indiana. It’s only a two hour drive so we’re gonna stop halfway and get some breakfast,” I explained.

“How do you know all this?” Mike asked, impressed.

“Jason the bus driver told me before we set off 30 minutes ago,” I chuckled, taking a sip of my mocha.

“I’m going back to bed then. Wake me up when we get there?” Mike begged.

“Sure,” I nodded.

Mike smiled his thanks and shuffled back towards the bunks. I smiled, returning my gaze to Mackenzie. She really is tragically beautiful, like a broken porcelain doll. Then we hit a pothole in the road, making the bus jolt badly. Mackenzie groaned and started to stir in her sleep, so I stood up from the couch to make it look like I hadn’t been staring at her.

“Morning Kenzie,” I said softly, pulling a coffee mug out of the cupboard.

I looked over my shoulder to see Mackenzie looking a bit confused, but then she smiled slightly when she remembered where she was.

“You let me sleep on the couch,” she smiled sleepily.

“Well you did threaten me with a spork,” I reminded her, pouring some mocha mix into the mug.

Mackenzie giggled, sitting up with the blankets wrapped around her as I poured hot water into the mug, stirring the contents. When it was ready I walked over to her, handing her the mug before sitting back down in my original seat.

“You’re too fucking good to me, thank you,” Mackenzie said shyly, inhaling the mocha scent.

“I figured you might need it. We did talk for a very long time last night and you were pretty exhausted after bailing on everyone,” I shrugged, trying to play it cool.

“I’m sorry about that,” Mackenzie pouted.

“Don’t be, seriously. You got your first sleepover on the TAI bus because of it,” I chuckled.

“If it was a sleepover we would’ve painted each others nails and done face packs,” Mackenzie giggled.

“We had mochas and talked for hours – does that not count?” I teased playfully.

“I guess so,” Mackenzie laughed.

We sat there sipping out drinks for a while, before I had a thought.

“You want a shower before we get off for breakfast?” I asked.

Mackenzie raised an eyebrow, smirking a little and I blushed. I didn’t mean it like that.

“You didn’t get to have one last night, and it’s better to have one on here that to go to breakfast with yesterday’s stage sweat on,” I mumbled, embarrassed.

Mackenzie just giggled.

“Yeah, that’d be great. Could I borrow a t-shirt though? This one’s a bit funky smelling,” Mackenzie asked, wrinkling her nose.

“Won’t it be a bit big?” I asked, confused.

“I’ll tie it in the middle,” she shrugged.

That makes sense.

“Feel free to use anyone’s shampoo. We don’t care,” I added.

“This crimped monster will take some fucking time, so thanks,” Mackenzie snickered, ruffling her bird nest hair.

She finished her drink, placing the empty mug on the table.

“Thanks for this, Michael,” Mackenzie smiled, standing up.

“Any time, Kenzie,” I said sincerely.

With a wider smile, Mackenzie headed towards the bathroom, and I couldn’t help but watch her hips sway. When she was in the bathroom I dropped my head back, letting out a soft groan. I’ve got it bad for Mackenzie Wilmot, that much was obvious.

[25 minutes later]

We weren’t far from our breakfast stop now. Mackenzie was still in the shower, but I didn’t mind. No, not like that! I’m just glad she felt comfortable enough to use our shower. Adam, William and Andy were sitting with me now, all of them in viciously bright t-shirts and skinny jeans, Andy and Adam wearing dark sunglasses. Well, they did drink a load last night.

“Michael!” Mackenzie called urgently.

I quickly got out my seat, making my bandmates laugh. Stuff them. What was wrong with Mackenzie? I walked up to the bathroom, opening the door, but froze. Mackenzie was only in her bra. A black, lacy bra. Jeez, she has a nice chest. I quickly spun around, my cheeks on fire.

“Sorry, I thought something was wrong,” I coughed.

“I just wanted a t-shirt,” Mackenzie squeaked.

“Right,” I said, embarrassed.

I walked over to my bunk as Mackenzie closed the bathroom door, and I cursed for the bathroom not having a lock. There was no way Mackenzie was ever going to give me a chance now. With a sigh I knelt down to my suitcase, pulling out a clean green tank top. That should do. I walked back over to the bathroom, butterflies filling my stomach. Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the door.

“My eyes are closed,” I announced softly, closing them.

I heard Mackenzie open the bathroom door and let out a sigh of relief. At least she knows I’m a man of my word now.

“Thanks,” she said shyly, taking the t-shirt from my hand.

“No problem. We’ll be stopping for breakfast in a couple of minutes by the way,” I smiled.

“Okay,” Mackenzie replied.

I turned as she closed the bathroom door, walking back down to the living area.

“Dude, you totally just walked in on Mackenzie, your face is so red!” Adam snickered.

“She was in her bra and shorts, it wasn’t that bad,” I defended, sitting down.

The three of them just cracked up laughing, only making me more embarrassed. I just hoped Mackenzie couldn’t hear them.

*

[Mackenzie Wilmot]

I got off the TAI bus as soon as we stopped for breakfast, not even saying goodbye toMichael the guys. I was far too embarrassed. I’d heard them laughing after Michael left and, although I hadn’t heard Michael laughing, I knew it was about me. Fuck it. I reached my bandmates and Taylor pretty quickly, grateful to Taylor for handing me a stick of eyeliner and a hand-mirror without a word.

“Who’s t-shirt is that?” Reece asked, raising his eyebrow.

“Michael’s,” I muttered, starting to thickly outline my left eye.

“Why are you wearing his shirt?” Logan asked sharply.

“Cool your jets, I didn’t fuck him. I smelt funky this morning and asked to borrow a t-shirt,” I retorted, glaring slightly.

“Alright, calm down Mack. What’s got you so wound up?” JC frowned.

“Nothing okay?” I grumbled, starting on my right eye.

“Nothing? I guess I’ll just have to ask Michael then,” JC trailed off.

“No,” I said quickly.

“What happened then?” he mused.

I sighed, finishing my make-up before handing it back to Taylor. Looking around, I saw we were at a deserted McDonalds and the other bands were already inside.

“Fine. I had a shower this morning, and when I called for Michael for a t-shirt, all I shouted was Michael so he opened the door on me in my bra and shorts,” I groaned, resting my head on JC’s shoulder.

“He what?!” Logan hissed.

“He didn’t mean to, he looked worried as he opened it and after he’d turned around he said he’d thought there was something wrong,” I sighed.

“So he didn’t look?” Reece asked dubiously.

“Of course he fucking looked - this is a good bra, my tits look incredible in it,” I retorted.

My four friends snickered, making me roll my eyes.

“As long as he didn’t try anything, and the fact that he turned around, makes it okay,” Logan smirked.

“Makes it okay? The guy saw me in my underwear! That does not make it okay!” I hissed.

“Alright, chill out Mack. Michael didn’t mean to open the door on you,” Taylor soothed.

“It’s still fucking embarrassing,” I whined, running my hands through my damp hair that was going slightly wavy because I hadn’t straightened it

“I’m sure he’s just as embarrassed as you are. Give him a little space to get over it and I’m sure everything will be alright,” JC suggested.

“Sure,” I sighed.

“Great! Looks like it’s Chicken Nuggets and fries for breakfast guys,” Reece grinned.

“Yum,” Taylor said sarcastically.

“Get a round of those fucking weird fruit bags and I’m in,” Logan yawned.

Reece just nodded, heading into the building.

“Assface forgot drink orders. What do you want?” Taylor smiled.

“Coffee,” we all answered.

“And a cola,” Logan added.

“Double that,” JC grinned.

“Triple that,” I snickered.

“Caffeine addicts!” Taylor sang.

We laughed as she walked into the fast-food haven. I leant my forehead against JC’s chest and groaned, still slightly embarrassed from the bathroom incident.

“I’ll be okay, Mack,” Logan chuckled, running his fingers through my hair.

“Just don’t ignore him completely though, yeah?” JC said firmly.

I raised an eyebrow at JC’s odd support for the Australian man, but nodded. We’ll just have to see what happens in the next few days, won’t we?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh so she stayed the night...then Michael walked in on her in the bathroom?
bahaha.
Something tells me Mack won't listen to JC's advice...

Okay, since I got a couple more commenters, I decided not to put this on hiatus.
But that doesn't mean you can't comment anymore! =] there are 24 of you subscribing - please let me know that you're actually reading this!

xo