Status: Complete.

Never Regret

Water

Today we were in Toledo, Ohio. It had taken 4 hours to drive from Indianapolis three days ago, and yesterday had been the first of August. For the three days we’d been in Toledo, all three bands had been doing radio interviews, signings and acoustic sets, so Pete had given us the day off to just chill. And that was exactly what I planned on doing. A fan had given us a set of deckchairs the other day at a signing (I know, weird right?), so I was sitting in one of them outside my bus. My Daisy Duke shorts and white tank top were perfect for the insanely hot weather, as well as turquoise flip flops, a pair of huge turquoise sunglasses, a turquoise bow in my hair, matching earrings, two ‘scene’ necklaces (one big pink diamond, one big yellow lightning bolt) and a belt with spikes all over it. Perfect.

I didn’t know where anybody was, but right now as I relaxed in the deckchair, I didn’t care. Both TAI and Cobra Starship had been sending me strange looks over the past three days, and I was getting sick of it. Even Michael wasn’t talking to me as much.Not that I cared. It was frustrating. What had I done? But whatever...if they’re going to be irritating, then I’m not going to bother with them.

“Ahh take cover!” sounded a war cry.

I groaned and lifted my head, slightly amused to see a mix of my band, the Cobras and TAI running past me with water pistols. Then the rest of the three bands ran after them with buckets of water balloons. Typical, a water fight.

“Come and join in!” Taylor giggled, pelting a water balloon at Reece.

A few people stared at me.

“I’m fine, thanks,” I said simply, leaning my head back .

I noticed Taylor smirk at JC and raise an eyebrow. JC grabbed a water balloon from Michael’s bucket and hurled it at me, hitting me directly in the chest. I shrieked and jumped to my feet, narrowing my eyes at JC and Taylor, who high-fived. Michael was staring at me, as were a few other people.

“Nice bra, Mack,” Logan snickered.

I blushed as I realised my turquoise bra was clearly showing through my now-see-through white tank top.

“Chizzy’s already seen Mack in a bra, haven’t you Chiz?” Adam teased.

I blushed deeper as Michael blushed, resulting in laughter.

“You two, watch your backs!” I warned JC and Taylor.

They just laughed harder. Rolling my eyes, I couldn’t help but chuckle as I pushed my glasses on top of my head and walked back onto my bus, intent on changing my shirt for a dry one. As I walked over to my bunk, I heard someone walk onto the bus but didn’t turn around, assuming it was someone from my band.

“Kenzie, I’m sorry, I didn’t know he was going to use my balloons,”

I turned my head in shock to see Michael standing behind me. But I just raised an eyebrow.

“Oh, so I’m worthy of speaking to now, am I?” I asked sarcastically.

“What?” Michael frowned.

I just rolled my eyes, reaching into my suitcase for a black tank top. Yeah, that’ll do.

“I just thought...”

Michael trailed off.

“You thought what?” I asked bluntly.

“Never mind. Uh, but I’m sorry for JC using my balloons and embarrassing you like that,” Michael replied, shaking his head.

I chuckled, turning my back on him as I pulled off my wet tank top, replacing it with my new one.

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll live. I do need to get revenge on JC and Taylor though,” I shrugged, facing him again.

“I could help, if you want,” Michael smiled.

I raised an eyebrow, but nodded.I missed his company. I could use some help.

“Sure,” I smiled back.

“Any ideas in mind?” Michael chuckled.

I chewed my bottom lip, leaning against my bunk as I thought. Then I snickered as a few ideas came to mind.

“Could you grab the salt from the kitchen?” I smirked.

“Okay?” Michael said, confused.

I just smiled innocently and reached into JC’s bunks for his pencil case. He always keeps pens and pencils nearby in case he gets an idea for lyrics. Shame it was coming back on him now. Michael reappeared with the salt shaker.

“So what are we doing?” Michael mused.

“I’ll take the salt if you take the pens and pencils. I want you to scatter the pens and pencils all between JC’s sheets and mattress, so when he goes to sleep he won’t be able to get comfy, and it’ll take him ages to find them all if he does figure it out. I’m going to sprinkle salt on Taylor’s toothbrush, so she’ll get a nasty taste tonight before she goes to bed. The salt will wash out pretty quickly so she won’t get ‘damaged’ or anything,” I explained mischievously.

“Remind me not to get on your bad side,” Michael chuckled, impressed.

“It helps to be devious,” I winked.

Michael blushed slightly making me laugh as I walked into the bathroom. I grabbed Taylor’s toothbrush and sprinkled the salt on, pushing it into the bristles so it wouldn’t fall out. Hah, that’ll teach her. Satisfied with my work, I walked back out of the bathroom, passing Michael on my way to the kitchen to place the salt shaker back in the cupboard. I walked back to the bunks, where Michael was retucking the sheets of JC’s bed.

“That’s all of them,” Michael smiled, handing me the empty pencilcase as he pulled the duvet back on.

“Great!” I beamed, chucking the pencilcase onto my bunk and shutting the curtain.

“I really am sorry about being so off with you lately. I don’t really have an excuse for it,” Michael said softly as we headed off the bus.

“Mm, it was a bit annoying, but as long as you’re over it,” I shrugged, opening the bus door.

“I am,” Michael insisted.

I chuckled and stuck my head out of the bus. Good, there’s no-one about. I walked off in silence, Michael right behind me.

“Would you mind if I join you, Kenzie?” Michael asked softly, indicating the deckchairs.

“Of course not,” I smiled, sitting down.

Michael’s grin widened dramatically, making me raise my eyebrow, but I didn’t say anything. This guy’s a strange one, I’ll give him that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mackenzie chilling

So Mack's noticed everyone treating her weirdly...
Yet Michael caves anyway?
Interesting, very interesting.

This won't be update for about a week, as I'm travelling home from university and will need to unpack and shit as of tomorrow!!

Comments?
xo

p.s. you'll find out the full truth about Mackenzie's secret in the next chapter =]