Status: Thank you for reading and also enduring the long drawn out story!

Promise Me This; Never Let Go

Never Meant To Be

I couldn't wait for Matt to come over today. I had to tell him what I did. I didn't hide my unhappiness with Rafael. I wasn't submissive. I opened my mouth and changed back to my old ways. I changed back to the Franchesa that didn't let anyone take control of her. Matt would be so proud of me!

Matt

This feeling was killing me. I needed to get this over with before anything. We're supposed to love each other, even at our worst, and I'm sure in a few minutes, she will see me at my worst.

The dull cricketing noise of the elevator taunted me as I waited for it to reach the desired floor. It was moving slower than usual, or was that just me? It felt like everything was working against me today.

I walked to her door and knocked loudly enough so she would hear me. She swung the door open, a huge smile adorning her face. She was most beautiful when she looked brighter and happier. I almost hated the fact that the happiness would fade away by the end of the day.

I pondered whether I should say it or not. All of the other times I've said it, the results were heartbreak. It would be wrong of me to say that I don't need that girl by my side, that I don't need that girl in my life, that I don't want to say she's my kind, that I don't want to tell her that I love her more than life.

I didn't give her time to say anything before I opened my mouth. "Franchesa, I'm sick and tired of this. I love you, I'm in love with you, but you've never said it to me. I'm close to breaking, so fucking close." I felt the tears cloud over my vision of her. She was becoming blurry. I blinked them away, and continued on. "Sometimes I want to give up on you. Why should I stick around when there's a chance you won't? I'm sick of this, sick! You won't leave him, but you won't let me go. Make a fucking choice already! Stop being so selfish!"

My breathing was labored and my blood was pounding against my ear drums. Yet, I could still hear the silence in the room. We were staring each other down. I waited for a response. I needed to see some type of response whether it be angry, hurt, sad, or even happy. Either way, I needed something.

"Are you done?" was the simple question she asked.

I couldn't believe it; I really could not. She always complained that I never told her anything. She had to go through so much work and effort to make me talk about my feelings. I finally do and she acts like it's nothing.

"I don't know why I try. You don't even care," I spat.

A scoff escaped her lips. "Now you know how I feel."

"Don't you even dare try to say that you know how I feel. You don't."

"Don't I? I spent half of my year falling for you. In that same time, I showed you signs that maybe, just maybe I wanted to be with you. You aren't stupid. I know you saw and noticed them and you didn't do anything. You ignored it and pretended like nothing changed between us. Don't even say that I don't know how you feel. I tried and you didn't care. So shut your mouth."

"And? Even now you won't tell me you're in love with me. What are you playing at? Forget it, I don't want to hear it. Bye."

And with that, I slammed the door behind me and headed for the stairs. I couldn't stand in an elevator for 10 minutes so I could reach the lobby.

I threw myself against the door and ran down the flights of stairs. I needed to get my anger out somehow and this was somewhat working.

By the time I reached the ground floor, I was sweating heavily and my breathing was very loud. People gave me weird looks as I bolted out of the hotel. Yes, this did look suspicious. No, I didn't care. I needed to get out of there before something bad happened. By something bad, I mean me saying something else I'll later regret.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Some chapter content credit goes to David Choi-That Girl

As soon as my exams are finished are Tuesday, I'll definitely get back into the gear of writing everyday. Almost losing my laptop (my baby) scared me lol
Yeah, this is a short chapter, but I'll update faster since summer vacation is arriving soon!