Of Quidditch Tournaments and Falling In Love

Chapter 3

Image

Tuesday didn’t come quick enough for Amira and I.

And after what seemed like forever, Amira and I were driving to Chantea’s mansion of a house for her annual end of summer party.

“I’m excited!” Amira said as she put her hands up.

“Me too. I wonder who’s all gonna be there.” I asked.

“Basically everyone at Duschene. And some guys she’s known almost all her life” Amira said with a shrug.
“Oh well that’s gonna be fun. As fun goes with Chantea’s parties.” I said grinning.

Chantea’s parties were fun, but at almost every single one, there’s drama; some students who weren’t invited, some guys Chauntea dated and a bunch of other things I’d rather not get into.

“Seriously!” Amira agreed laughing.

We arrived shortly and walked up to the front door.

Two big burly guys stood in front of the door and I instantly recognized then as Chase and Darryl, Chantea’s brothers, both seventh year Slytherin’s

“Oh look, Duschene’s ‘greatest’ Quidditch Captain’s” Darryl said.

“Upset You don’t get to represent?” Amira asked smirking

“Shut up Amira.” Chad snapped.

“Are you going to let us in or continue to pout?” I asked.

Darryl opened the door for us and we walked in.

The music was loud and I was surprised the whole house wasn’t shaking.

“Cecilia, Amira! So glad you made it!” Chauntea said giving us a hug.

“Oh well you know! Can’t miss out on a good party!” Amira exclaimed over the loud music.

I nodded in agreement.

“Well we all know that.” Cecilia said with a grin. “Come on I have some people I want you to meet.”

Amira and I shared a look.

“Joe! Nick!” Cecilia called

The Two boys we had seen at the mall turned towards us and waved.

Chauntea pulled us towards them. “Joe Nick. these ar my friends Cecilia and Amiraa. Cecilia Amira this is Joe and Nick.” she introduced us.

“It’s nice to meet you ladies.” Joe said his voice filled with an English accent and I saw Amira almost melt.

I smiled at them. “I’m going to get something to drink.” I said both Joe and Amira too busy smiling goofily at each other to care.

“I’ll join you.” Nick said making me smile.

We headed to the bar and got some soda.

“So your friend he’s Chantea’s cousin?” I asked Nick.

“Yeah, they aren’t really related. They just grew up together. So they’re basically cousin’s” Nick shrugged.

“Where do you come in?” I asked grabbing myself a can of root beer.

“Joe and I are best friends. Chauntea doesn’t like to note it because I didn’t come from the same house.” Nick explained.

At that moment I realized why Amira liked accents so much.

They were intriguing and Nick’s voice was slightly deep so it made it better.

I took a sip of my root beer. “What house are you in?” I asked.

“Gryffindor, and was. I’m no longer a student. Last year was my well my last. What about you?”

“Same, house I mean. Maybe Chauntea just doesn’t like you? Or maybe she secretly likes you more than a friend? I don’t know.” I said shrugging.

“You know you’re probably right.” Nick said smiling.

I smiled also my heart stopping for a moment.

“You have a nice smile.” I said before I could stop myself.

Nick chuckled his smile never leaving.

“Really? I think it’s my worst feature.” he said shying away a little.

I gave him a look that said ‘slap yourself’. “Well I like it so that’s all that matters.” I said grinning taking another sip.

It was quiet between Nick and I before he broke the silence. “Would like to dance?” he asked.

“Sure.” I said smiling setting my drink onto the table.

Nick grabbed my hand and led to me to the dance floor.

I followed him and started to dance along with the music.

Nick brought me closer to his body and we started to move together.

His hands were hot on my hips and as put one hand on his neck I looked over to Amira and Joe in a similar position.

I grinned moving my body so Nick and are were chest to chest.

He grinned at me leaning forward a little.

I could feel his breath against my lips as I moved closer to him our lips nearly brushing. He dipped down a little and…

“Cecilia! Did you bring extra clothes?” Chauntea asked

“Uh yeah, I did.” I said as Nick and I parted.

“Great.” she said before heading over to Joe and Amira who were in a heated lip lock.

Lucky.

Nick said something about going to the bathroom and I nodded at him.

“Cecilia!” I heard someone say and I turned around to Meagan.

“Hey Meagan! What’s up?” I asked her after she have me a hug.

“Have you seen Garbo? We were supposed to meet up and leave.” she said.

I looked around and spotted talking to Max.

“There he is.” I said.

I could see how her shoulders instantly relaxed when she that he was indeed talking to the Gryffindor’s keeper Max.

“Give him time Meg.” I said “He’ll come around.”

Did I mention Meagan and Garbo have been friends since god knows how long? And that Meagan’s been in love with since?

Meagan looked at me confused. I just gave her a smile as Garbo walked up.

“Miller.” he said. “Garbowsky.” I said.

“Are you ready to go?” Garbo asked Meagan.

She nodded. “We have to get our stuff for school. I’ll see you at Hogwarts?” Meagan asked.

“Yup, bye guys.” I said waving.

“Cecilia!” I heard Amira call. I turned to her. “Hai.” I said.

“Chantea’s parents are home so the parties ending. Her mom’s furious. So we won’t be spending the night.” Amira said.

I shrugged. “No big deal/ Do you want to leave now?”

“Yeah, I’d rather not be on the cover of a magazine tomorrow.” Amira said laughing.

I laughed also. Neither would I. I said.

“Cecilia, Amira, are you two leaving?” Nick asked.

“Just about.” I said smiling at him. “Why?”

“Joe and I were wondering if we could get your numbers. So we can talk and possibly go to the beach next week.” Nick said,

Sharing a look with Amira I looked back at Nick.

“Sure.”

We exchanged numbers before Amira and I headed out to my car.

I smiled at her. “Wow this summer, just got a whole lot better.” she said grinning.

Yes it did.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay another update!!

soo yeah tell me what you think