Status: If you want to join this, message me, Monster! :]

The Life of a Teenager

When’s The Last time You Said You Loved Me Or Were There For Me?

I remember the last time you really were there for me.

I was four and it was my first day of Pre-School. I wasn’t scared, in fact I was happy. You told me that Pre-School was for very smart people and that I was very smart so I had to go. We had went to the Pre-School the day before so I knew what the place looked like.

On my first day of Pre-School you let me wear my favorite yellow sparkly tank top that said “Daddy’s Girl’s” on and my favorite pair of blue shorts. You even did my hair in pigtails, which was my favorite style at the time.

Anyways we made pancakes and bacon together and we ate them together along with a little orange juice. Then, you walked me out to the side walk and we waited on the school bus to come. I thought the yellow school bus was ugly and you laughed and agreed with me.

When the ugly school bus came to our house you pulled me into a huge hug and told me that you loved me. Then you let me get on the ugly bus.

My first day at Pre-School was horrible. The kids made fun of me because I had a scar on my left hand. I ended up crying and I wanted to leave and go home. But, the dumb teacher wouldn’t let me call you. Which is probably why, I through a block at her in the head.

I was happy at 2:30, because that’s when Pre-School was over. I ran off the school bus and into our house. When I got into the house, I throw my Spider-man book bag on the floor getting your attention. You came over to me and I told you that I never want to go to that place again.

You pulled me into a hug and I started crying, I told you that the kids made fun of my scar.

You said that they were just jealous that they didn’t have a scar like mine. I told you that I wanted it gone and you told me that it made me unique and that no one had a scar like mine. My dad walked over to us and handed me a Spider man band aid. He told me that I could wear a band aid over it if I wanted to. So, you kissed my scar and placed the band aid over.

Then, dad placed me on his shoulder and I told him that I through a block at the teacher’s head. My dad laughed and said that he was gonna buy me ice cream later. You just stood there and told me that I had to say sorry.

After that, you took me into the kitchen and we made lots of cookies. You told me how special I was and how much you loved me.

That was the last time you were ever there for me mommy. It’s been ten years and I miss you being there for me. Sure, I may be super smart and responsible, but I miss you. You are never there for me anymore. It’s like I’m growing up by myself. I’m a teenager and people say it’s the time you need your family the most. And I agree, I’m dealing with a lot of crap. Not only boys and drama. But I’m dealing with pain. I have a condition that causes me to go through pain and it’s like you forget that I have. You rather spend your time gambling. Sometimes, I wish you would open your eyes and see that I need you mommy. I’m still a little girl trapped inside a teenager’s body. I need you mommy.

So, there you have it folks it’s the life of this teenager.
♠ ♠ ♠
That is the life of this teenager.
I not close to my mom at all and I want to be. But, she's never home because she would rather be out gambling. She doesn't think that she had a gambling problem but she does.
I cried when I wrote this and when I read this over.

-Monique