Status: If you want to join this, message me, Monster! :]

The Life of a Teenager

16 and Pregnant? Ha, no, try 12 and Pregnant.

Imagine having one of the worst possible moments in your life turn into the best moment of your life.

When I was 12 years old, my best friend from San Diego gave me a call. It was late at night, and I was pretty pissed off when I realized it was her that was calling me. At the time, we weren't really on good terms because she would only lie and lie and lie to me, so I started to ignore her altogether. Getting a call from her at one in the morning was not exactly something that I was very happy about.

But, I answered the phone anyway, and she sounded scared. She was sobbing and sobbing and sobbing, but I didn't know how to stop her. I tried to calm her down, but nothing could control the horrible sobs escaping her lips. She finally calmed herself, and I won't forget the first two words she said, "I'm pregnant."

Immediately, I hung up the phone. I just thought she was lying. She lies because she honestly craves attention. She's an only child, her parents are always working, and even though she has many friends, I think she feels the need to lie to keep them, so I figured she was making all of this up. She had already lied to me once before about being pregnant, so I was furious she was about to try it again.

The next day, I called her back to talk. I knew that whether she was pregnant or not, I would have to talk to her about the situation and see why in the hell she would lie to me in the first place. I dialed her number and she answered immediately, thanking me for calling and asking why I hung up. I interrupted her and told her to explain herself to me.

She told me that she was raped by her boyfriend at the time, and as the next few weeks continued, she would always be sick and she couldn't keep anything down. She automatically jumped to the conclusion that she was pregnant, and told her friends to go and buy her some pregnancy tests. She ended up taking three, all of which turned out to be positive.

I decided to believe her, but I was very, very skeptical about the whole thing. Her story made no sense, and since she's already lied to me before, I didn't know what to believe.

But soon, she started showing and she had to start hiding her baby bump with baggy shirts. This is when I knew she was telling the truth. She took pictures of herself on her phone, and sent them to me. I got to see the tiny little bump slowly become bigger and bigger, and I fell in love with the baby inside her stomach.

Her parents, of course, found out eventually, and they didn't support her, but she refused to give up the baby. So, her parents still took her to regular appointments and agreed to let her take care of the baby as long as her cousins could watch after the baby on school days. She agreed right away, and so her journey as a mother began.

She found out the sex of the baby a little while later, and we were both so excited to find out that she would be having a girl. Being a huge Leana fan (Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan's wife), I suggested that she names the baby Leana, and she loved the name.

Ironically, when I went to go see Avenged Sevenfold perform live, she went into labor. She texted me in the middle of the show, and I was freaking out. It took almost a day and a half for little Leana to arrive, but when she finally entered the world, I was completely over joyed.

I even became her god mother. <3
♠ ♠ ♠
Just for privacy, I never mentioned my best friend's name. But little Leana is still happy and healthy. :]