Status: If you want to join this, message me, Monster! :]

The Life of a Teenager

Religion

I want to tell my parents that I've personally decided not to be Catholic, and instead not have a religion, but I'm afraid that they won't except that. I've made my Confirmation, and to other people, it seems I'm throwing away religion, when I'm not. I've decided not to have one, but except that in the end, anything could happen and there could be a God, but there's also a chance there won't be. I'm terrified to tell me parents because I'm afraid they will reject me.

I want to tell my parents that I've personally decided to not be Catholic, I really do, but I just can't. It's not that easy.

They grew up Catholic, and raised us to be so. But I feel like that's not me. Religion isn't me. It never was.

I've made my Confirmation, and for others to find out that I've decided to shed my Catholics faith, is terrifying. I know they will judge me. I know they think I'm wrong.

It's not like I've shunned God completely, I just feel like he's not the only thing out there. Everyone always told me to be open-minded and I'm trying my best to do so. And by not only not having a certain religion, but also accepting all possibilities, I feel I am being open-minded.

Thinking of telling my parents, or my grandparents, or anyone this is scary. I don't want them to reject me. I don't want them to hate me. I don't want them to think of me differently. I just want to be normal. But I also want to make my own decisions,

Starting with this one.
♠ ♠ ♠
0.0