Status: If you want to join this, message me, Monster! :]

The Life of a Teenager

Which would you choose?

Imagine this as your life for just a moment. You wake up every morning to cook for your little sister and brother, leave to school, and walk to work after school. After working 6 hours you come home to your abusive alcoholic mother and hungry younger siblings. You scavenge the kitchen for food, cook, and clean while she yells at you for things that make no sense. She stumbles around drunk, trying to hit you with a beer bottle. Before bed you pray to God to someday let you go to America, even though you know you can't leave.

This isn't my story. This is the story of my 14 year old friend.

Every day he goes through this. His father left him and went to America for a better life. He hasn't heard from his father ever since then.

He has a chance to go to American too.

His uncle has offered him a chance to come live with him, but he refuses.

You see, if he does his siblings can't go with him. They were born in Mexico so they can never go to America.

Would you be able to do that, knowing your the only person that cares for them?

Then again, would you ever be able to pass up the chance to leave that horrible life and just become an average teenage American?
♠ ♠ ♠
For my friend, who I miss dearly.