Status: If you want to join this, message me, Monster! :]

The Life of a Teenager

Just Because I am Young Doesn't Mean Anything

“With age comes wisdom.”

Who ever said that forgot to mention that…

“There is an exception to every rule.”

I am 19 years old, but still treated as if I was just some kid who started going to school. It’s as if they think I have no idea what I am talking about, so they just brush it off. I may not be the smartest person in the world, but I have seen a lot of things, that others never even dreamt about. I have been in adult conversations before, since I was eight years old. Hell, on my eight birthday, I saw one of my friends try jumping out of a moving vehicle, and my friends mom get hit, in all of three hours. Just because I am young doesn’t mean I don’t know what I am talking about.

I may not be book smart, and I may not be able to give you facts off the top of my head, but I am observant with others, and can give people advice. So why doesn’t anyone listen? It’s because “I’m still too young.” or “Things are different.” or “You just don’t understand, you haven‘t been in this type of situation before.” They never stop to think that maybe the reason I Haven’t been in that type of situation is because I have seen others in that situation and learned from it.

What I am trying to say is, just because I am young doesn’t mean I am stupid, I know what I have seen, what I have heard, and how to handle situations, even if it hasn’t happened to me personally. Just because I am young doesn’t mean my insight is any less valuable then someone who is five years, or ten years my senior. Don’t think for even a minuet I can’t help. Realize, that I may know the same, if not more then those who are older then me, and take what I say into account. Who knows, it may help. Also, don’t treat me like a fragile little kid, because I am not, and to be honest, I never really have been, but that’s a different story for a different time.

Remember this and remember it well, “With age comes wisdom, but there is an exception to every rule.”